• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FCS teams with the best chances of pulling an upset

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over an FBS team in weeks 0 and 1:

1. Incarnate Word at UT-San Antonio
2. Indiana St. at Kansas
3. Montana St. at Texas Tech

Others worth keeping an eye on:

Weber St. at San Diego St
South Dakota St. at Minnesota
James Madison at West Virginia
Northern Iowa at Iowa St.
Eastern Washington at Washington
Portland St. at Arkansas
UC-Davis at California
Nicholls St. at Kansas St.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Bucknell vs Temple wasn't mentioned. Temple is always susceptible to sleepwalking.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things about some of the Big Sky teams here:

Montana State has no ability to pass the ball. At all. In theory Tech should run them over as they have no ability to keep up.

Weber State is good for an FCS school but they got pounded into oblivion last year by Utah. And I mean pounded. Like 600 total yards vs 60. SDSU should be able to roll them.

The Portland State-Idaho game I watched last season was probably the sorriest excuse for college football I've seen in my life. I seriously think the team from Last Chance U would give either team fits. I really doubt PSU beats Arkansas.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Bucknell vs Temple wasn't mentioned. Temple is always susceptible to sleepwalking.

I considered that game, but the Bison were just 1-10 last season. I don't think they will knock off the owls. But some team I didn't list will probably pull an upset in the next two weeks.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things about some of the Big Sky teams here:

Montana State has no ability to pass the ball. At all. In theory Tech should run them over as they have no ability to keep up.

Weber State is good for an FCS school but they got pounded into oblivion last year by Utah. And I mean pounded. Like 600 total yards vs 60. SDSU should be able to roll them.

The Portland State-Idaho game I watched last season was probably the sorriest excuse for college football I've seen in my life. I seriously think the team from Last Chance U would give either team fits. I really doubt PSU beats Arkansas.

Thanks for the insight on the Big Sky teams. You are probably correct about the outcomes of Montana St./Texas Tech & Weber St./SDSU. The Portland St./Arkansas game might be worth keeping an eye on, though. The Razorbacks were outscored on the average of 35-22 last year, but one of their two wins was a 55-20 whacking of Eastern Illinois.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the insight on the Big Sky teams. You are probably correct about the outcomes of Montana St./Texas Tech & Weber St./SDSU. The Portland St./Arkansas game might be worth keeping an eye on, though. The Razorbacks were outscored on the average of 35-22 last year, but one of their two wins was a 55-20 whacking of Eastern Illinois.

Nevada beat Portland State by like 60 last year. Arkansas is going to beat the shit out of Portland State.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Arkansas loses to Portland State they're going 0-12. PSU is real bad.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is in a pinch at QB, that game could get away from them with SDSU if they’re not careful

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over an FBS team in weeks 0 and 1:

1. Incarnate Word at UT-San Antonio
2. Indiana St. at Kansas
3. Montana St. at Texas Tech

Others worth keeping an eye on:

Weber St. at San Diego St
South Dakota St. at Minnesota
James Madison at West Virginia
Northern Iowa at Iowa St.
Eastern Washington at Washington
Portland St. at Arkansas
UC-Davis at California
Nicholls St. at Kansas St.
I'll be surprised if any othese three occur.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a quick preview of UNI vs ISU about how UNI is returning their 6 leading passing targets and their 2 leading rushers, or something like that. It was insane. ISU has to adjust without Butler and Montgomery. I probably would have chosen that an upset if Iowa vs ISU was week 2.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@michaeljordan_fan
I am aware of that.. i just wanted to know if someone had them on their schedule.. their conference affiliation has nothing to do with my question..

The Mountaineers have a relatively easy non-conference schedule this year:

Aug. 31 East Tennessee St (FCS)
Sept. 7 Charlotte
Sept. 21 @ North Carolina
Nov. 9 @ South Carolina

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be surprised if any othese three occur.

They may not occur, but they seemed most likely of the teams we have to choose from in the YouSuck Pick'ems. UTSA is a really bad team, so I look for IWU to give them all they can handle.

At least UTEP should start off the season with a win this year. Houston Baptist was just 1-10 a year ago.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may not occur, but they seemed most likely of the teams we have to choose from in the YouSuck Pick'ems. UTSA is a really bad team, so I look for IWU to give them all they can handle.

At least UTEP should start off the season with a win this year. Houston Baptist was just 1-10 a year ago.
I hope you are right. We lost to Northern Arizona last year in the opener 30-10! 10 points on an FCS team. Ten, diez, X, dime, two nickels...:L,

We played a lot of guys last year due to injuries, new coach, etc. I'm hoping that pays off. But, I've had my hopes up before!