• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fins Offseason Plans

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins will look like idiots if they don't use the draft picks and salary cap room to build a good Oline. I feel bad for Rosen who is trying to prove himself with this below average group (first the Cardinals now this) The team can only learn so much about him because they are not giving him enough time to make plays. They will need to overpay vets to join this roster and they should also use high draft picks on the oline.

RE Tua: He looks like a very good ( if not great future NFL QB). He has the footwork in the pocket and throwing ability to make plays. Plus he seldom turns the ball over. However, it wont take a #1 pick or tanking to get a good starter because Burrow also looks like a future star. Both of these guys are breaking records in the SEC.

The Bama vs Tigers game will showcase two very special talents.

Last edited:

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how we can pass on Chase Young. The next great NFL DE.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how we can pass on Chase Young. The next great NFL DE.
The Fins will pick a QB with their first pick.The Fin's next pick will be after Young is gone. The Fins should pick an OT to protect the QB with that pick. Tua is talented but fragile. Burrow is a tough QB but he will still need to be protected. If the Fins have a franchise QB and a solid Oline from this draft then the offense will be a lot better.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the rebuild wont happen in one year. I am thinking 2 to 3 years at best. The Fins need to prioritize. The best order is QB then protecting the QB. Do you really want the Fins to not draft an elite QB this year? Lawrence will be there next year but that would take another year of going winless or close to it. There is no guarantees the team will be that bad. They are already showing signs of improvement.

I would rather see the Fins have a QB to build upon then one player on defense. Good offenses will find a way to at least slow down one player on defense. Guess what three teams have the highest individual sack leaders: Barrett, Garrett, and Jones (TB, CLE, ARI)

If the right defensive player is there after QB and OT picks then it could make sense. That's if the Fins have beefed up the oline with FAs. Poor depth on the oline has been a problem for the team for a long time. Also a good oline helps the running game.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow is playing great. He makes good decisions and shows excellent mobility in the pocket.

Tua has made some nice throws but it's not his best game. He is playing hurt against a very good defense.

So far Burrow is having the better day.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow is playing great. He makes good decisions and shows excellent mobility in the pocket.

Tua has made some nice throws but it's not his best game. He is playing hurt against a very good defense.

So far Burrow is having the better day.
Burrow is looking very good buy you are right Tua is either rusty or still banged up or both. Either way they both look like great prospects.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either one of these guys could be just what the Fins need as the QB for the future.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! What a game!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to start paying attention to some other QBs. Herbert, Fromm, and Hurts. If the Fins keep winning they may decide to get an OT with their first pick. Brady for example wasn't a first round pick.

Lamar Jackson has been the best from his draft and he was picked #32. The coaching and system has helped him to succeed with the Ravens.

I think playing in income tax free, sunny S. Florida is an easier sell for FAs if they think the team is on the rise. If Flores can win with this roster what's going to happen when the team adds a lot more talent? The team will have good depth with some of these guys that are starting now. The team has 110 million in cap space in addition to all those draft picks.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to start paying attention to some other QBs. Herbert, Fromm, and Hurts. If the Fins keep winning they may decide to get an OT with their first pick. Brady for example wasn't a first round pick.

Lamar Jackson has been the best from his draft and he was picked #32. The coaching and system has helped him to succeed with the Ravens.

I think playing in income tax free, sunny S. Florida is an easier sell for FAs if they think the team is on the rise. If Flores can win with this roster what's going to happen when the team adds a lot more talent? The team will have good depth with some of these guys that are starting now. The team has 110 million in cap space in addition to all those draft picks.
When you win it means that your overall depth is better but yes may not get that top QB. Although a lot of bottom feeders don't need QBs.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you win it means that your overall depth is better but yes may not get that top QB. Although a lot of bottom feeders don't need QBs.

I am thinking the Bengals will pick first and get a QB. I agree the others ahead of the Fins have picked QBs high recently; Jets, Redskins & Giants and may not choose another QB.
The Fins have enough draft capital to get one of the top two if they really want the player, however, that would mean less picks to build the roster and they may not need to trade up.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking the Bengals will pick first and get a QB. I agree the others ahead of the Fins have picked QBs high recently; Jets, Redskins & Giants and may not choose another QB.
The Fins have enough draft capital to get one of the top two if they really want the player, however, that would mean less picks to build the roster and they may not need to trade up.
If they don't finish at least second last it's possible someone may trade up. I'd prefer if they don't have to as you are right the more picks the better upgrade as many holes as possible.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are plenty of QB's in this class not named Tua or Burrows. Yes those are the big names but I would bet one of those two flame out and 1 of the others have good/great career. Can the Miami higher ups that decide what to do/who to pick figure that out? That is a 50/50 in my mind.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of QB's in this class not named Tua or Burrows. Yes those are the big names but I would bet one of those two flame out and 1 of the others have good/great career. Can the Miami higher ups that decide what to do/who to pick figure that out? That is a 50/50 in my mind.

I think Tua and Burrow will both be good. They have the talent and playmaking ability to win. I have no concerns about Burrow. With good protection and the right system he would also win in the NFL.Tua though is already having injury problems. At Bama Saban plays guys when they are hurt and makes it worse. If he can get and stay healthy Tua should also have a good career.

RE the other QBs: I agree there will likely be at least one of them that will have a good career at the next level.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of other QBs: The Fins have Rosen on the roster. They have been working on his timing. He may get a chance to prove himself again later in the year. If he could show himself to be a franchise QB that could drastically change the team's draft approach for this offseason. If he plays well and they still decide to go in a different direction he would bring a better draft pick. At some point they should play Rosen again when they feel he is ready.