• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First round o' cuts

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see who everybody thinks is going to be dismissed in the first batch of cuts.

I think a couple that may surprise will be Omar Bolden and Virgil Green. What do you guys think?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they have already made the majority of them. Big surprise to me was Ryan Katz getting cut. Looks like Broncos are planning on rolling with 2 quarterbacks this season and having the other on the practice squad.

Anybody heard how serious Bolden's injury was from Saturday?

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops. Guess I should get up to speed. I thought they did that mid week after the 3rd preseason game.

Not surprised Orton got cut.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops. Guess I should get up to speed. I thought they did that mid week after the 3rd preseason game.

Not surprised Orton got cut.

I was hoping he would make it this year as I thought he was the best option to replace D. Thomas or Decker if either went down with injury but the kid just can't stay healthy and we can't have that. Plus Caldwell seems to look like a whole new player this year. I think him getting snubbed on the whole Peyton taking his receivers to Duke University for a week really opened his eyes to he needed to get to work.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes....Caldwell has already shown me more this preseason than he did all of last year combined. I think he could step up and really help our big play ability this year. I know King will make the team, but would you rather see Robinson or Thomas as the 6th WR? That's really a toss up I guess, but that Thomas kid has some serious wheels.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think neither of them make it. Right now looking at our Roster the Broncos will keep D. Thomas, Decker, Welker, Caldwell, King, and Holiday then will count as the 6th receiver/returner guy. I think the Broncos will go with 4 TE's again as at least this last game I think they spent close to 75% of their plays still in 2 TE sets. Plus with Baltimore and New England needing some TE help I would rather not release one of our guys to be picked up by them.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes....Caldwell has already shown me more this preseason than he did all of last year combined. I think he could step up and really help our big play ability this year. I know King will make the team, but would you rather see Robinson or Thomas as the 6th WR? That's really a toss up I guess, but that Thomas kid has some serious wheels.

That back shoulder catch that Caldwell made on the left sideline reminded me a lot of so many catches that Brandon Lloyd used to make.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think neither of them make it. Right now looking at our Roster the Broncos will keep D. Thomas, Decker, Welker, Caldwell, King, and Holiday then will count as the 6th receiver/returner guy. I think the Broncos will go with 4 TE's again as at least this last game I think they spent close to 75% of their plays still in 2 TE sets. Plus with Baltimore and New England needing some TE help I would rather not release one of our guys to be picked up by them.

Oh yah...I forgot Trindon will be in there too at WR. I wonder if we're gonna run as many 2 TE sets as last year? Can't say I saw it alot so far in the preseason, but that doesn't really mean anything. You'd think with the addition of Welker we'd be more spread out more often, but who knows for sure. Dreessen and Thomas could make a nasty TE combo. Hope Julius does some great stuff in this last preseason game. From all I've read about him in camp he's kind of underwhelmed me up to this point.....again......just preseason.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yah...I forgot Trindon will be in there too at WR. I wonder if we're gonna run as many 2 TE sets as last year? Can't say I saw it alot so far in the preseason, but that doesn't really mean anything. You'd think with the addition of Welker we'd be more spread out more often, but who knows for sure. Dreessen and Thomas could make a nasty TE combo. Hope Julius does some great stuff in this last preseason game. From all I've read about him in camp he's kind of underwhelmed me up to this point.....again......just preseason.

Well so far teams have been playing almost a 4 deep zone against the Broncos to keep them from doing anything deep so all that Julius and the others have had open is the underneath stuff. My guess is when the Broncos start putting in the more complicated offensive game schemes and plays he will be more prevalent at that point. Throw in they have not had Welker a whole lot this preseason which should open things up for the other guys.

I do agree that they will play a lot more 3-wide sets with Welker which would mean one less TE on a regular basis but TE's are usually pretty important players on Special Teams and with Tamme, Thomas, and Dreessen all coming back from injuries my guess is Green will be kept more for insurance than anything else. He also has been catching the eye of the coaching staff over the last couple of weeks from what I have read so we shall see. This might be one of the tougher years the Broncos have had when it comes down to getting the roster at 53 players. Corner and Safety especially come to mind of who is going to make this roster. I thought for sure Jammer was gone but now with Bolden's injury and Jammer actually doing a good job this last game I think he still has a chance.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so far teams have been playing almost a 4 deep zone against the Broncos to keep them from doing anything deep so all that Julius and the others have had open is the underneath stuff. My guess is when the Broncos start putting in the more complicated offensive game schemes and plays he will be more prevalent at that point. Throw in they have not had Welker a whole lot this preseason which should open things up for the other guys.

I do agree that they will play a lot more 3-wide sets with Welker which would mean one less TE on a regular basis but TE's are usually pretty important players on Special Teams and with Tamme, Thomas, and Dreessen all coming back from injuries my guess is Green will be kept more for insurance than anything else. He also has been catching the eye of the coaching staff over the last couple of weeks from what I have read so we shall see. This might be one of the tougher years the Broncos have had when it comes down to getting the roster at 53 players. Corner and Safety especially come to mind of who is going to make this roster. I thought for sure Jammer was gone but now with Bolden's injury and Jammer actually doing a good job this last game I think he still has a chance.

Definitely saw Jammer make some plays too, and honestly I'd rather we keep him than Bolden regardless of injury. I've seen Bolden miss about 5 tackles (including a gimme sack) this preseason, and really has never done anything in the return game to make me think he's all that valuable. I know he's still super young, but now with this injury it could really pave the way for Jammer to make the squad, and Bolden to be shown the door.

BTW.....loved what I saw from DRC against St. Louis. He and Phillips (gonna get alot of PT) IMO are gonna be to of the more underrated FA pick ups this offseason.:D