• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorites by position

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is starting to ramp up with the Super Bowl being over, and the senior bowl completed. So here's a few of my targets (with the SportsHoopla mock draft) by position (based on when the Hawks could look at taking them if they were so inclined). Granted, It's still early.

QB:

Anthony Gordon, Washington State - 6th Round
Bryce Perkins, Virginia - 7th Round

RB

Zach Moss, Utah - 2nd/3rd round
Michael Warren II, Cincinnati - 4th-6th round

WR

Tee Higgins, Clemson - 2nd Round
Gabriel Davis, Central Florida - 4th Round

TE

Matthew Wilkerson, Edward Waters - 7th Round

T

Trey Adams, Washington - 2nd Round
Lucas Niang, Texas Christian - 3rd Round
Kevin Throckmorton, Oregon - 4th Round

G

Solomon Kindley, Georgia - 1st Round
Ben Bredeson, Michigan - 3rd/4th Roun

C

Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin - 1st Round

DE

A.J. Espenesa, Iowa - 1st Round
Terrell Lewis, Alabama - 2nd/3rd Round
Alton Robinson, Syracuse - 4th Round

DT

Justin Madukuike, Texas A&M - 2nd Round
Raekwon Davis, Alabama - 2nd Round
Raequan Williams, Michigan State - 5th Round

LB

Kamal Martin, Minnesota - 6th/7th Round
Tipa Galeai, Utah State - 7th Round

CB

CJ Henderson, Florida - 1st Round
Trevon Diggs, Alabama - 1st Round
Damon Arnette, Ohio State - 2nd Round
Lamar Jackson, Nebraska - 3rd-5th Round

S

Grant Delpit, LSU - 1st Round
Reggie Floyd, Virginia Tech - 6th Round

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like antonio gibson as a wr/rb versatile player, too early to say where he will go but 4th round probably isnt out of the question. He can fill the role they wanted out of prosise and plays like golden tate.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad list... I wouldn't be too excited to spend another high draft pick on a RB though... Also, I don't think Gordon is going to be a very good NFL player... Not sold on him...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad list... I wouldn't be too excited to spend another high draft pick on a RB though... Also, I don't think Gordon is going to be a very good NFL player... Not sold on him...

I didn't get to see any Cougs games this year, so I haven't seen him play outside of some highlights. I read he had a very good Senior Bowl. That said, I'm seeing him as a McGough-style project that would be a cheap backup for a bit if they wanted to go that route, and as such, there'd be no reason to look at any of the higher rated QBs who will go earlier in the draft.

As for RB, not sure what to do with RB. Season ending with top 3 backs on IR hurts (pun intended). But, when healthy, Carson and Penny are a very good 1-2 punch. I personally would wait to the later rounds and possibly go with someone like Warren, if he's there, for added depth and competition, but Seattle always thinks their own ways about RBs and the draft.

For the mock, I'm thinking that the lines are my early looks. Maybe BPA if someone falls (it's happened), but the lines need a lot of attention, especially the DL. Though, there could also be some CB and S targets that could warrant a look.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson has 1 year left, penny will probably lose speed and quickness. I think drafting a RB is a priority and there are good ones in this draft.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is starting to ramp up with the Super Bowl being over, and the senior bowl completed. So here's a few of my targets (with the SportsHoopla mock draft) by position (based on when the Hawks could look at taking them if they were so inclined). Granted, It's still early.

QB:

Anthony Gordon, Washington State - 6th Round
Bryce Perkins, Virginia - 7th Round

RB

Zach Moss, Utah - 2nd/3rd round
Michael Warren II, Cincinnati - 4th-6th round

WR

Tee Higgins, Clemson - 2nd Round
Gabriel Davis, Central Florida - 4th Round

TE

Matthew Wilkerson, Edward Waters - 7th Round

T

Trey Adams, Washington - 2nd Round
Lucas Niang, Texas Christian - 3rd Round
Kevin Throckmorton, Oregon - 4th Round

G

Solomon Kindley, Georgia - 1st Round
Ben Bredeson, Michigan - 3rd/4th Roun

C

Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin - 1st Round

DE

A.J. Espenesa, Iowa - 1st Round
Terrell Lewis, Alabama - 2nd/3rd Round
Alton Robinson, Syracuse - 4th Round

DT

Justin Madukuike, Texas A&M - 2nd Round
Raekwon Davis, Alabama - 2nd Round
Raequan Williams, Michigan State - 5th Round

LB

Kamal Martin, Minnesota - 6th/7th Round
Tipa Galeai, Utah State - 7th Round

CB

CJ Henderson, Florida - 1st Round
Trevon Diggs, Alabama - 1st Round
Damon Arnette, Ohio State - 2nd Round
Lamar Jackson, Nebraska - 3rd-5th Round

S

Grant Delpit, LSU - 1st Round
Reggie Floyd, Virginia Tech - 6th Round

I'm pretty biased as a UW grad, but I really like Nick Harris (C) despite his size. I'm pretty conflicted on Trey Adams though due to his injury history.

Grant Delpit is a guy I like a lot, but I think the Seahawks should go all in on the offensive and defensive lines in the draft. Obviously this is pending free agency, but if you look at the starters and regular contributors on both lines it looks like this:

LT: Duane Brown: Going to be 35 in August. Probably only a matter of time until his performance starts dipping soon and/or he considers retirement.
LG: Mike Iupati: Free agent who is going to be 33.
C: Justin Britt: Due to his ACL injury and his relatively large cap hit, he could be a cap hit.
RG: D.J. Fluker: Likely won't be with the team in 2021.
RT: Germain Ifedi: Free agent who might price himself out of what we can afford.

If the Seahawks want to look forward, there is a possibility that none of these guys are with the team in 2021 and likely need to address that. If Iupati and Ifedi aren't retained, that's two open jobs for 2020. It's three if the Seahawks decide to cut Britt. Looking at 2021, Brown will either be retired by then or suffer a reduction in production and Fluker's contract expires after 2020.

With the defensive line:

EDGE: Jadeveon Clowney: Free agent. I really hope we give him whatever he wants to stay, but I'm on certain on that.
EDGE: Ziggy Ansah: Free agent. Given how he had zero impact when he was getting snaps, I find it unlikely the Seahawks retain him.
DT: Jarran Reed: Free agent who has indicated he wants $10m+ per year and I personally don't think he's worth that much and I'd rather him walk if that's how much he'll command.
DT: Poona Ford: We're good here.
DT: Al Woods: Free agent. Will be 33 in May, and given his PED suspension I'm unsure we retain him.
DT/Edge: Quinton Jefferson: Free agent. I feel like he's underrated and I'd like to see him retained.

If we lose Clowney and Reed, that's two starters we have to replace. If I had to speculate, I'd say that we retain Clowney and let Reed walk. Which means we'd need some more defensive linemen.

Obviously there are a lot of variables, but I think that the defensive and offensive lines will need to be addressed in the draft. I'd love to improve the secondary, but we could end up with an even more pedestrian defensive line depending on what happens in free agency.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty biased as a UW grad, but I really like Nick Harris (C) despite his size. I'm pretty conflicted on Trey Adams though due to his injury history.

Grant Delpit is a guy I like a lot, but I think the Seahawks should go all in on the offensive and defensive lines in the draft. Obviously this is pending free agency, but if you look at the starters and regular contributors on both lines it looks like this:

LT: Duane Brown: Going to be 35 in August. Probably only a matter of time until his performance starts dipping soon and/or he considers retirement.
LG: Mike Iupati: Free agent who is going to be 33.
C: Justin Britt: Due to his ACL injury and his relatively large cap hit, he could be a cap hit.
RG: D.J. Fluker: Likely won't be with the team in 2021.
RT: Germain Ifedi: Free agent who might price himself out of what we can afford.

If the Seahawks want to look forward, there is a possibility that none of these guys are with the team in 2021 and likely need to address that. If Iupati and Ifedi aren't retained, that's two open jobs for 2020. It's three if the Seahawks decide to cut Britt. Looking at 2021, Brown will either be retired by then or suffer a reduction in production and Fluker's contract expires after 2020.

With the defensive line:

EDGE: Jadeveon Clowney: Free agent. I really hope we give him whatever he wants to stay, but I'm on certain on that.
EDGE: Ziggy Ansah: Free agent. Given how he had zero impact when he was getting snaps, I find it unlikely the Seahawks retain him.
DT: Jarran Reed: Free agent who has indicated he wants $10m+ per year and I personally don't think he's worth that much and I'd rather him walk if that's how much he'll command.
DT: Poona Ford: We're good here.
DT: Al Woods: Free agent. Will be 33 in May, and given his PED suspension I'm unsure we retain him.
DT/Edge: Quinton Jefferson: Free agent. I feel like he's underrated and I'd like to see him retained.

If we lose Clowney and Reed, that's two starters we have to replace. If I had to speculate, I'd say that we retain Clowney and let Reed walk. Which means we'd need some more defensive linemen.

Obviously there are a lot of variables, but I think that the defensive and offensive lines will need to be addressed in the draft. I'd love to improve the secondary, but we could end up with an even more pedestrian defensive line depending on what happens in free agency.

The seahawks need to start hitting on their draft picks we need more out of Rasheem Green, Tre Flowers, LJ Collier, Marquise Blair, Cody Barton, Ugo Amadi, Delano Hill, and Tedric Thompson.

I know a few of these guys are still rookies so the jury is still out on them but looking at this defense it looks like these guys will be busts if we don't change something. Phil Haynes needs to step up at guard it is an absolutely waste that these 3rd-5th round picks are not panning out.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The seahawks need to start hitting on their draft picks we need more out of Rasheem Green, Tre Flowers, LJ Collier, Marquise Blair, Cody Barton, Ugo Amadi, Delano Hill, and Tedric Thompson.

I know a few of these guys are still rookies so the jury is still out on them but looking at this defense it looks like these guys will be busts if we don't change something. Phil Haynes needs to step up at guard it is an absolutely waste that these 3rd-5th round picks are not panning out.

That really has been the norm as of late and is why we are in a little bit of a talent slip. They have not drafted well enough period to supply young talent to the team like they did before. Almost like they got high on themselves and thought they could do no wrong. But if that was the case i think they would have stopped after the 2nd batch of rookies didn't pan out and well that didn't happen lmao.

Something in that war room has not been working for them for 4-5 years and needs to change. So happy DK fell into the Hawks lap that was a big time gift if he is who he looked like this past season.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. It's premature but I'm already willing to write off Collier. I could be biased because I hated the pick to begin with, but the fact that he was a healthy scratch for many games is a huge red flag. Green showed some flashes and I think Cody Barton could eventually become an above average starter. I don't know why the Seahawks continue trying to roll with Tre Flowers as a starter.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It's premature but I'm already willing to write off Collier. I could be biased because I hated the pick to begin with, but the fact that he was a healthy scratch for many games is a huge red flag. Green showed some flashes and I think Cody Barton could eventually become an above average starter. I don't know why the Seahawks continue trying to roll with Tre Flowers as a starter.

the only reason I havent written off Collier is that I remember Golden Tates first two years with us I thought he was a bust and was having problems getting on the field not to mention that weird incident at the donut store after it closed but a good portion of young players need time to figure themselves out. As far as Barton goes this is a huge opportunity to earn playing time Kendricks has a torn ACL and along with his insider trading craziness going on he needs to step up and fill that role. Green showed some signs when Ansah and Clowney were out. I think we were really spoiled by the LOB days and see what life is like with a young defense that really seems to me lacks veteran leadership. We need more than wagner and KJ doing this

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only reason I havent written off Collier is that I remember Golden Tates first two years with us I thought he was a bust and was having problems getting on the field not to mention that weird incident at the donut store after it closed but a good portion of young players need time to figure themselves out. As far as Barton goes this is a huge opportunity to earn playing time Kendricks has a torn ACL and along with his insider trading craziness going on he needs to step up and fill that role. Green showed some signs when Ansah and Clowney were out. I think we were really spoiled by the LOB days and see what life is like with a young defense that really seems to me lacks veteran leadership. We need more than wagner and KJ doing this

I think my biggest difference with Collier and Golden Tate was that I liked Golden Tate as a prospect. I hated the L.J. Collier pick personally. He didn't become a full time starter until his senior year, his senior year production was solid but not anything overly impressive and athletically nothing really stood out about him. Also a huge red flag is that Collier is going to be 25 in September. I'm more willing to be lenient with a guy like Rasheem Green because he was just 20 years old when we drafted him and still very raw. I was surprised Green didn't get more snaps, because I agree that he did show flashes in 2019 when he was on the field. I think the Seahawks messed up by giving Ansah so many snaps when he really wasn't contributing anything.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my biggest difference with Collier and Golden Tate was that I liked Golden Tate as a prospect. I hated the L.J. Collier pick personally. He didn't become a full time starter until his senior year, his senior year production was solid but not anything overly impressive and athletically nothing really stood out about him. Also a huge red flag is that Collier is going to be 25 in September. I'm more willing to be lenient with a guy like Rasheem Green because he was just 20 years old when we drafted him and still very raw. I was surprised Green didn't get more snaps, because I agree that he did show flashes in 2019 when he was on the field. I think the Seahawks messed up by giving Ansah so many snaps when he really wasn't contributing anything.

This is a good point going into 25 how much can he really grow. Green looks like a kid that seems like he has so much to grow and learn and can be a solid player for this team but LJ physically looks like he he may peak sooner than later

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who the FUCK is going to pay for that dork!? I'd be surprised if he gets a job as a starter. He's a bottom 3-5 offensive tackle (both LT/RT) in the league. The guy is HORRIBLE.

Course that naturally means some team will get him super cheap, and he'll turn into an all pro in 2 seasons... :L

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the FUCK is going to pay for that dork!? I'd be surprised if he gets a job as a starter. He's a bottom 3-5 offensive tackle (both LT/RT) in the league. The guy is HORRIBLE.

Course that naturally means some team will get him super cheap, and he'll turn into an all pro in 2 seasons... :L

Someone will. There's a lot of teams looking for Oline, and Ifedi played every snap this past season while improving every year he's played (accord to PFF). Someone will sign him, and he'll start at RT somewhere next year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good point going into 25 how much can he really grow. Green looks like a kid that seems like he has so much to grow and learn and can be a solid player for this team but LJ physically looks like he he may peak sooner than later

I hope I'm wrong on Collier, but I just see a bunch of red flags with him. He's at an age where he should be at his peak and he was inactive when we really needed him. I also just find it unlikely that he's likely to somehow make some huge jump his second season when he wasn't getting snaps when our pass rush was abysmal. I'm not the type that'll just immediately write off a player because he didn't contribute his rookie year, but man I have a really bad feeling about Collier.

At this point I have a lot more faith in Rasheem Green than I do Collier. Even then, I do think the defensive line needs to be addressed via free agency/the draft. The Seahawks would really be gambling if they went into 2020 with our current guys.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My personal opinion is that Germain Ifedi is an awful pass protector, above average run blocker and commits an egregious amount of penalties that really negates anything he does well.

All that being said, I think he can still command a pretty solid contract because of the fact that he's a former first round draft pick, has slowly improved over the years, is only 25, he has not missed a game and a team may think that they can get the penalties reduced and improve his pass blocking techniques.

Someone (hopefully not us) will give him a contract that exceeds what he's worth in the assumption that he will continue to improve/a team wants someone with experience and reliability. James Carpenter is still an NFL starter despite having a similar profile.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will. There's a lot of teams looking for Oline, and Ifedi played every snap this past season while improving every year he's played (accord to PFF). Someone will sign him, and he'll start at RT somewhere next year.

My thoughts as well. I don't think he's a very good player, but someone will give him money in the expectation he will continue to improve and the penalties will go down.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal opinion is that Germain Ifedi is an awful pass protector, above average run blocker and commits an egregious amount of penalties that really negates anything he does well.

All that being said, I think he can still command a pretty solid contract because of the fact that he's a former first round draft pick, has slowly improved over the years, is only 25, he has not missed a game and a team may think that they can get the penalties reduced and improve his pass blocking techniques.

Someone (hopefully not us) will give him a contract that exceeds what he's worth in the assumption that he will continue to improve/a team wants someone with experience and reliability. James Carpenter is still an NFL starter despite having a similar profile.

Yah I know... :sigh:

It just fucking frustrates me that if we re-sign him he'll get injured next season, continue to do fuck all, and be a liability...

And if another team signs him, he'll instantly be a top 15 right tackle in the NFL and make the pro bowl 2 seasons later...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I know... :sigh:

It just fucking frustrates me that if we re-sign him he'll get injured next season, continue to do fuck all, and be a liability...

And if another team signs him, he'll instantly be a top 15 right tackle in the NFL and make the pro bowl 2 seasons later...

I think I've been saying this for years, but I don't know why they didn't have Fant start at RT. IMO he's a better tackle than Ifedi.

I will say I'd be stunned if Ifedi suddenly became a top-15 right tackle in his career. He has had 4 years to learn and although he has improved, I don't think he's suddenly going to stop committing penalties and suddenly learn how to pass protect.

For whatever it's worth, the Seahawks aren't the Mariners. Off the top of my head I can't recall an offensive lineman that suddenly figured something out after leaving us.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I've been saying this for years, but I don't know why they didn't have Fant start at RT. IMO he's a better tackle than Ifedi.

I will say I'd be stunned if Ifedi suddenly became a top-15 right tackle in his career. He has had 4 years to learn and although he has improved, I don't think he's suddenly going to stop committing penalties and suddenly learn how to pass protect.

For whatever it's worth, the Seahawks aren't the Mariners. Off the top of my head I can't recall an offensive lineman that suddenly figured something out after leaving us.

I know... obviously being a little facetious. Carpenter and Glowinski did pretty damn well on their new teams the year after Seattle let them go, but both regressed a bit after.