• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy baseball league

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone interested in joining a fantasy baseball league. We've had one that dates back to the swamp days, but a few days before the draft the league was apparently deleted. I'm not sure what happened. We're hoping to fill it (12 team max at present) before the MLB season starts on Thursday. The current draft is on Wednesday at 4:15PM PDT. There's really no room to move the draft time around as there are not many time slots left. If you're interested please join. It's a fun league.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=

ID: 198979
PW: SportsHoopla

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I don't have the time to run it anymore

if you're interested, it's a really fun league, trust me, I know.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I signed up, but am at the mercy of the puter since I can't make the draft time.....

Caps Revenge

Let's Go Caps!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are currently 7 teams...it's mandatory to have an even number of teams to have the draft and set a schedule. We need at least one more!!!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id join, but I totally fucked the football and hockey ones over big time. Plus I have no idea how this shit works, never did baseball. I do have time to follow this one, your guys call.

Caps Revenge

Let's Go Caps!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id join, but I totally fucked the football and hockey ones over big time. Plus I have no idea how this shit works, never did baseball. I do have time to follow this one, your guys call.

I say why not? We definitely need one more to make a league. Basically, just follow the link and just do what it tells you. You may have to create a yahoo id if you don't already have one. Just click on "join custom" and enter the league id and password.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Feel free, it's pretty much like any other fantasy league only you gotta make sure to check up every few days since there's hardly any days in the summer without at least one baseball game. Roster changes are made daily there's batting categories and pitching categories, some you want to have more of (runs, rbi, etc) some you want fewer of (errors, blown saves). Head to head league so you play one team per week and there's 24 stat categories. If you win 13 and lose 9, your record for the week will be 13-9-2. Your record accumulates over the season and the top 8 teams make the playoffs at the end of the year. Each head to head matchup lasts for one week. You can add/drop/trade players too.

Like I said, if you're at all interested, we'd love to have you join, but you're gonna have to get in soon, the draft starts in 45 minutes!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im in..i cant draft, but will work with the shit I am given.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, not sure what happened guys, but Yahoo passed over our draft time. I'm pretty sure we had an even number when the draft was supposed to start so I'm not sure what the hell happened. I gotta reschedule the draft, but we won't be able to start the season until week two. Nothing too horrible, but I'm pretty pissed off about it. Fucking yahoo...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft is rescheduled for Saturday at 4:00 PDT. Since we're not on a deadline here, the time can be moved around to be more accommodating. Sorry about the inconvenience. :L

Caps Revenge

Let's Go Caps!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, not sure what happened guys, but Yahoo passed over our draft time. I'm pretty sure we had an even number when the draft was supposed to start so I'm not sure what the hell happened. I gotta reschedule the draft, but we won't be able to start the season until week two. Nothing too horrible, but I'm pretty pissed off about it. Fucking yahoo...

WTF?!? I thought we had until draft time to have an even number of teams. On the other hand, there's an extra day to try to get 12 teams.

AzDuckFan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Most leagues will just calculate our totals from the players drafted to get us a total for any days or weeks missed. I will be there on Saturday.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most leagues will just calculate our totals from the players drafted to get us a total for any days or weeks missed. I will be there on Saturday.

I hope so. I'll leave the Yahoo scoring settings to start on week 1 and we'll see what happens.

Caps Revenge

Let's Go Caps!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to make sure there's an even number of teams though...so if one more person decides to join, we'll need an additional person to join. I'm assuming that there needs to be an even number of teams by 45 minutes prior to draft since that's the time limit set to adjust pre-draft ranking preferences.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to make sure there's an even number of teams though...so if one more person decides to join, we'll need an additional person to join. I'm assuming that there needs to be an even number of teams by 45 minutes prior to draft since that's the time limit set to adjust pre-draft ranking preferences.

To be safe, I've set max teams at 8 for now. If we get 2 more teams that are interested I'll increase it, otherwise, we'll just go with 8 this year. I think that'll work out better than possibly getting an odd number and having to change draft times again.

Caps Revenge

Let's Go Caps!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be safe, I've set max teams at 8 for now. If we get 2 more teams that are interested I'll increase it, otherwise, we'll just go with 8 this year. I think that'll work out better than possibly getting an odd number and having to change draft times again.

Sounds good...In the meantime, shall I assume we do want more players and try to recruit two more commitments? Or are we just gonna say screw it and go with what we have?