• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Onepeat and then TCU?

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday night in Arlington, Texas, the nine will reunite from across the country at AT&T Stadium, where their Horned Frogs will take on Ohio State. They'll be watching from a box that might as well be called the "Little Sisters of the Poor Suite."

Because, after all, they were the ones behind 20 billboards that popped up around Columbus, Ohio, eight years ago.

"That's my core crew, and win or lose, TCU football is what keeps us together," Runyon said. "And that passion we have is what fueled the billboard thing."

That billboard thing has only added to the buildup surrounding TCU's showdown with Ohio State......

Yet tension between TCU and Ohio State dates back to the backstretch of the 2010 season, when Gary Patterson's undefeated Horned Frogs were trying to become the first team from a mid-major conference to play for a BCS National Championship.

Then-Ohio State president Gordon Gee took issue with TCU's candidacy, suggesting that the Horned Frogs were only undefeated because they played the "Little Sisters of the Poor."

"I made that quip, unfortunately, but of course, I'm well known for making unfortunate quips," joked Gee, now president at West Virginia University, in an interview with ESPN.com. "I always thought they had a good football program. ... I thought it was just a funny statement."

In the end, Runyon and his buddies would have the last laugh.

TCU went on to stay unbeaten. And though the Horned Frogs just missed out on playing for a national championship, they were invited to play in the Rose Bowl against Big Ten champion Wisconsin, which had also handed the Buckeyes their only loss of the season.

Runyon and his eight friends met in California and went to the game together, watching on as TCU knocked off the Badgers 21-19.

TCU alums finally claim 2011 Ohio State billboard prank

I remember the comment by Gee but don't remember seeing any Billboards. I wonder how much money they wasted?

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the comment by Gee but don't remember seeing any Billboards. I wonder how much money they wasted?

TCU got the last laugh? Last time i checked OSU has a title since then, TCU hasnt won shit.