• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Femurov's top 10 Underrated Players of the SportsHoopla Mock Drafts

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should have added Paul Pierce to this list. I know this draft is different with the buckets, but he seems to slip through the cracks more often than not.

I value Pierce at the same value as James Worthy

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My underrated players off all-time (not just per our drafts) If it was per our drafts #1 would seriously be John Elway.

1. Jim Kelly
2. Tim Brown
3. Steve Largent
4. Dennis Rodman
5. Franco Harris
6. Stan Musial
7. Mark Messier
8. Pete Rose (don't feel he gets the credit he deserves for all his accomplishments)
9. Lefty Grove
10. Marvin Harrison

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My underrated players off all-time (not just per our drafts) If it was per our drafts #1 would seriously be John Elway.

1. Jim Kelly
2. Tim Brown
3. Steve Largent
4. Dennis Rodman
5. Franco Harris
6. Stan Musial
7. Mark Messier
8. Pete Rose (don't feel he gets the credit he deserves for all his accomplishments)
9. Lefty Grove
10. Marvin Harrison

Don't you have to be good to be underrated?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you have to be good to be underrated?

That's how underrated he is when he is a so great that people see him as not even being good

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how underrated he is when he is a so great that people see him as not even being good

If you look back at his numbers, he does not have a single elite season. He has a few good, and even a real good season. The "He's a winner" holds no water as he didn't win until the Broncos started cheating.

The only reason nobody pays attention to how bad they cheated is they did it with Tagliabue, so while his docking 2 3rd round picks at the time was major, it seems like nothing with Goodell taking such things to a new level.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Jim Kelly
2. Tim Brown
3. Steve Largent
4. Dennis Rodman
5. Franco Harris
6. Stan Musial
7. Mark Messier
9. Lefty Grove
10. Marvin Harrison

I respect that you made a list but I think when you post a list about this subject you are inviting an opposing view.

That said I don't understand how Rodman is underrated, he was a very good rebounder who played real good defense, the end...

I also don't see how Franco is underrated, he was a good back who played on a great team and is in the hall of fame, I've never heard anyone say he is overrated.

Stan Musial? Really?? Not underrated, he was an awesome ball player and I believe everyone agrees.

Pete Rose is overrated! He was a good singles and doubles hitter for 50 years!

I'm not sure Lefty is underrated either, he's one of the best left handed pitchers in the history of the game most will agree.

I like Marvin Harrison but in all honesty he might be a little overrated.

Jim Kelly probably is a little underrated because when you hear his name the first thing you think is 0 - 4 in the Super Bowl.

Tim Brown too is probably a little underrated, he was never a superstar but he was a very good receiver and returner for a long time.

Steve Largent I also agree with, he was much more respected before the rule changes allowed receivers to put up insane numbers.

Fuck Mark Messier!

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect that you made a list but I think when you post a list about this subject you are inviting an opposing view.

That said I don't understand how Rodman is underrated, he was a very good rebounder who played real good defense, the end...

I also don't see how Franco is underrated, he was a good back who played on a great team and is in the hall of fame, I've never heard anyone say he is overrated.

Stan Musial? Really?? Not underrated, he was an awesome ball player and I believe everyone agrees.

Pete Rose is overrated! He was a good singles and doubles hitter for 50 years!

I'm not sure Lefty is underrated either, he's one of the best left handed pitchers in the history of the game most will agree.

I like Marvin Harrison but in all honesty he might be a little overrated.

Jim Kelly probably is a little underrated because when you hear his name the first thing you think is 0 - 4 in the Super Bowl.

Tim Brown too is probably a little underrated, he was never a superstar but he was a very good receiver and returner for a long time.

Steve Largent I also agree with, he was much more respected before the rule changes allowed receivers to put up insane numbers.

Fuck Mark Messier!

First we all are entitled to our opinions and this is just my view.

Now when someone says underrated I don't feel that means the player is bad but he is viewed lesser then his actual talents. Stan Musial is a amazing amazing player however I don't feel he is viewed as a amazing player but just a good to great. Meaning if in ranking terms he was ranked by God as the #3 best player of all time I feel Musial is viewed lesser then that. Once again underated from what his actual rank should be.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First we all are entitled to our opinions and this is just my view.

Now when someone says underrated I don't feel that means the player is bad but he is viewed lesser then his actual talents. Stan Musial is a amazing amazing player however I don't feel he is viewed as a amazing player but just a good to great. Meaning if in ranking terms he was ranked by God as the #3 best player of all time I feel Musial is viewed lesser then that. Once again underated from what his actual rank should be.

I wasn't disputing we all have our own opinion just sharing my views on the players you listed and Stan Musial is not the third best player of all time but he is in the upper tier with Ruth, Gehrig, Mays, Mantle, Williams, Bonds, Aaron, Cobb and a few others...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't disputing we all have our own opinion just sharing my views on the players you listed and Stan Musial is not the third best player of all time but he is in the upper tier with Ruth, Gehrig, Mays, Mantle, Williams, Bonds, Aaron, Cobb and a few others...

I was just giving you a wild example and said per God's rankings so how dare you go against him unless you Robotdevil :dhd:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just giving you a wild example and said per God's rankings so how dare you go against him unless you Robotdevil :dhd:

God is probably an Angels fan so his favorite player is probably the same as mine, Rod Carew!

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Jim Kelly
2. Tim Brown
3. Steve Largent
4. Dennis Rodman
5. Franco Harris
6. Stan Musial
7. Mark Messier
9. Lefty Grove
10. Marvin Harrison

I feel Rodman and Harrison gets the respect, at least in our drafts. I agree with the list though, pretty good.

Largent doesn't get much love. I think he is a top 5-6 WR

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No receiver under 6'4" gets love in these drafts because Milk hates short WRs and bad mouths them every chance he gets... :comeatmebro:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No receiver under 6'4" gets love in these drafts because Milk hates short WRs and bad mouths them every chance he gets... :comeatmebro:

I feel if Milk bad mouths the player then that the ultimate compliment for the player. If he says heck of player then we just think damn I made a crappy pick.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel if Milk bad mouths the player then that the ultimate compliment for the player. If he says heck of player then we just think damn I made a crappy pick.

Since Milk and I tend to have the exact opposite views on players and teams and generally everything else - I agree with this statement.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, that leaves a very short list of WRs....

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Jim Kelly
2. Tim Brown
3. Steve Largent
4. Dennis Rodman
5. Franco Harris
6. Stan Musial
7. Mark Messier
9. Lefty Grove
10. Marvin Harrison

I am so glad you put Largent on this list, as he seems to be the forgotten guy in these drafts. Only 1 other player has had Rec, Yards and TDs records at one time in recent years other than Largent (Rice) and he did it with Zorn and Kreig while playing on an insanely run first offense (Ground Chuck). Great player, you can usually get him in the last half of the draft - if not in the last round or two (and heaven forbid if he's your #1).

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could also play Largent at safety in a pinch ;)

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so glad you put Largent on this list, as he seems to be the forgotten guy in these drafts. Only 1 other player has had Rec, Yards and TDs records at one time in recent years other than Largent (Rice) and he did it with Zorn and Kreig while playing on an insanely run first offense (Ground Chuck). Great player, you can usually get him in the last half of the draft - if not in the last round or two (and heaven forbid if he's your #1).

Can't believe I forgot Sean Taylor on the list :pound:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have Musial somewhere between #8 and #12 all time and I think a lot people do as well. Oddly the real Cardinals player that I find getting somewhat underrated is Pujols and maybe thats just a timing thing and he'll start getting love again when he retires.

Paul Pierce is really underrated. He is a Scottie Pippen kind of player that needs a supporting cast but thats almost everyone in the NBA.

I have Marvin Harrison on my slightly overrated list.