• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorites Rockies by Position

dgonaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok decided to do another all time thread for the Rockies which could have some more freedom with. Favorite Rockies by position and most hated Rockies by position. All everyone's personal feelings doesn't matter if they were full time at that position or not doesn't matter even if they were even any good or bad it is just whether your actually liked or hated the player.

My personal list:

Favorites:
Catcher: Hard one for me as no one really jumps out. Perhaps Jayhawk Owens just because it was fun listening to the guy's name being announced.
1st Base: Andres Galaragga for the first few years of the Rockies he was the player I was always thrilled to see get up to bat no matter what. He was my unquestioned favorite player on the team through early years.
2nd Base: Kazuo Matsui--guy got a second chance with the Rockies after flunking out with the Mets after being a big celebrity signing from Japan and he did good for us helping fuel our 2007 run.
3rd Base: Vinny Castilla. He was always underappreciated with the glove and he was no weakling with the bat.
SS: Tulo just no one to compare with reasonably here, he is the face of the Franchise right now for a reason.
RF: This is a hard one as I never really cared much for Larry Walker who is the big name here--going to cheap out and say Michael Cuddyer here. He isn't the player Larry Walker was, but I just find him more likable.
CF: Juan Pierre, always liked his work ethic when he was with us. Always felt he was underappreciated when he played for us and then people thought he suddenly bloomed into a star when he got traded to the Marlins and put up pretty much the same numbers.
LF: Matt Holliday just such a good all around player.
Starter: Darren Oliver, we picked him up almost literally out of the trash heep revived his career.
Reliever: Couple of guys real close here: Call it a toss up between Rex Brothers now and Dave Veres was back when. Give Dave Veres the nod slightly because Rex Brothers may turn around and burn me yet while Veres can't do anything much to change my opinion of him at this point.

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C: Yorvit Torrealba. I can't think of many to choose here either. He's had some clutch postseason hits.
1B: Todd Helton. No explanation needed
2B: Eric Young. I liked the way he played. And I usually liked his performance on the bases.
3B: Jordan Pacheco. From my hometown, played for my alma mater, is playing for my favorite sports team. He's living my dream
SS: Tulo. Simply the best. Offensively and defensively.
OF: CarGo. Such a sweet swing and a bazooka of an arm. Sometimes it looks like he could hustle a wee bit more.
OF: Dexter Fowler. I think he is a really cool dude. And he's fast, a good fielder, and has a bit of pop now. But I keep waiting for him to have an AS type season.
OF: Matt Holliday. Even though he pretty much took the money and ran, it was great while he was here. Plus I think they got a great return for him.
PH: Jason Giambi. I just wanted to say him. Seems people have a love or hate feeling about him. I enjoyed him here, looked forward to his late inning PH appearances, and was super excited the few times he came through
Starter: Ubaldo. Even though he acted like a little bi*ch in Spring Training last year, he was great for awhile.
Reliever: Belisle who has been relatively steady for a few years, and Brothers who has been fun to see get called up and play pretty well.