• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Felix Lands In...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. Long live the King.

Also, legalize PEDs (for his thyroid or whatnot)

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's best if he stays with the NL....I hope he has a good experience. I can't imagine what it will be like for him to not be the "King" or a Mariner. :noidea:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be worth it for the Braves if he can make it out of ST as a reliever. There's no way he's a starter in the NL, but that's a long long shot.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he can hit as well as a lot NL pitchers. At least his own grand slam says he can.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he can hit as well as a lot NL pitchers. At least his own grand slam says he can.

Man every time time Root got the chance they would praise him for his hitting and how he loved to hit based on that one damn hit haha

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix wasn't going to change as a Mariner player. Too much pride. He was unwilling to deviate from the program that made him a legend here. But I have a feeling that he will be more open to change with a new organization that has no memory of his 97 mph four-seamer and the 11 mph velocity separation he had with his changeup. It's true that he did try to mix in his curveball a little more often over the last couple years, but a minuscule concession.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wasn't capable of change is the key here. acting like it was some sort of choice or stubbornness on his part is incredibly stupid.

felix made his money off of his massive fb/change differential. that's it. he had some other A stuff in his prime but no A+ stuff to set it up like that fb/change differential.

he'll never get it back again barring some sort of uber specific PED or bionic implant.

i hate the m's org from top to bottom, and i'd love it if he went to ATL, and i could say something like "wow, the m's coaches and trainers were dogshit, and all felix needed was a staff that knew how to hone his skills", but i'm reasonably sure that's not what's going to happen.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wasn't capable of change is the key here. acting like it was some sort of choice or stubbornness on his part is incredibly stupid.

felix made his money off of his massive fb/change differential. that's it. he had some other A stuff in his prime but no A+ stuff to set it up like that fb/change differential.

he'll never get it back again barring some sort of uber specific PED or bionic implant.

i hate the m's org from top to bottom, and i'd love it if he went to ATL, and i could say something like "wow, the m's coaches and trainers were dogshit, and all felix needed was a staff that knew how to hone his skills", but i'm reasonably sure that's not what's going to happen.
We dont know if he can change or not because so far he has not tried. But to assume he can not is equally stupid. MLB history is littered with power pitchers who re-invented themselves with junkball pitching after they lost their fastball. Frank Tanana is a classic example but there have been others more recent.

Last edited:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man every time time Root got the chance they would praise him for his hitting and how he loved to hit based on that one damn hit haha
LOL. So true. 4 hits in 50 career at bats. .080 career batting average

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont know if he can change or not because so far he has not tried. But to assume he can not is equally stupid. MLB history is littered with power pitchers who re-invented themselves with junkball pitching after they lost their fastball. Frank Tanana is a classic example but there have been others more recent.

Right, I wouldnt completely rule it out. I'd lean no but wouldnt be surprised. The last few years became just an odd relationship between him and the organization. I mean if he purposely dogged it here because he felt he was mistreated that wouldnt surprise me either. Either way I'm curious to see what happens.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Felix, but saying he has been dogshit for years because he's stubborn, or that he didn't try to develop some junk ball pitches that could make him more effective from the pen because he's stubborn? I'm dubious for the reasons I said earlier. You can't just create A pitches out of something that's nonexistent. But it'll be interesting to follow what happens with him in ATL for sure.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect Felix for all he has done we did pay him a lot of money but in reality when he was one of the best pitcher in baseball he had the chance to bolt out of Seattle and go play for the Yankees, Red Sox, or Dodgers but he signed an extension and had to deal with all the horrible management his entire career and not once made the playoffs.

A lot of people do not realize that he has been pitching since like 18-19 when he made his debut and he is getting close to 3000 innings to ask him to change his stuff isn't easy to do. To me that's like asking a basketball player who scores a lot of points by attacking the basket then say hey you are too slow for that now you should start shooting 3 pointers.