• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fans pick Vols as SEC's surprise team

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans pick Vols as SEC's surprise team - SEC Blog - ESPN

It's been a forgettable last few seasons for Tennessee.

The Vols have suffered through losing seasons in three of the past four years, including two straight.

But their luck is about to change, according to the fans.

With more than 11,000 votes cast in our SportsNation poll, Tennessee has emerged as the team fans expect to surprise in 2012 and challenge for a divisional title.

It was a close race between Tennessee and Florida, both of whom are hoping to overtake favorites Georgia and South Carolina in the Eastern Division race. The Vols received 32 percent of the vote and the Gators 28 percent of the vote. They square off on Sept. 15 in Knoxville. Florida has won seven in a row in the series. Tennessee's last win came in 2004 when Ron Zook was coaching the Gators and Phillip Fulmer was coaching the Vols.

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see it. As a UT fan, do you think Dooley is in trouble? Is this his last season in Knoxville? And do you want it to be?

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see it. As a UT fan, do you think Dooley is in trouble? Is this his last season in Knoxville? And do you want it to be?

I don't believe this will be his last season. Looking at the schedule, I see at least 8 winnable games (NC St, Georgia St, Akron, Mississippi St, Troy, Missouri, Vandy & Kentucky). I wanted to add Florida, but it's hard to when they've won the last 7 meetings... But I do believe for the first time in a long time, UT will be favorites over the Gators.

Basically, with this years schedule, fewer than 8 regular season wins and he very well might be gone. There's no excuses for him this year...

I can't say I want him gone, but at the same time, I can't say I'd be upset. I never really felt he was qualified for the job in the first place, tbo, and I still do believe he's in over his head here in the SEC. Oh well...only time will tell.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no, I'm not a NegaVol guise. Just giving my opinion. Dooley's a great guy, I hope he can turn this ship around and is the right coach in the long run.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been pretty surprising the last couple years too. :L

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd certainly like to see them beat UGA and UF.

And then lose to Vandy and UK so that USC has an easy road...

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-(clean).png

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UT fans are pretty cool en sech. :cool2: I enjoyed them on the quad last year. But you guys have that one equipment manager who decided to troll our student section by flaunting his BEAT BAMA shirt around BDS.

:spit:

That sounds like a pretty stupid thing to do. Especially when you know you're gonna lose, lol. I like the spirit though..

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Tyler Bray having Justin Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers, lined-up with the number #1 JUCO WR, Cordarrelle Patterson and the entire O-line returning, I think Tennessee has the pieces to have a pretty good offense. Adjusting to a new 3-4 defense under Sal, is my biggest concern. I see 8 regular season wins.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas had the over/under at I think 7 or 7.5 wins. There's one site that had us at 6.5. Pretty low payout, but it's almost worth it. We really should get 7-8 wins at the low end.

I like Dooley but as others have said, this is pretty much the no excuse year (much like for Alex Smith and my Niners). We have a decent schedule and the roster should be pretty much Dooley's guys as he's hitting his 3rd year. Wouldn't call it a hot seat, per se, but it's probably gettin' warm.