• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FAMU hit with massive NCAA sanctions

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What grounds does the NCAA have to punish schools for academic failures? Am I right UNC fans?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA sure knows how to pick on the FCS level teams. Man, the NCAA will strike fear into the FCS.

Meanwhile, at the FBS level,

NCAA and FBS teams........

miss_college_06.jpg

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they sure go hard after them double-a teams

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Everytime grandma farts we beat the dog."

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let this be a lesson to you Ga. Southern and Valparaiso!

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the angst against the NCAA here. They played 93 ineligible athletes over a period of years, and it's the third time they've had such a violation in the past 20 years so it's not like they weren't aware of what they needed to do.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the angst against the NCAA here. They played 93 ineligible athletes over a period of years, and it's the third time they've had such a violation in the past 20 years so it's not like they weren't aware of what they needed to do.
The point is that the NCAA has no problem being heavy with a program like FAMU but is nearly willfully blind if you’re a big enough program.

There’s such a thing as too big to fail in college sports.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that the NCAA has no problem being heavy with a program like FAMU but is nearly willfully blind if you’re a big enough program.

For playing 93 ineligible athletes they got a 1 year post season ban and a 5% reduction in football scholarships? It really isn't all that heavy.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They hammered USC pretty hard as I recall. Are they a small time program?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They hammered USC pretty hard as I recall. Are they a small time program?

USC dug their own grave by thumbing their nose at USC.

How about UNC? Walking back Penn St’s penalties?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would like to add in Nevin Shapiro and Miami Hurricanes.

Report: Ex-Miami booster gave illicit benefits

That guy ruined 100s of lives by stealing all the people's money and giving it to Miami and its players. He gave millions and millions to Miami, he had access to coaches, he had a suite, he even had a building named after him at one point.

As far as I know, no one clawed back ANY of the money that was given to the Univeristy of Miami. Yet, there is precedence in Ponzi Scheme clawbacks with Bernie Madoff.

Miami is built with a lot of dirty money.
---------------
Nevin Shapiro, a former Miami booster who is serving a 20-year prison sentence for masterminding a $930 million Ponzi scheme, has told Yahoo! Sports he provided impermissible benefits to 72 of the university's football players and other athletes between 2002 and 2010.

Shapiro said he gave money, cars, yacht trips, jewelry, televisions and other gifts to a list of players including Vince Wilfork, Jon Beason, Antrel Rolle, Devin Hester, Willis McGahee and the late Sean Taylor of the Washington Redskins.

Shapiro also claimed he paid for nightclub outings, sex parties, restaurant meals and in one case, an abortion for a woman impregnated by a player. One former Miami player, running back Tyrone Moss, told Yahoo! Sports he accepted $1,000 from Shapiro at about the time he was entering college.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as it seems it should be neither the UNC nor Penn State situations fell within the purview of the NCAA. UNC received discipline from their accreditation organization and Penn State was penalized civilly.

Would you have wanted the NCAA to penalize Notre Dame when they killed the student staffer by putting them on a hydraulic lift in 60mph winds?

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to add in Nevin Shapiro and Miami Hurricanes.

Report: Ex-Miami booster gave illicit benefits

That guy ruined 100s of lives by stealing all the people's money and giving it to Miami and its players. He gave millions and millions to Miami, he had access to coaches, he had a suite, he even had a building named after him at one point.

As far as I know, no one clawed back ANY of the money that was given to the Univeristy of Miami. Yet, there is precedence in Ponzi Scheme clawbacks with Bernie Madoff.

Miami is built with a lot of dirty money.
---------------
Nevin Shapiro, a former Miami booster who is serving a 20-year prison sentence for masterminding a $930 million Ponzi scheme, has told Yahoo! Sports he provided impermissible benefits to 72 of the university's football players and other athletes between 2002 and 2010.

Shapiro said he gave money, cars, yacht trips, jewelry, televisions and other gifts to a list of players including Vince Wilfork, Jon Beason, Antrel Rolle, Devin Hester, Willis McGahee and the late Sean Taylor of the Washington Redskins.

Shapiro also claimed he paid for nightclub outings, sex parties, restaurant meals and in one case, an abortion for a woman impregnated by a player. One former Miami player, running back Tyrone Moss, told Yahoo! Sports he accepted $1,000 from Shapiro at about the time he was entering college.

The NCAA themselves screwed that one up by engaging in unethical practices during the investigation. Miami was going to get hammered before the NCAA stepped on their own dick with golf shoes on and had no choice but to let Miami off.

More NCAA slip-ups in Miami investigation come out

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as it seems it should be neither the UNC nor Penn State situations fell within the purview of the NCAA. UNC received discipline from their accreditation organization and Penn State was penalized civilly.

Would you have wanted the NCAA to penalize Notre Dame when they killed the student staffer by putting them on a hydraulic lift in 60mph winds?
Both of those were a hell of a lot closer to the NCAA’s purview than Declan Sullivan

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure about blaming Notre Dame. I know last year, for the sake of community goodwill, many FSU
Boosters asked Taggert to give wind speed to the National Weather Bureau from atop the Press Box at
Doak Campbell, during the last Hurricane.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FAMU needs to clean house, from the AD to all the coaching staff, start fresh.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, the wrong orange-wearing team got nailed.