• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Defense?

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, my fantasy football draft on Yahoo is this Friday. I'm a little undecided about the shortlist to put together for a defense.

My current top-5 list includes:
Green Bay
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
New England
NY Jets

Anyone else that should be subbed in?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say

Steelers
Eagles
Packers
Jets
Ravens/Giants

The one thing the Giants have working for them is their pass rush and their DC. Another sleeper pick could be the Texans. Now that they have Wade Philips calling their plays, bolstered up their secondary with Joseph and Brandon Harris, and added JJ Watt and Brooks Reed, i think they are headed in the right direction.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point about the Texans.

Not too sold on the Ravens d this year. I have the feeling that they've been declining, but no numbers to back it up. The Patriots seem on the rise based on how strong their starters looked the last two weeks and the possibility of a system that fits the personnel better. They also play the Dolphins and Bills twice a year. Neither of those teams have a strong passing game.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point about the Texans.

Not too sold on the Ravens d this year. I have the feeling that they've been declining, but no numbers to back it up. The Patriots seem on the rise based on how strong their starters looked the last two weeks and the possibility of a system that fits the personnel better. They also play the Dolphins and Bills twice a year. Neither of those teams have a strong passing game.

Well, the Ravens added Jimmy Smith, and i believe Sergio Kindle is healthy, so that should help them out. They also have Terrence Cody back and he looked promising until that injury. Don't count out those Ravens. Ray Lewis will find a way to keep them on top.

The Pats made some good additions, but who's going to be their pass rusher? You can have all the coverage you want, but they literally have no pass rushers on the outside. They seem to be depending on their 3 man front to get it done and i'm just not confident enough in them to give them a top 5 ranking.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Ravens added Jimmy Smith, and i believe Sergio Kindle is healthy, so that should help them out. They also have Terrence Cody back and he looked promising until that injury. Don't count out those Ravens. Ray Lewis will find a way to keep them on top.

The Pats made some good additions, but who's going to be their pass rusher? You can have all the coverage you want, but they literally have no pass rushers on the outside. They seem to be depending on their 3 man front to get it done and i'm just not confident enough in them to give them a top 5 ranking.

There's been talk of a 4-man front, which isn't the best way to disguise a pass rush, but it fits their personnel a little better. I haven't seen it yet, but there was a story on Yahoo Sports and another on (I believe) ESPN that mentioned it. I may just chalk them up a soft pick, in case a another mid-round gem.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I ended up with Green Bay and Tennessee. TN was just based on the matchups.