• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fins vs. Jets( without the Tua hate)

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will post some thoughts about the game without the biased views against Tua that we have been seeing weekly from Paulo.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets are the top team in the pursuit of Lawrence. They need him, a new Head Coach, and a good Oline to start to turn things around.

I think the Fins will have a bounce back game and get the victory.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is comical. Looks like the Dolphins and Jets have the same needs -- minus the OL and HC.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing personal Paolo but I really don't enjoy reading your posts about Tua. Why don't you post on your thread.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets officially eliminated from contention - not really news at this point. But makes the game against the Jets offical as another trap game for the Fins

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Jets have underachieved. They have some talent. I don't think the Fins will overlook them though. The Fins are coming off a loss after a win streak.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one against the Broncos. Oline and defense seemed way off. Tua didn’t have a great game but I think this is the first time the lack of a true secondary wr option was felt. Need someone to step up opposite of Parker until williams comes back, if he does.

on to the jets. Gotta go in to NY and take care of business.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if tua cant beat the jets they should sit him back down.....that being said he may not need much more than the 58 yards passing he had today to do it.

I am expecting a bounce back game from him. I am sure that he will surpass 58 yards passing.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one against the Broncos. Oline and defense seemed way off. Tua didn’t have a great game but I think this is the first time the lack of a true secondary wr option was felt. Need someone to step up opposite of Parker until williams comes back, if he does.

on to the jets. Gotta go in to NY and take care of business.

The Fins are a different team when Williams is on the field. Calloway had a nice catch for a first down but not a lot more. Last week Grant was making plays but Tua didn't have much time with the pass rush he was dealing with. I think that impacted Grant's production. Parker and Gesicki were still able to make some plays though. Perry is a work in progress but once he gets more involved he could make an impact as a slot WR. He's good at making guys miss.

This game reaffirmed to me that the Fins need a top WR from the next draft. That said there are still 6 weeks for one or more of these guys to develop and make more of an impact.

The Oline didn't produce the running lanes that I was expecting.

The defense got gashed by the running game at times.The Broncos have two very talented RBs who have been underutilized. Speaking of RB that's another position the Fins could upgrade. Etienne gets a lot of hype and he deserves it, however, the Fins need a big bruiser. Harris from Bama could be a good choice.

The Broncos offense just played better. This game is a learning experience. The Fins are a young team that should keep getting better.
Tua had his worst game, yet I expected that it could be a struggle for him. The Broncos had the 11th best pass defense in the NFL going into the game. Locke is playing for his career.

When Fitz came in the team was making plays and he forced the ball twice and one of them resulted in an INT. Tua has his struggles but he will have less INTs which gives the team more of a chance. Pulling Tua was the right move though because he didn't seem to have an answer for the pressure. At one point he looked like he could have gotten hurt. As long as he's healthy I think he will play better next game.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins need to find ways to get receivers open on quick routes. The oline needs to give Tua more time. The Fins need to generate more of a run game.

When Fitz came in against the Broncos he was making plays because he had to take chances with his passes. Thats not the position the Fins want to put Tua or Fitz in.

The Jets game is a good opportunity for the Fins to show that they can adapt. The Fins can expect a similar defensive gameplan from teams until the Fins overcome it.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT Wilkins will play. This is good news for the Fins and their run defense.

Tua is listed as questionable with a thumb injury. Fitz is a capable QB if Tua needs time to recover.

The Fins need to remind everyone that they are a talented and well coached team on the rise.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua now listed as doubtful -- looks like it happened in practice. It does not seem to have come from getting banged up during the game - although it could be a reaggrevation? -- and Fitzpatrick almost assuredly will start tomorrow -- the Dolphins will have a great chance to bounce back and get back to their winning ways. Maybe this is the game that will lead the Jets to firing Gase? -- would be great if the great FitzMagic -- a former Jet, is the one to seal the deal.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua jammed his thumb on a helmet in practice. Its his throwing hand. There is no way he should play Sunday.

I am expecting a good game from Fitz. If the Fins as a team play up to their potential they will get the W.

The Jets don't usually fire HC during the season. Besides another coach might inspire the team and cost them Lawrence.

BrownEyedGirl

Let's Go Islanders!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the Dolphins are playing well I think this will be the Jets first win of the season on Sunday.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua jammed his thumb on a helmet in practice. Its his throwing hand. There is no way he should play Sunday.

I am expecting a good game from Fitz. If the Fins as a team play up to their potential they will get the W.

The Jets don't usually fire HC during the season. Besides another coach might inspire the team and cost them Lawrence.
I laughed my ass off at the " Besides another coach might inspire the team". That was absolutely great.

If they made a change, for the time being, it would more than likely be someone currently on the staff -- not sure how much that would really inspire the team. They seem to have lost a lot of the veterans which are the guys you mostly count on to build up inspiration, if you want to call it that, within the team.

I think Fitzpatrick has it in him to put on the type of hurting on them tomorrow that could be the final nail in the fate of the legend that is Adam Gase are ruining an organization.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase has a pattern of not getting along with veterans. Also, He is a QB whisperer that none of the QBs can hear. lol
He got his first QB job because he coached a Hall of Fame QB. I am sure that he taught him all that he knows in Denver. lol

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the Dolphins are playing well I think this will be the Jets first win of the season on Sunday.
It's not a game to be taken lightly. The Jets have had some close games recently and none of those guys want to go winless. That said, the Fins are coming off a loss so I expect their best effort.

We could see some Fitzmagic and a relentless defense from the Fins.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase has a pattern of not getting along with veterans. Also, He is a QB whisperer that none of the QBs can hear. lol
He got his first QB job because he coached a Hall of Fame QB. I am sure that he taught him all that he knows in Denver. lol
" A QB whisperer that none of the QBs can hear"

Savage.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word from Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald is that Tua has swelling/weakness on his thumb and could be out multiple weeks. The Dolphins will consider adding Jake Rudock after further evaluating the extent of Tua's injury.

FitzMagic time could get one more extended shot in Miami