• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Field conditions

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk's fan here with a serious question. Not trying to troll.

Turf conditions have long been an issue with the Washington stadium. I remember being pissed when our best pass rusher Chris Clemons, blew out his knee because he had to use longer cleets due to how slick the field was, and they got caught in an exposed divot. It was the same game RG3 blew out his already injured knee, which was largely due to trying to come back from a previous injury too soon but it was speculated at the time that the field conditions were also a factor (you guys might have more info on this point).

So watching yesterday's game I had some flashbacks to that game when I kept seeing players lose their footing and slide onto their ass. In watching old film the field it appears that the field conditions are much better now at least from a visual perspective (not a muddy mess) but the footing problems that generally everyone seemed to have yesterday was very concerning.

Is this an ongoing issue? Or was it just specific conditions at yesterday's game? Am I overreacting? If not, then how are they allowed to continue to play on such field conditions?

Thanks for any feedback!

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk's fan here with a serious question. Not trying to troll.

Turf conditions have long been an issue with the Washington stadium. I remember being pissed when our best pass rusher Chris Clemons, blew out his knee because he had to use longer cleets due to how slick the field was, and they got caught in an exposed divot. It was the same game RG3 blew out his already injured knee, which was largely due to trying to come back from a previous injury too soon but it was speculated at the time that the field conditions were also a factor (you guys might have more info on this point).

So watching yesterday's game I had some flashbacks to that game when I kept seeing players lose their footing and slide onto their ass. In watching old film the field it appears that the field conditions are much better now at least from a visual perspective (not a muddy mess) but the footing problems that generally everyone seemed to have yesterday was very concerning.

Is this an ongoing issue? Or was it just specific conditions at yesterday's game? Am I overreacting? If not, then how are they allowed to continue to play on such field conditions?

Thanks for any feedback!
According to the new President of football operations the field is in the best shape it’s ever been in at this time of year. Yes. The field has been terrible in years past

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the new President of football operations the field is in the best shape it’s ever been in at this time of year. Yes. The field has been terrible in years past
Is it really significantly better now? I saw many players on both teams falling on their asses because of poor field conditions yesterday. I don't generally see this in other stadiums unless severe weather is a factor. So even if it is vastly improved, it still seems quite poor.

Again, not trolling. I'm really just curious on how this continues to be an issue.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really significantly better now? I saw many players on both teams falling on their asses because of poor field conditions yesterday. I don't generally see this in other stadiums unless severe weather is a factor. So even if it is vastly improved, it still seems quite poor.

Again, not trolling. I'm really just curious on how this continues to be an issue.
“Best shape its ever been” doesn’t necessarily mean good.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fed Ex field sucks . the field is the worst one in the NFL by far . and yes its improved from wet shit to dry shit

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone know why it isn't fixed? The Washington players are more at injury risk than anyone else because of the conditions so you think they'd actually address an easily solveable problem. I see Snyder owns the stadium (I wasn't aware of that). Does he somehow think it gives the team some sort of advantage? Is Bill Murray his head groundskeeper? Is he just too cheap?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone know why it isn't fixed? The Washington players are more at injury risk than anyone else because of the conditions so you think they'd actually address an easily solveable problem. I see Snyder owns the stadium (I wasn't aware of that). Does he somehow think it gives the team some sort of advantage? Is Bill Murray his head groundskeeper? Is he just too cheap?
They’ve worked on it a little since Ron got here

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't they ever fix this fucking field. Im tired of seeing the slop that each team has to play on every november on here. It's not like we have any advantage with it. Get the fuck rid of it and go to some type of turf already. Get a fucking new name already and don't stop there. Get a new field of play, get some new bad ass uniforms and begin a fucking new era.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. “The field! The field! The field!”
Gimmie a break.
The field sucks like that shitty illegal stadium in seattle sucks. Built to amplify sound. Softies in the pacific northwest need a sound amplifying stadium and actual quality sod to play their pussy brand of latte driven football. Fuck those bitches.

Kidding, of course.
The WFT field sucks, and has sucked for ten years. I remember the ridiculous chris clemons injury, and felt supremely sorry for him at the time.
The Danny isnt solving the field situation because he’s tied up in litigation for being a tremendous douchebag.

Russell Wilson is a man among men.

Best of luck the rest of the way.

That is all.