• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcon Northwest Tiki Desktop PC

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just received a new Falcon Northwest Tiki desktop to replace my antique 2004 Dell Dimension XPS running windows XP on a Pentium 4 that recently failed. Obviously, I was long overdue for a new PC and wanted something fast so I could explore the latest technologies like VR.

The Tiki is a compact, liquid-cooled, gaming computer that measures 14"x 13"x 4". My configuration has a 5GHz Intel i9-9900K processor, 32GB memory, an NVIDIA 8GB GeForce RTX2080 video card, a one-TB SAM970EVO SSD hard drive, and a TEAC blue-ray optical drive. I ordered a chassis with a copper custom paint job. Looks terrific and is lightning fast. Looking forward to fully checking it out.

FalcPC.jpeg

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I've heard of an i9 processor.

How much did that unit cost?
a few thousands. Before you configure the parts it's $2500 the i9 is about $400 extra. I window shop their site, but can't afford buying from them.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a few thousands. Before you configure the parts it's $2500 the i9 is about $400 extra. I window shop their site, but can't afford buying from them.
As this build stands it's at least $3,800 and probably more.

If I had the money to burn I might consider a premade custom, but there's a lot of satisfaction in building your own and making it truly unique. Particularly with a custom water loop and a lot of the options now for custom cable colors and more. For the money spent on this system you could make a really bad ass looking custom.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I had the money to burn I might consider a premade custom, but there's a lot of satisfaction in building your own and making it truly unique. Particularly with a custom water loop and a lot of the options now for custom cable colors and more. For the money spent on this system you could make a really bad ass looking custom.

True. I'm thinking that you are paying way too much for labor in their pricing structure.

Do some research on the best components, validate compatibility, buy the parts and assemble it.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very good. Mine was over $4K. The windowed chassis and custom paint was $400 approx. An old man has to go for the best, within reason. I recall an article 20 years ago that stated “Why the best PC will always cost $4,000”.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I'm thinking that you are paying way too much for labor in their pricing structure.

Do some research on the best components, validate compatibility, buy the parts and assemble it.

Very good. Mine was over $4K. The windowed chassis and custom paint was $400 approx. An old man has to go for the best, within reason. I recall an article 20 years ago that stated “Why the best PC will always cost $4,000”.
Nothing wrong at all with those that can afford it going with this type of option. It's a hell of a conversation piece, presumably has outstanding (better fucking be lol) warranty support, and importantly, has well tested components known to work together.

Building a custom isn't for everyone. Just because two items say they work together doesn't mean they are well tested. I know even installers that fail to look at a boards QVL to ensure at the very least the MB creators have tested compatibility. The cooling solution and fan choices should be right on point for the case and components used. Another thing a lot of home builders just don't do correctly.

That one listed looks pretty bad ass and auto grade paint job? Nice touch.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong at all with those that can afford it going with this type of option. It's a hell of a conversation piece, presumably has outstanding (better fucking be lol) warranty support, and importantly, has well tested components known to work together.

Building a custom isn't for everyone. Just because two items say they work together doesn't mean they are well tested. I know even installers that fail to look at a boards QVL to ensure at the very least the MB creators have tested compatibility. The cooling solution and fan choices should be right on point for the case and components used. Another thing a lot of home builders just don't do correctly.

That one listed looks pretty bad ass and auto grade paint job? Nice touch.

The paint includes an automotive clear coat which they caution takes a month to cure. Falcon gives you a three year warranty covering parts and labor, with one year overnight service. Plus lifetime product support as long as you own the system. Sounds good to me. They also provided a detailed QC checklist for my system showing manually checked off items. They emphasize quality.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one sharp looking case - nice!

I prefer the silent, understated, air cooled variety, but I can appreciate that setup. How are your Video Card temps with that style mount?

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one sharp looking case - nice!

I prefer the silent, understated, air cooled variety, but I can appreciate that setup. How are your Video Card temps with that style mount?

No idea but interesting question. Never heard of any problems with this. I may check it out of curiosity.