• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - Colorado Avalanche vs. St. Louis Blues

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in gods name would they steamroll Vegas? Vegas actually is a really good team and one that constantly gives the Avs trouble.
Colorado is a one line team with a good blue line and iffy goaltending.

Boston has been a contender for a decade based on that formula and you can definitely win like that but it doesn’t make you a juggernaut in the mold of, say, Tampa Bay right now. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see the Avs go out next round.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado is a one line team with a good blue line and iffy goaltending.

Boston has been a contender for a decade based on that formula and you can definitely win like that but it doesn’t make you a juggernaut in the mold of, say, Tampa Bay right now. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see the Avs go out next round.
Nothing is impossible but that model is why I think the next round won't be a challenge.
Yeah IF they play the Knights they compared up well but if they keep the offensive zone play up I don't see either team standing a chance. By no means do I think the Avs are the best team because, on paper, right now no one is beating the Bolts.

Hence, your comments is why the Bruins should make it out of the East division vs the Isles or Pens fairly easily come playoff time certain teams just can't compete with that.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is impossible but that model is why I think the next round won't be a challenge.
Yeah IF they play the Knights they compared up well but if they keep the offensive zone play up I don't see either team standing a chance. By no means do I think the Avs are the best team because, on paper, right now no one is beating the Bolts.

Hence, your comments is why the Bruins should make it out of the East division vs the Isles or Pens fairly easily come playoff time certain teams just can't compete with that.
Vegas is definitely a different beast to STL and while I'd give the Avs the advantage it would just take a shitty Grubauer game or two to put them into panic mode.

They also won't have Kadri for that entire series.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas is definitely a different beast to STL and while I'd give the Avs the advantage it would just take a shitty Grubauer game or two to put them into panic mode.

They also won't have Kadri for that entire series.
Is that a bad thing knowing his bonehead decisions? Seriously though he does disrupt a lot and will be missed.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a bad thing knowing his bonehead decisions? Seriously though he does disrupt a lot and will be missed.
I feel, and I don't think it's unreasonable given how close each series was, that the Leafs would've beaten Boston both times had Kadri been on the ice instead of sitting in the press box. He's a tremendous two-way player and JT Compher just isn't a replacement, especially when the opposition will have Mark Stone doing the same job on the opposite end.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif