• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fans reject Woke football

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still enjoy football a lot but the players have gotten a shit ton weaker than the players I watched growing up. They're too fucking sensitive these days. They're turning it into pheg football and on top of that, most games are boring as hell although I will acknowledge that there have been a few entertaining contests so far this year.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's the only football I got, most high school football is postponed here & Penn State doesn't play for several weeks. Oh well.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hilarious how much people want to believe that NFL fan's aren't tuning in like they have in years past.

Here is the quote from article from this year @Guns N Guitars posted this year in the OP.

Based on initial ratings, the marquee matchup of the New England Patriots and Seattle Seahawks drew in 12.22 million viewers and a 3.5 in the demographic. This game was down 17% in viewership compared to last Sunday and 25% in the ratings demographic.

Here is a quote from an article last year at this same time:
‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Fall In Week 2 As Falcons Clip Eagles For Dramatic Win

It wasn’t just Philadelphia that fell on SNF. The primetime matchup snared a 12.2/22 in metered market results, an 18% drop in the early metrics from the New England Patriots’ blowout victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers in last week’s SNF season opener.

It is the EXACT same numbers.

You people are being lied to about NFL ratings in order to drive up internet clicks on articles. It's f'ing hilarious. And you are buying into it hook, line and sinker.

QUIT BUYING THE HYPE AND START THINKING FOR YOURSELF! Hell you dont even need to think for yourself. Just do a little fucking research before posting bullshit.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hilarious how much people want to believe that NFL fan's aren't tuning in like they have in years past.

Here is the quote from article from this year @Guns N Guitars posted this year in the OP.

Based on initial ratings, the marquee matchup of the New England Patriots and Seattle Seahawks drew in 12.22 million viewers and a 3.5 in the demographic. This game was down 17% in viewership compared to last Sunday and 25% in the ratings demographic.

‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Fall In Week 2 As Falcons Clip Eagles For Dramatic Win

It wasn’t just Philadelphia that fell on SNF. The primetime matchup snared a 12.2/22 in metered market results, an 18% drop in the early metrics from the New England Patriots’ blowout victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers in last week’s SNF season opener.

You people are being lied to about NFL ratings in order to drive up internet clicks on articles. It's f'ing hilarious. And you are buying into it hook, line and sinker.

QUIT BUYING THE HYPE AND START THINKING FOR YOURSELF! Hell you dont even need to think for yourself. Just do a little fucking research before posting bullshit.
I can understand why Vikings fans would not tune in... :D

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, 22% refuse to watch the games to “act in solidarity with the players”.

lol what a bunch of morons. You lowering the ratings and hurting what the NFL could potentially get on a TV deal is going to directly effect the cap and thus how much the players can make.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol what a bunch of morons. You lowering the ratings and hurting what the NFL could potentially get on a TV deal is going to directly effect the cap and thus how much the players can make.
Thats my angle on boycott. Ratings suffer and nfl may not get the money to bump the cap and hopefully reverse it.

Also, I buy no merch.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't noticed too much of the "wokeness". I don't watch the very beginning and the little comments on the back of the helmets aren't a huge deal. As long as they don't drop names in lieu of BLM messaging, I don't really care. They can be woke and do whatever they want off the field. But on the field I just want to watch football and that looks like what I've been seeing.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds more like someone worried about next years cap.

Who cares how much a player makes? If the cap is lowered some of these insane contracts will just get reduced to moderately insane $ for playing a game.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't noticed too much of the "wokeness". I don't watch the very beginning and the little comments on the back of the helmets aren't a huge deal. As long as they don't drop names in lieu of BLM messaging, I don't really care. They can be woke and do whatever they want off the field. But on the field I just want to watch football and that looks like what I've been seeing.
I think when they were booed on opening night in KC, the nfl has quickly changed their tune, it isn’t near as bad as I expected

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds more like someone worried about next years cap.

Who cares how much a player makes? If the cap is lowered some of these insane contracts will just get reduced to moderately insane $ for playing a game.

If people are stating they are not watching football in order "to be in solidarity with the players" then I think they care about what they make. Those are the same wackadoo leftist fans that have major issue with owners making more than players.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people are stating they are not watching football in order "to be in solidarity with the players" then I think they care about what they make. Those are the same wackadoo leftist fans that have major issue with owners making more than players.
I can't agree that supporting the players political stance has anything to do with the $ they're making?

But agree anyone complaining about any business owner making whatever, or applying their rules are likely a welfare recipient with little to no self drive.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't watch pre-game ceremonies.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not watching football because the Lions are not really doing anything worth watching.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet the SNF game being on the west coast had as much or more to do with the ratings drop as anything else. There's a lot of factors that effect ratings. I doubt any protests are that big of a factor. Maybe to a small segment but most people just tune out of it.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of it is simply due to ramifications stemming from covid. Some people probably cut cable or satellite (I did). Some people found other interests. Some people might have found work on sundays. Some people might’ve sold their tv. And then some people probably aren’t watching it for political reasons.