• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is long but you should read it as it's pretty funny.

So I just posted this on my Main Money League Message Board. We had an owner have a brain fart last year on a trade fer draft picks. We'd been counting the first 2 rounds as actual rounds even though there aren't picks made as the first 2 rounds are keeper rounds. The owner traded her 5th rounder last year and decided at the draft that she meant the 5th round of actual picks so it should be a 7th. Could be an honest mistake but this was not her first draft pick trade (we actually made a trade together the year before and there was no issue). Anyway, I just made a trade fer picks tonight and it got so confusing that I just had to post this........................

RRC's give Doug Martin and their 16th. WNV gives Theo Riddick and his their 5th. That is the 5th round of picks which would have been the 7th round in previous years until last years shit show. Maybe next year we can assign letters and numbers to rounds to make it easier. Like the first 2 rounds (keepers) can be KR1 and KR2 and then the next round (first actual round of picking) can be NKR1, NKR2, NKR3 and so on. Shit, maybe we can use symbols and shapes to designate which round is which or whether or not it is a keeper round or not. Like a triangle with a circle next to a square can count as the first keeper round, then add a parallelagram and that can be the second round of keepers. Actually, fuck all that. Let's give the rounds actual names and they can be in alphabetical order........but wait, that won't work............well maybe if can. Like the first round can be called Allen, next round is Bill then Chad and Donald and Ellen and so on............

So like this trade would be as follows: THE RRC's give up Doug Martin and their Ricardo. WNV give up Theo Riddick and their Gina. I think this is a good idea as it will make all the rounds not only easier to understand but will give the rounds a sense of purpose..............and an identity that they sorely need.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Russell Wilson, but his last 8 NFC West games:

198/3/0, 172/0/0, 221/2/0, 142/1/0, 228/2/1, 238/2/0, 198/1/1, 198/1/0 (courtesy of fantasypros)

Might be reason enough to avoid him this weekend if you can, even tho these stats aren't taking game script into account

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is long but you should read it as it's pretty funny.

So I just posted this on my Main Money League Message Board. We had an owner have a brain fart last year on a trade fer draft picks. We'd been counting the first 2 rounds as actual rounds even though there aren't picks made as the first 2 rounds are keeper rounds. The owner traded her 5th rounder last year and decided at the draft that she meant the 5th round of actual picks so it should be a 7th. Could be an honest mistake but this was not her first draft pick trade (we actually made a trade together the year before and there was no issue). Anyway, I just made a trade fer picks tonight and it got so confusing that I just had to post this........................

RRC's give Doug Martin and their 16th. WNV gives Theo Riddick and his their 5th. That is the 5th round of picks which would have been the 7th round in previous years until last years shit show. Maybe next year we can assign letters and numbers to rounds to make it easier. Like the first 2 rounds (keepers) can be KR1 and KR2 and then the next round (first actual round of picking) can be NKR1, NKR2, NKR3 and so on. Shit, maybe we can use symbols and shapes to designate which round is which or whether or not it is a keeper round or not. Like a triangle with a circle next to a square can count as the first keeper round, then add a parallelagram and that can be the second round of keepers. Actually, fuck all that. Let's give the rounds actual names and they can be in alphabetical order........but wait, that won't work............well maybe if can. Like the first round can be called Allen, next round is Bill then Chad and Donald and Ellen and so on............

So like this trade would be as follows: THE RRC's give up Doug Martin and their Ricardo. WNV give up Theo Riddick and their Gina. I think this is a good idea as it will make all the rounds not only easier to understand but will give the rounds a sense of purpose..............and an identity that they sorely need.
Just a thought... why not just not include the keeper rounds as part of the draft? So, when you say 1st round pick, it is the 1st round of the draft? Keepers are part of your roster.

I know that wasn't the point of your post. And yes, I do always appreciate an elongated, smart ass remark.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I guess, as a James Conner owner, I should be looking to add his handcuff next week. Is that Ridley or that french dude?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thought... why not just not include the keeper rounds as part of the draft? So, when you say 1st round pick, it is the 1st round of the draft? Keepers are part of your roster.

I know that wasn't the point of your post. And yes, I do always appreciate an elongated, smart ass remark.
Well we had included them in the draft because it made it easier to keep track of the traded draft picks. Never had an issue until last year so it was voted on and changed. I voted against it though.............and now I'm not the only one confused.........haha.

EDIT: Also before last year we had the option to keep 1 or 2 players so there was a supplementary round or 2 depending...........

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we had included them in the draft because it made it easier to keep track of the traded draft picks. Never had an issue until last year so it was voted on and changed. I voted against it though.............and now I'm not the only one confused.........haha.

EDIT: Also before last year we had the option to keep 1 or 2 players so there was a supplementary round or 2 depending...........
Ahh.... I was about to ask if you had something like that going on. My main league has 2 offensive keepers and 1 IDP it is a no more, no less situation. So, it is easy to refer to the rounds the way we do. But I could see if it was something like that how you would have to differentiate.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh.... I was about to ask if you had something like that going on. My main league has 2 offensive keepers and 1 IDP it is a no more, no less situation. So, it is easy to refer to the rounds the way we do. But I could see if it was something like that how you would have to differentiate.
Yeah but now it is mandatory to keep 2. That said, bottom line is we had referred to the keeper rounds and 1 and 2 but last year this chick decided to screw somebody over............I'll go back and look to see what the trade actually was but it was so easy before................

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit now I'm really pissed off...............as the assistant commish in this league I had to do all kinds of shit before the draft so I actually forgot what the issue was. It was over a 16th round pick instead of an 18th round pick.........

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to admit the Names fer Rounds was pretty funny....................I'll trade you Hilton and my Carla fer yer Gurley and yer Richard................
It was funny.
Have you been smoking bongs with femurov?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was funny.
Have you been smoking bongs with femurov?
Well Joe, smoking bongs can be extremely hazardous to yer health as most bongs are made of glass and that could really mess a guy up...................

But no, I do not smoke weed..............makes me paranoid...........but if you have an 8-Ball of coke I'll rock it up fer ya and help ya smoke it..................

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Joe, smoking bongs can be extremely hazardous to yer health as most bongs are made of glass and that could really mess a guy up...................

But no, I do not smoke weed..............makes me paranoid...........but if you have an 8-Ball of coke I'll rock it up fer ya and help ya smoke it..................
Well... that escalated quickly.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Jones' 32.2 PPR fantasy points today were both a career high and the most by any Green Bay Packers running back since Samkon Gado scored 32.8 in 2005 Week 10.