• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FINAL AP TOP 25

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I bitching about it? No. I'm actually surprised we were #6. I thought we'd be #8 or #9.

I'm not surprised @ all the UCF finished where they did. That was a great W for the program in the Peach Bowl over Auburn.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised @ all the UCF finished where they did. That was a great W for the program in the Peach Bowl over Auburn.

I just figured the committee wouldn't give UCF any credit like they've done all year. In my opinion, UCF is a top 5 team but I didn't think the committee would think the same.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just figured the committee wouldn't give UCF any credit like they've done all year. In my opinion, UCF is a top 5 team but I didn't think the committee would think the same.

The committee didn't put this ranking together. The committee will likely have UCF 7th or 8th

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no doubt it was a special year for them but due to the conference they play in I can't say they are better than any of the teams ranked ahead of them.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt it was a special year for them but due to the conference they play in I can't say they are better than any of the teams ranked ahead of them.

And that's always the final nail in the coffin for these non-power 5 teams. That's why we will NEVER have a national champion a playoff team that is a non-power 5 team. I think that's bullshit. I think UCF could hold it's own against Clemson and Ohio State. Bama, Georgia and OU are another story though lol.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's always the final nail in the coffin for these non-power 5 teams. That's why we will NEVER have a national champion a playoff team that is a non-power 5 team. I think that's bullshit. I think UCF could hold it's own against Clemson and Ohio State. Bama, Georgia and OU are another story though lol.

What strain of weed are you smokin' right now? If it's an indica will you share?:D

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What strain of weed are you smokin' right now? If it's an indica will you share?:D
If Syracuse can beat Clemson, so can UCF. If Iowa can beat Ohio State by 30+, UCF can hold it's own against OSU.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, the nail in your coffin is that Maryland was the only P5 team you played.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the nail in your coffin is that Maryland was the only P5 team you played.

So forget the wins against ranked teams we have right? Forget that we have the same number of ranked wins as Oklahoma, Ohio State, Alabama and the entire SEC East. Or the fact that we have more ranked wins than any team in the Pac-12. But no, because Maryland was the only P5 team we played, we are screwed. The best team Bama played OOC was Fresno State. Not exactly the best OOC schedule for Bama. Not to mention...Mercer in fucking November.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So forget the wins against ranked teams we have right? Forget that we have the same number of ranked wins as Oklahoma, Ohio State, Alabama and the entire SEC East. Or the fact that we have more ranked wins than any team in the Pac-12. But no, because Maryland was the only P5 team we played, we are screwed. The best team Bama played OOC was Fresno State. Not exactly the best OOC schedule for Bama. Not to mention...Mercer in fucking November.

No, you don't have the same amount of ranked team wins, and the ranked team wins you do have are not that impressive.

You guys went and counted Auburn before any of the playoff games were played and pretended like it was the biggest deal in the world. Alabama has now played and beat 2 more top5 teams since that time making all those silly little arguments that were made NULL and VOID.

Alabama beat:

UCF beat:

If you think that is equal, then you are rather dumb. Saying "ranked teams" is just a way of trying to make all top25 teams equal, which is obvious bullshit.

And yes, because Maryland is the only P5 team you played you are screwed. Because step 1 of winning a national championship is you have to make the fucking playoffs and actually win the game on the field. You didn't make the playoffs because you didn't have any quality P5 wins. Then you beat Auburn in a game they don't even play well in, and you pretend like you've done something.

But it's too little too late. You missed the deadline to get a quality win and that is UCF's fault. It's not Alabama's fault, it's not the committee's fault, it's UCF's fault. If you want to play for national championships, then you need to schedule accordingly. Instead you scheduled a "I hope we make a bowl game" type schedule and when you realize you want to play for more - it's too late.

Of course you want to pretend the FSU win was not a big deal. But reasonable people know the FSU Alabama played was better than the one that finished the season due to losing their starting QB. While probably not a top5 team, they were top15 at worse. But even pretending like it was the same team that finished 6-6, Alabama still has a much better resume than UCF.

And it's funny how you will mention Mercer while ignoring Austin Peay and Maine who was cancelled. That's called throwing rocks from glass houses.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you don't have the same amount of ranked team wins, and the ranked team wins you do have are not that impressive.

You guys went and counted Auburn before any of the playoff games were played and pretended like it was the biggest deal in the world. Alabama has now played and beat 2 more top5 teams since that time making all those silly little arguments that were made NULL and VOID.

Alabama beat:

UCF beat:

If you think that is equal, then you are rather dumb. Saying "ranked teams" is just a way of trying to make all top25 teams equal, which is obvious bullshit.

And yes, because Maryland is the only P5 team you played you are screwed. Because step 1 of winning a national championship is you have to make the fucking playoffs and actually win the game on the field. You didn't make the playoffs because you didn't have any quality P5 wins. Then you beat Auburn in a game they don't even play well in, and you pretend like you've done something.

But it's too little too late. You missed the deadline to get a quality win and that is UCF's fault. It's not Alabama's fault, it's not the committee's fault, it's UCF's fault. If you want to play for national championships, then you need to schedule accordingly. Instead you scheduled a "I hope we make a bowl game" type schedule and when you realize you want to play for more - it's too late.

Of course you want to pretend the FSU win was not a big deal. But reasonable people know the FSU Alabama played was better than the one that finished the season due to losing their starting QB. While probably not a top5 team, they were top15 at worse. But even pretending like it was the same team that finished 6-6, Alabama still has a much better resume than UCF.

And it's funny how you will mention Mercer while ignoring Austin Peay and Maine who was cancelled. That's called throwing rocks from glass houses.

TL;DR. Bottom line is, obviously Bama is better than UCF, but if UCF is being judged for only playing Maryland and having teams like Austin Peay and FIU, then Bama should be judged the same for playing Colorado State and Mercer.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TL;DR. Bottom line is, obviously Bama is better than UCF, but if UCF is being judged for only playing Maryland and having teams like Austin Peay and FIU, then Bama should be judged the same for playing Colorado State and Mercer.

Alabama IS judged for playing those teams.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 UCF had a great season.

#2 Season is over.

#3 Next.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not judged enough.

12 game schedule.

You really only played 1 good team all year and that was in your bowl game, and said team played poorly and without emotion. The only reason teams like Memphis and USF were ranked at all is because they didn't play anyone. Do either of those teams have top25 win? They didn't even play each other.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 game schedule.

You really only played 1 good team all year and that was in your bowl game, and said team played poorly and without emotion. The only reason teams like Memphis and USF were ranked at all is because they didn't play anyone. Do either of those teams have top25 win? They didn't even play each other.
Memphis has a top 25 win. Record book shows we are 4-0 against the top 25 and played #22 USF and #21 Memphis while Bama was playing FCS Mercer and sitting at home watching the SEC title game.