• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FA Thread

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB Winston Rose
DT DJ Reader
CB Trae Waynes
CB Mackensie Alexander
LB Josh Bynes
G Xavier Su'a-Filo
S Vonn Bell
WR Mike Thomas
WR AJ Green (franchised)

That is a ton of money right there. However, that is still less than a few QB's have hauled in recently. I mean hell, one Amari Cooper just cost $100 million.

I really like t hat the staff addressed the biggest weakness besides LB. I think Bynes can be a decent backer, would have liked to of see a Cory Littleton in there, but I am really impressed with the FA haul. I expect Burrow with pick #1, and then best LB available at #33. If we are smart, we give up a 6th or 7th to move up in into the 1st round again from pick #33, so we can secure a 5th year for our 2nd pick.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB Winston Rose
DT DJ Reader
CB Trae Waynes
CB Mackensie Alexander
LB Josh Bynes
G Xavier Su'a-Filo
S Vonn Bell
WR Mike Thomas
WR AJ Green (franchised)

That is a ton of money right there. However, that is still less than a few QB's have hauled in recently. I mean hell, one Amari Cooper just cost $100 million.

I really like t hat the staff addressed the biggest weakness besides LB. I think Bynes can be a decent backer, would have liked to of see a Cory Littleton in there, but I am really impressed with the FA haul. I expect Burrow with pick #1, and then best LB available at #33. If we are smart, we give up a 6th or 7th to move up in into the 1st round again from pick #33, so we can secure a 5th year for our 2nd pick.
I mentioned this in another thread, but it ties in to this: In the past 5 years the Bengals have spent just under $50M a year on Free Agents from other teams. This year alone they have spent $127M.

I love the two CB's from Minn, the DT, and the S. I think those are all very good signings.

Still need help at LB and OL.

I'd like to move up if a player that fills a need is there, but you're not trading a 6th/7th rounder to get back into the 1st round. Likely going to take at least a 3rd, and I wouldn't really be keen on that unless it is a major player at a major need. This team still lacks depth and trading away young, controllable, players to fill that depth is going to be needed with the spending they have been doing.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned this in another thread, but it ties in to this: In the past 5 years the Bengals have spent just under $50M a year on Free Agents from other teams. This year alone they have spent $127M.

I love the two CB's from Minn, the DT, and the S. I think those are all very good signings.

Still need help at LB and OL.

I'd like to move up if a player that fills a need is there, but you're not trading a 6th/7th rounder to get back into the 1st round. Likely going to take at least a 3rd, and I wouldn't really be keen on that unless it is a major player at a major need. This team still lacks depth and trading away young, controllable, players to fill that depth is going to be needed with the spending they have been doing.

Even if it is from #33 to #32? We just have to move up 1 spot.

I am thinking we may have a slight chance for Patrick Queen at #33 to #32. 7th round picks rarely make the team. I think it would be more valuable to secure a 5th year for our 2nd pick, then it would be to try and make that 7th round selection that will not be on the team possibly even this year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it is from #33 to #32? We just have to move up 1 spot.

I am thinking we may have a slight chance for Patrick Queen at #33 to #32. 7th round picks rarely make the team. I think it would be more valuable to secure a 5th year for our 2nd pick, then it would be to try and make that 7th round selection that will not be on the team possibly even this year.
Maybe not for 1 spot - but trust me - if I'm a GM and you want to move up 1 spot - I'm not taking a 7th - as you said, those rarely make the team, and I'm already picking last, or near last - meaning my roster is probably set. A 6th or 7th wouldn't move the needle at all. At least, for me.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not for 1 spot - but trust me - if I'm a GM and you want to move up 1 spot - I'm not taking a 7th - as you said, those rarely make the team, and I'm already picking last, or near last - meaning my roster is probably set. A 6th or 7th wouldn't move the needle at all. At least, for me.

So in this scenario, our #33 pick is valued at 580 points. SF #31 pick is valued at 600 points. Our 6th round pick is valued at 18.4 points. SF has two first round picks right now. #13 and #31. They can afford to drop back 2 spots and pick up an extra pick, a 6th round pick, 1st in that round which can be considered also a very late 5th. Help round out their roster depth.

Just thoughts. Secures a 5th year for that 1st round pick if we choose to pick it up.