• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Lavy thread!

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another debacle by this coach. When he 1st took over he brought his puck pressure system, and compared to stevens sit back crap it was good, but now they aren't making anymore progress and that started in the cup final 2 years ago.

1)Out coached in the Stanley Cup Finals, left the Richards-Gagne-carter line together to rot while Quenville separated Kane/Toews. Also pulled Leighton in game 1 and had Boucher come in and let a shit game winning goal in, the game ended 6-5 and did Quenville pull Niemi, no. Game 2 he left Krajiec/Bartuluis out for D zone faceoff that lost them that game, especially when they where playing the top 4 so much, but screwed the pooch on that one.

2) Last year he exiled Bob for what fucking reason, to bring Leighton back in the playoffs??? Against Boston any fool knows they pinch dmen, and points were wideopen all series long, with Lavys collapse to the goalie system they were dead from the beginning and didn't even adjust.

3) This year after 1 regulation loss against the Caps this fool changes all the lines, wtf was he thinking, he has fucked this team again. His timeouts if anybody has noticed have backfired 3 or 4 straight times, and without Pronger the whole team looks lost to shit. Loosing your best Dman you think they would trap or play a tighter game, but fuck no why would they do that. Its not like the trap works right, just ask the pens and devils, fucking brick.

6-5 loss in game 1 Stanley Cup Phi/Chi
8-7 loss last year to Tampa
8-6 loss to Boston last year
9-8 loss tonight

This team can't win fucking crazy scoring games, its so fucking frustrating, assholes.

Fire Lavy bring in a D minded coach.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A change shall happen before the Classic. Maybe a coach, maybe a trade, maybe a GM.

Something.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A change shall happen before the Classic. Maybe a coach, maybe a trade, maybe a GM.

Something.

I think it will be before that.They can't afford to get too deep in a hole.

They currently sit 5th in conference but Isles,Rags and Devils have games in hand.

Lavy's line juggling is just ridiculous,but the biggest problem is defence.
There is no way in hell IMO the Flyers go deep this year with the current defence,with or without Pronger.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade the Russians and bring up Leighton again. Lol. I'm frustrated to but I wouldn't fire Lavi this early. I would trade for another solid dman. If it takes trading a good player from our team to get one, so be it. We know we can score. However, the defense and goaltending sucks balls.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade the Russians and bring up Leighton again. Lol. I'm frustrated to but I wouldn't fire Lavi this early. I would trade for another solid dman. If it takes trading a good player from our team to get one, so be it. We know we can score. However, the defense and goaltending sucks balls.

I agree,and as for Lavy-who in the hell is out there that's worth a damn?

Too early to be asking for his head.Is Keenan out there?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I agree,and as for Lavy-who in the hell is out there that's worth a damn?

Too early to be asking for his head.Is Keenan out there?

Keenan? Lol. Ask the '80s Flyers team what they felt about Mikey. He ran those guys into the ground. We have had plenty of them. Hitchcock is probably close enough. I would take Terry Murray back in a second if he was available. Maybe make a trade with the LA Flyers and swap coaches.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about trade all of our dmen for all new dmen?

i'd be willing to go 2 for 1 with all our dmen if the ones we bring in actually play defense

i dont think i saw a good defensively play the entire game.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys. It's a bit early to begin talk of firing the coach. I think the last two games fall on the defense & goalies.

ya.. OP got carried away, didnt get any backup from the rest of us though

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I have felt twitches of this in the last week....but I am not really there yet. It isn't his fault that Pronger is hurt.

It is his fault that his "system" leaves the defense wide open to counter attacks and leaves goalies hung out to dry (Look at Cam Ward's stats after the canes won the cup and before Lavvy was fired).

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like everyone else, I feel the burn too, but aside from some questionable line combo's...Lavy has been pretty damn good in my book.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Outcoached in the CUp FInals means he coached a team to the Finals. Not that I was happy with his goalie shit last playoffs. I thought it was embarrassing. But I don't see a suitable replacement on the market. Plus, the front office just sided with the coaches for the first time over the players in trading Richie and Carter; I can't see them having a quick trigger on the coach...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't fire the coach with all of the changes that have been made but if this continues into Xmas who knows someone's head will role. I doubt it will even get to that point as they'll tighten it up the D talent is there they just have to play better plain and simple.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree Fin. THe talent is there, it just has to play better. And for the most part, it is the same players from last year with the same coaching, so there is no reason for a prolonged slide. Most national experts put a Fleyrs healthy D as the deepest in the league, despite our hometown fans picking apart each one of them from time to time.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree Fin. THe talent is there, it just has to play better. And for the most part, it is the same players from last year with the same coaching, so there is no reason for a prolonged slide. Most national experts put a Fleyrs healthy D as the deepest in the league, despite our hometown fans picking apart each one of them from time to time.

So with this deep of a D with Pronger in the lineup, why hasn't this d core been the best even since last year.Even with #20 they are suspect but still alright.

Flawed system that colapses the forwards to the goalie, and doesn't cover the points.

Play the fucking trap until Pronger comes back!

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderwho? Is that you? Why don't we see what happens in the next 10 games or so. The major problem with this team is lack of defense. What the hell happened to our defense has been going on since last year after the all star break, and hasn't been fixed yet. If that issue doesn't get addressed then we're fucked. And no, Pronger isn't the reason the "D" is doing so poorly..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I have felt twitches of this in the last week....but I am not really there yet. It isn't his fault that Pronger is hurt.

It is his fault that his "system" leaves the defense wide open to counter attacks and leaves goalies hung out to dry (Look at Cam Ward's stats after the canes won the cup and before Lavvy was fired).

grrrr.. he doesnt make the difference between 4-0 and 1-4.. he's not that fuckin good! :flame::mad2:

its not lavi's fault that nobody on the team wants to play defense though

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderwho? Is that you? Why don't we see what happens in the next 10 games or so. The major problem with this team is lack of defense. What the hell happened to our defense has been going on since last year after the all star break, and hasn't been fixed yet. If that issue doesn't get addressed then we're fucked. And no, Pronger isn't the reason the "D" is doing so poorly..

thank you SF.