• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Femurov's top 10 Underrated Players of the SportsHoopla Mock Drafts

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Magic, Kareem, Wilt or Lebron easily over Bill Russell.

Wilt absolutely dominated Bill in their all-time matchup. Bill just wasn't a good enough scorer to ever be considered GOAT or anything close to it.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=chambwi01&p2=russebi01

So Russell was listed at 6'10". Highly doubt that he was, he is probably Lebron's height. Lebron is literally much better at every facet of the game except rebounding, but Russell played center. Lebron grabs 8 rebounds a game while playing basically point forward. Russell is the greatest winner in NBA history, that's it and he did it alongside 5 to 6 HOF'rs while playing much less competition.

I don't think people realize how skinny Bill Russell was, he was literally so skinny there was only one side to him...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly we can't say for the drafts Elway is overrated because he's hardly ever picked.

Quite a few people still think that he was good, they are just slightly out numbered. If anyone on the planet believes that he accomplished anything before cheating so bad the Patriots would blush then he is overrated.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a few people still think that he was good, they are just slightly out numbered. If anyone on the planet believes that he accomplished anything before cheating so bad the Patriots would blush then he is overrated.

But I believe Femur is doing this in regards to how players are seen in our drafts, in that case he is not overrated because only like 3 people have ever drafted him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think people realize how skinny Bill Russell was, he was literally so skinny there was only one side to him...

Listed as "210". For "6'10" that is very skinny.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I believe Femur is doing this in regards to how players are seen in our drafts, in that case he is not overrated because only like 3 people have ever drafted him.

I drafted him in my first draft because I assumed other people would like it. I made fun of the pick before I voted against myself.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, Russell is better than an automatic vote against if he's on your roster.... :)

I hope he's not an automatic vote against, but if he's your first or second pick people probably view that like you left a better player on the board.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, Russell is better than an automatic vote against if he's on your roster.... :)

I view him as a positive. Great Defense and rebounding. The problem is the cost is always so high for him that he is rarely a good value.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he's not an automatic vote against, but if he's your first or second pick people probably view that like you left a better player on the board.

Never saw him play - so can't say much beyond that I had always heard he was one of the top ever, that is until I drafted him one draft and was immediately told "Uh oh, you shouldn't have done that". I didn't ddo well that draft..... :)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if you take him in a late round, great, but it also depends on the matchup. If he is facing a guy Hakeem, Robinson he would get absolutely torched and if you make the argument he was a great defensive player, which he was, he will not be very productive offensively. The difference between him and Rodman is, we saw Rodman face elite players and shut them down AND he was listed at 6'7" 220

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listed as "210". For "6'10" that is very skinny.
Heck, I'm 6'3" and 210. It's hard to imagine someone 6'10" at that weight having much muscle.

I know the player I overrate in these is Steve Smith at WR. I think he is one of the best ever at the WR spot and just never had a Montana or a Brady throwing him the ball.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, I'm 6'3" and 210. It's hard to imagine someone 6'10" at that weight having much muscle.

I know the player I overrate in these is Steve Smith at WR. I think he is one of the best ever at the WR spot and just never had a Montana or a Brady throwing him the ball.

Are you saying that Delhomme was no Montana? We have a new entry for the underated list

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilt absolutely dominated Bill in their all-time matchup. Bill just wasn't a good enough scorer to ever be considered GOAT or anything close to it.

The head to head is interesting, but it only talks about the scoring, since they didn't keep the game logs the way they do now. Wilt averaging 28.5 (Reg + PO) against Russell's Boston looks great, but against everyone else - Chamberlain averaged 34.5 points a game over the same time frame. That's 17.5% less scoring for Chamberlain (or 6.0 PPG) - which is pretty significant.

Russell, on the other hand, averaged 14.4 PPG, which is less than 5% (4.8) below his average against everyone else (15.2).

Russell did a fairly good job during his career making Wilt earn his points. So, I wouldn't say that Wilt dominated Russell just because the raw numbers show that Wilt scored 20 points per game more than Russell did. I do wish the game logs were a lot more complete than they are - but you can only see what is there.

No one should pick Russell as their #1 scoring option, but if you're going to build a team around making the other team earn their points - then he's a pretty good piece to have.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I didn't mean players drafted. I meant the guys doing the drafting :suds:

I thought about getting into the champions thread and just listing the top 10 winners - but wasted all of my free time yesterday morning comparing Chamberlain and Russell.

Enjoy your guys' drafting - until we get moved from our current house and into something more stable, I'm kind've overbooked.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about getting into the champions thread and just listing the top 10 winners - but wasted all of my free time yesterday morning comparing Chamberlain and Russell.

Enjoy your guys' drafting - until we get moved from our current house and into something more stable, I'm kind've overbooked.

So, hurry up already! New house? I thought you were fixing up the current house?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, hurry up already! New house? I thought you were fixing up the current house?

Fixing to sell. My wife has really started to hate our neighborhood. Having drug related shootings outside our bedroom, prostitution in our driveway and a prowler repeatedly trying to break into our son's bedroom window will have that affect on you. So, we're working on the house to fix issues that have come up during the inspections.

In the next month I have to replace the roof, install a sump pump and get the foundation inspected and possibly repaired, as well as pack up, find temporary living arrangements and possibly storage options. I went from having nothing but free time to not knowing when my time will free up and give me a moment. Right now I am online looking for free boxes.....

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should have added Paul Pierce to this list. I know this draft is different with the buckets, but he seems to slip through the cracks more often than not.