• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Nets....Now Peter King

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King talking about the Cowboys really wanting Manziel at 16. All I can say to that is.... Manziel would look good in Houston, Jax or Cleveland. If he gets past them, he would only have to get past the Vikings at 8 before we would probably find out

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Manziel has been linked by many to the Cowboys all offseason. I don't see it happening.

I still think at least 2 and hopefully 3 QBs go before our pick. You hear so much about how there are no great QBs in this draft, but at the same time 1/3 of the teams may take a QB in the first 3 or 4 rounds. I think a few years from now we are looking at a lot of starting QBs out of this draft.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the Cowboys guys our team gets clicks and hits on the net and the TV ratings

Just associating the Boys with anybody is a guaranteed ratings driver

Just the the Yankee's in Baseball and the Lakers in Basketball the Cowboys in Football any name with those teams attached will drive ratings to your

As far as Manziel I pass but that's just me

your mileage will vary

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never had an issue with Nets posting about Dallas' draft plans. He didn't post anything that wasn't already out there prior. My issues was his contact taking to someone who has no reason to be included in draft discussions.

What King says here is not new. Steven Jones has talked publicly about his like of Manziel. Is it smoke? Who knows? I said it before id talk up 20 names. I'd even be saying I'm taking Clowney if the opportunity presents it self. I just wouldn't talk in confidence about my draft plans outside of those in my draft meetings.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King also has an article suggesting the Eagles may trade up for Manziel. I guess he has to cover all the bases

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Sullivan of the Cowboys' website was told the team will "absolutely no(t)" draft Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel.
The Manziel-to-Dallas idea has generated pre-draft noise in recent weeks, mostly because it's fun to imagine, but it's not happening. The Cowboys would absorb a nearly $30 million cap penalty to part with Tony Romo in 2014, and a $9.6 million penalty to move on from Romo next offseason. "For the record, I'm not guessing on the Cowboys not drafting Manziel," Sullivan tweeted. "I was told absolutely no by the highest of authorities." For better or worse, Dallas is stuck with Romo for at least two more years, and they won't be using their first-round pick to draft a guy who'll be riding the bench.

Source: Jeff Sullivan on Twitter Apr 28 - 4:21 PM

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Sullivan of the Cowboys' website was told the team will "absolutely no(t)" draft Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel.
The Manziel-to-Dallas idea has generated pre-draft noise in recent weeks, mostly because it's fun to imagine, but it's not happening. The Cowboys would absorb a nearly $30 million cap penalty to part with Tony Romo in 2014, and a $9.6 million penalty to move on from Romo next offseason. "For the record, I'm not guessing on the Cowboys not drafting Manziel," Sullivan tweeted. "I was told absolutely no by the highest of authorities." For better or worse, Dallas is stuck with Romo for at least two more years, and they won't be using their first-round pick to draft a guy who'll be riding the bench.

Source: Jeff Sullivan on Twitter Apr 28 - 4:21 PM

Of course we wont

Smoke screen Smoke screen Smoke screen ..... to build up trade value

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this as far fetched as most of you. Manziel is polarizing. Opposing fans would tune in hopes of watching him fail. Drafting Manziel would probably also not be a good idea.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this as far fetched as most of you. Manziel is polarizing. Opposing fans would tune in hopes of watching him fail. Drafting Manziel would probably also not be a good idea.

Great idea if you are the Jags. Dallas doesn't need Manziel to sell tickets or get on TV. Simply a dumb reason for Dallas to draft JF.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone that keeps saying Jerry will do it to make a splash. (including the NFL board) doesnt realize yes he likes to make a splash but not by second guessing himself to the public. No way he gives a huge contract to Romo & then takes a QB in the 1st round. hell after drafting Quincey as our starter, he wouldnt use a high round pick on a QB, because of his decision on QC.

& QC sucked!!!

He's not gonna draft against his ego. Manziel will not be a Cowboy!
& if a scout or coach suggests it. He should be fired before the draft is over :nod:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way JFF makes it passed CLE. None.

All this is just smoke in case someone thinking they want JFF but sitting behind Dallas and thinking that once JFF gets out of the top 8 he will fall to them.