• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Fins Draft Choices - RB

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for explanation purposes - The way I do this is I study all the different high-profile draft experts and mocks and rankings - And watch as many as these guys as I can in bowl games if I havent had a chance to watch them during the season - And I base my thoughts on all that.

After looking through the RB position I agree with most of what is out there at the RB position - no one guy stands out as a sure-thing first rounder - but some guys can of course improve their stock in their bowl games, combine, etc.

1. Ka’Reem Darey, Arizona 5’10 207 LBS - projected second round. This is a guy that can surely improve on his stock in a bowl game,etc. Arizona runs one of those fast-pace spreads that can sometimes ballon your stats and sometimes players dont get the credit they deserve because of it.

2- Tre Mason, Auburn 5’9 209 LBS - Similar situation with Darey in that he is an a stat-stuffing-friendly offense. He is another projected secounder rounder that will have the biggest stage of them all( National Championship Game) to showcase his skills and improve his stock. I expect him to do just that in sneak into the late first round at best.
3 - Carlos Hyde, OSU 6’0 235 LBs - Hyde is a big boy but has a great deal of speed and game-breaking ability. Wouldnt mind the Dolphins getting this guy. He is the big speedster that could help us. Daniel Thomas is just big, he can break big runs but so much needs to happen first - Hyde can make those things happen.

Those are my top 3 - Here are some honorable mentions Jeremy Hill LSU, Andre Williams BC, James Wilder Jr, FSU

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Miami is keen on keeping Ryan Tannehill then they need a running back like Maurice Jones Drew to help improve him

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop Sankey is pretty good from the handfull of games I have gotten to see of him.

Watching this LSU game - I like what I see from Jeremy Hill - really thought he was purely a power-back but he is clearly bit more than that. He has some spped to break big runs and can run on the oustide as well. Havent seen him involved in the passing game just yet.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop Sankey is pretty good from the handfull of games I have gotten to see of him.

Watching this LSU game - I like what I see from Jeremy Hill - really thought he was purely a power-back but he is clearly bit more than that. He has some spped to break big runs and can run on the oustide as well. Havent seen him involved in the passing game just yet.

J Hill is the real deal. He's fast for a 235lb pound back. He almost always makes positive plays & he'll make the long runs also. Iowa was playing for the run & he still had over 200 yrds & two TD's today. (LSU's Oline deserves credit also) J Hill can catch the ball but what the Fins really need is a power runner at tailback with big play ability & that is what Hill would bring to the team. J Hill could start right away for the Fins next year & it wouldn't take their first pick to get him. The first pick needs to be the best avail OG, in my opinion. RE the Fins' need for a pass catching RB. I think Miller should be developed as a pass catching RB. He's got great speed for a RB but he needs a big strong RB to share carries & compliment his running style. (With all due respect to Thomas, he's a tough runner that's played through multiple injuries but Hill would be more productive for the Fins)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sankey is comparable to kadeem Carey at a lower pick IMHO, he has good vision, pounds inside, cuts outside, and a good pass catcher,

nice 3 down back

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is early in the Orange Bowl Game - But I have seen all I need to see - Fins need to find a way to get Carlos Hyde.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter what RB they have until they improve the O Line, that should be #1 priority in FA and draft.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the first chance we get to improve our team will be FA before the draft - I think OL should and can be something we address in FA so we can address the rest at the draft.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeremy Hill plans to return to school but no final decision yet - If he does, Fins next best choice at the position, IMO, would be Carlos Hyde

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeremy Hill changed his mind. He will enter the draft. He could resemble Blount of the Pats. I think the Fins could find a spot for a player like him at RB. He'd start day 1 for the Fins. How often have we seen that with the Fins' drafting? I'd spend a second round pick on him after picking the best avail OG with the first pick. Cyril Richardson could be a good choice at #19. It seems early for a OG but this team needs it for the running game & to protect Tannehill. (R Clady is good enough at RT IMO, McKinney at LT could be good for another year also. He blocked C. Jones fairly well when they played the Pats in both games, especially the first game)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any good T or G in FA? They may find something there as well....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any good T or G in FA? They may find something there as well....

Wade Smith is solid at OG but will probably get resigned.
At left tackle B Albert, E Monroe, J Veldheer.

Oher is a good RT.

The right LT at the right price could make sense for the Fins.

The Fins need to start finding and developing more talent also from the draft.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I am wrong but even with the change date of the draft, FA will still come before the draft? If so, the Fins should try and address OL there first, if they do - then they can afford to try and find another position in the first round and then find an OL later in the draft and still get a quality player.

They need an OC and GM soon before FA and al these other transaction periods start. I follow a lot of our players agents on twitter to simply see what they say when they are trying to get deals done - lets just say they arent currently or were fans of Ireland and some of the guys in the Fins FO who were involved in the process of making deals with players - lets hope the Fins pick a guy that can get along with agents.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeremy Hill plans to return to school but no final decision yet - If he does, Fins next best choice at the position, IMO, would be Carlos Hyde

Hyde is 2-3 rounder, Fins have more needs at 2nd round, maybe at third round?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde is 2-3 rounder, Fins have more needs at 2nd round, maybe at third round?

Running back is not a position to cut corners with. Look how much the running game has helped the top playoff teams. The only way that it makes sense to not get a solid RB in the second round is if the team gets a great Olineman with the second pick (in addition to the first pick). The team needs a back with the power to convert on short yardage plays & keep drives going. Todays NFL has shifted too much towards passing as a league but the best teams can run the ball & that helps a lot in inclement weather. Top RB's were picked very early 5 to 10 yrs ago. I think RB's can be undervalued in todays NFL. (FB's also)