• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Femurov's top 10 Underrated Players of the SportsHoopla Mock Drafts

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, this is not a list of players who are underrated by the experts standards. This is strictly based on where this group tends to draft these players as opposed to where the experts (or a general consensus of experts) have them ranked. My personal rankings do come into play here, obviously, but there are guys missing from both lists just because I feel like I may have them too high or too low compared to others. Some of these guys, I admit, I am splitting hairs. Some of them are downright ludicrous.

I also want to add that I am one of the newer drafters here and may get things mixed up a bit. I may misremember something and for some reason it has been stuck in my head. I smoke a lot of pot, so things get scrambled sometimes. Also, it is tough when you factor in the different salary cap drafts, bucket drafts, certain year drafts and such, because the players' values are changed based on the total pool of players involved. But, I said I would post it and you guys said you were looking forward to it, so here it is... well, half of it, anyway. The Overrated list will follow shortly.

10. Andre Dawson - He gets some love, but I just think he should be drafted before a lot of the guys that he gets drafted after.

9. Dave Winfield - This guy was an amazing athlete, who could do it all... average, power, speed, defense.

8. Roberto Clemente - It seems like the "experts" put him on a tier with guys like Frank Robinson and Joe Dimaggio, but he seems to get drafted a few rounds after here.

7. Derrick Thomas - I think this is more me than anything, but I think the guy is right under LT as far as pass rushing LBers go. I have seen him slip into the 4th or 5th rounds here and that is just not right in my book. It may have to do with committing to a 34 by drafting him (although, he did play a little in a 43 and was just as effective.) but that doesn't stop anyone from drafting Taylor, so...

6. Paul Warfield - I know oldies as a rule tend to get bumped down, but this guy is consistently towards the bottom of the WR pool. I have swooped him up late many times, then I come to find out that he doesn't get much love in the voting. My guess is because you guys have never seen youtube clips of him.

5. Harmon Killebrew - Another guy who seems to be ranked a few tiers higher than where we usually draft him. Funny, because I never seem to get him on my team, but he is usually on my short list for a few rounds before someone else gets this steal.

4. Roger Staubach - I think he should be on that tier of guys right below the Montanas and Bradys and Mannings, but he rarely gets drafted and when he does, the teams don't seem to go far.

3. Dick Butkus - Probably because of the position he plays, but he is probably a top 10 overall guy who gets drafted in the 3rd or 4th round sometimes. That should never happen.

2. John Elway - Yeah, yeah, yeah. Blah blah QB rating, blah blah... The guy could play and in the 4th quarter, a John Elway led team is never out of the game.

1. Bill Russell - Had Jordan never played, the great NBA debate would still be Chamberlain vs Russell for who is the GOAT. I have heard you guys compare him to Dennis Rodman. This is the textbook definition of criminally underrating a player. EVERY expert puts him in the top 5 or 10 at worst.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading at #1, never heard of #2...but I agree with most after #2

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember getting Clemente once as a steal so its not too surprising to see him show up.

Bill Russell kind of illustrates why these things probably shouldnt be taken too seriously. He is a product of his time.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading at #1, never heard of #2...but I agree with most after #2
Well, considering the list went from 10 to 1, that would be a good place to stop...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with some of these
I'm just marking this post, so I can come back and read the whole thing when I have time.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes on Elway and Warfield for sure. I drafted both way back when and learned quickly not to to it anymore

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes on Elway and Warfield for sure. I drafted both way back when and learned quickly not to to it anymore

That's what sucks. You shouldn't have to change because of others (@Nosferatu) Elway was a GREAT QB and I'll vote for your team next time if you take him. That cocky Nos isn't always right just 98.9%.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I seen 1 & 2 I actually had to check and make sure this isn't the overrated list.

I absolutely agree with 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3

I used to draft Clemente all the time and he just gets no love at all. I have drafted every player not named Elway or Russell multiple times...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I am overvaluing myself but I feel like I have a lot to do with this list being posted and I honestly don't believe I underrate any of these guys from 3-10... I probably value a few of these guys more than anyone else...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I am overvaluing myself but I feel like I have a lot to do with this list being posted and I honestly don't believe I underrate any of these guys from 3-10... I probably value a few of these guys more than anyone else...
This is a list based on where these guys usually get drafted by the group as a whole. The world doesn't revolve around you, Nos...

;)

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a list based on where these guys usually get drafted by the group as a whole. The world doesn't revolve around you, Nos...

;)

Come on, it kinda does! :yes:

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just here for when the post of the most overrated draft participants is out

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Bill Russell - Had Jordan never played, the great NBA debate would still be Chamberlain vs Russell for who is the GOAT. I have heard you guys compare him to Dennis Rodman. This is the textbook definition of criminally underrating a player. EVERY expert puts him in the top 5 or 10 at worst.

I would take Magic, Kareem, Wilt or Lebron easily over Bill Russell.

Wilt absolutely dominated Bill in their all-time matchup. Bill just wasn't a good enough scorer to ever be considered GOAT or anything close to it.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=chambwi01&p2=russebi01

So Russell was listed at 6'10". Highly doubt that he was, he is probably Lebron's height. Lebron is literally much better at every facet of the game except rebounding, but Russell played center. Lebron grabs 8 rebounds a game while playing basically point forward. Russell is the greatest winner in NBA history, that's it and he did it alongside 5 to 6 HOF'rs while playing much less competition.