• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FINAL AP TOP 25

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 game schedule.

You really only played 1 good team all year and that was in your bowl game, and said team played poorly and without emotion. The only reason teams like Memphis and USF were ranked at all is because they didn't play anyone. Do either of those teams have top25 win? They didn't even play each other.

What makes you so sure that the middle and shitty teams in the American are so much worse than those in the SEC?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not judged enough.
Do you realize how many threads have created crying about Mercer it how often it is brought up? They are judged plenty.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis has a top 25 win. Record book shows we are 4-0 against the top 25 and played #22 USF and #21 Memphis while Bama was playing FCS Mercer and sitting at home watching the SEC title game.

Man, you are crying worse than Big Ben's bathroom date.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you realize how many threads have created crying about Mercer it how often it is brought up? They are judged plenty.

On sports forums hardly does anything to Bama as a team. I'm talking by the media. Judge by a bunch of dudes in their living rooms on a computer is hardly doing anything.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you are crying worse than Big Ben's bathroom date.

Not crying. Just comparing. I have nothing to cry about. UCF went undefeated 2 years after going winless. Hardly anything to cry about.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you so sure that the middle and shitty teams in the American are so much worse than those in the SEC?

Depends on the teams individually. But as a whole - there are 5 SEC teams ranked ahead of all but 1 AAC team, and UCF can't play itself.

4 of those team came from the SEC west.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Dakota State deserves some love. #26 at last.

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the teams individually. But as a whole - there are 5 SEC teams ranked ahead of all but 1 AAC team, and UCF can't play itself.

4 of those team came from the SEC west.
I agree, the top is clearly better. And despite Bama's schedule this year - it's still light years ahead of UCF's. But, considering the overall SEC vs American/Big East all time bowl records -- I don't think it's fair to consider that conference's competitive history as being weak.

Bottom line, it's a broken system. It's an impossibility for the majority of the FBS to make the playoffs and that's fucking stupid.

Congrats on the championship! And congrats to UCF for doing everything they could possibly do this year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On sports forums hardly does anything to Bama as a team. I'm talking by the media. Judge by a bunch of dudes in their living rooms on a computer is hardly doing anything.
80% of college plays an FCS opponent so why should they be punished and no one else. Hell you were slated to play Maine. I don’t give a flying fuck when the game is played.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
80% of college plays an FCS opponent so why should they be punished and no one else. Hell you were slated to play Maine. I don’t give a flying fuck when the game is played.

We were also 6-6 last year. We were NOT slated to be this good. We didn't play for a National Title last year. If you're a National Champion team, you should not be scheduled to play FCS teams. Sorry. If you wanna judge a non-power 5 team on their entire conference schedule being weak because the conference is weak, then Bama gets judged for being the 2nd best team in the country and scheduling an FCS team on their schedule.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ACC and the SEC each played 13 games against FCS teams, the Big 10, 3 games.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the top is clearly better. And despite Bama's schedule this year - it's still light years ahead of UCF's. But, considering the overall SEC vs American/Big East all time bowl records -- I don't think it's fair to consider that conferences competitive history as being weak.

This is just a terrible argument all the way around. I'm not even sure how to address it. I thought at first you were at least talking about this season's bowl records or something, but you aren't.

Bottom line, it's a broken system. It's an impossibility for the majority of the FBS to make the playoffs and that's fucking stupid.

Congrats on the championship! And congrats to UCF for doing everything they could possibly do this year.

System is working as intended and isn't broken. It's not impossible for the majority of the FBS to make it - they just need to play tougher schedules. They CHOOSE to play at this level, they know the requirements and there is no reason to lower those requirements to accomodate them. If they play good P5 teams in their OOC and win, they will make the playoffs.

But yet for some odd reason whenever those teams play those types of schedules.....they don't go undefeated.

And a G5 team will make the playoffs. Boise St would have made it in the past.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC and the SEC each played 13 games against FCS teams, the Big 10, 3 games.
And how many did the PAC and Big12 play? Outside of the Big10 most teams play an FCS at one time or another.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were also 6-6 last year. We were NOT slated to be this good. We didn't play for a National Title last year. If you're a National Champion team, you should not be scheduled to play FCS teams. Sorry. If you wanna judge a non-power 5 team on their entire conference schedule being weak because the conference is weak, then Bama gets judged for being the 2nd best team in the country and scheduling an FCS team on their schedule.
So Alabama should be judged on one game rather than their whole schedule?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis has a top 25 win. Record book shows we are 4-0 against the top 25 and played #22 USF and #21 Memphis while Bama was playing FCS Mercer and sitting at home watching the SEC title game.

I'm unable to locate a top25 win for Memphis, what am I missing?

You played Austin Peay but you pretend like you didn't.

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just a terrible argument all the way around. I'm not even sure how to address it. I thought at first you were at least talking about this season's bowl records or something, but you aren't.

System is working as intended and isn't broken. It's not impossible for the majority of the FBS to make it - they just need to play tougher schedules. They CHOOSE to play at this level, they know the requirements and there is no reason to lower those requirements to accomodate them. If they play good P5 teams in their OOC and win, they will make the playoffs.

But yet for some odd reason whenever those teams play those types of schedules.....they don't go undefeated.

And a G5 team will make the playoffs. Boise St would have made it in the past.
This is your most bullshit response ever. And that is really saying something. You must still be high or drunk from your celebrations. It's really rather simple. You were degrading UCF's schedule by assuming their conference victories were shit. I was simply saying that through history, the American/Big East has shown that it has no problem competing with the mid/low end of the SEC - which you are using to prop up Bama's schedule.

And it is impossible. If a team from the American can't get into the top 4 - what makes you think any other team from any other division below it could possibly ever get in? Say UCF beat a top ten team OOC. The conference bulk of the schedule would still be what keeps them out.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Alabama should be judged on one game rather than their whole schedule?

Let me lay it all out for you. They played Colorado State, barely beat Mississippi State, didn't win their conference title, played Mercer and when they finally played a team of any merit, they got their asses kicked. That's their schedule with some weak ass conference wins sprinkled in there.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm unable to locate a top25 win for Memphis, what am I missing?

You played Austin Peay but you pretend like you didn't.

Not pretending. We played Austin Peay. You guys played Mercer. A national champion playing an FCS team over a 6-6 team playing an FCS team. Not the same thing.