• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FA Targets

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the players I think the Bengals should go after:

Brandon Scherff, G, Redskins
DJ Reader, DT, Texans
Joe Schobert, LB, Cleveland

This would be about $27-$30 million a year for these 3 players, but this could help change our team drastically with Burrow coming in and players getting healthy.

Scherff could change the entire landscape of our offensive line with Williams being healthy this year, last years #1 pick. Reader is almost a must if we are going to try and convert over to a 3-4 type defensive scheme. Reader is a huge NT type who is 6'3" 350 pounds and is a good run stuffer. This would free up some lanes for the LB'ers to move around and make plays. Schobert is one of those LB's that if given some room to run can make a lot of plays and a lot of tackles as evidence of his play in Cleveland. These three players I think should be our priority in FA, and then we can use FA for filler after that.

If we can get anything for Dalton, that frees up $17.7 million, if we can manage to get anything for Glenn, even if we can't, this frees up another $10 million. Those two players basically pay for the FA upgrades we need while we have a young QB on a rookie contract, and plenty of cap space for filler and room to pad Mike Brown's pockets a bit more.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't sign free agents because that will ruin our chances for 6th and 7th round compensatory picks so that we can draft the next punt team gunner. You know this Crash.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't sign free agents because that will ruin our chances for 6th and 7th round compensatory picks so that we can draft the next punt team gunner. You know this Crash.

I know that is how Marvin Lewis did things based off what he was allowed to do by Mike Brown. Now, with Brown having his golden boy opportunity with Burrow and a young, progressive coach in Taylor who wants to supplement his rosters weaknesses, because he doesn't want to go through a 5 year rebuilding plan if we are going to throw $18 million at an aging AJ Green.

So yeah, i am probably delusional, I get that. Just daydreaming if I had my druthers.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that is how Marvin Lewis did things based off what he was allowed to do by Mike Brown. Now, with Brown having his golden boy opportunity with Burrow and a young, progressive coach in Taylor who wants to supplement his rosters weaknesses, because he doesn't want to go through a 5 year rebuilding plan if we are going to throw $18 million at an aging AJ Green.

So yeah, i am probably delusional, I get that. Just daydreaming if I had my druthers.

I hope you're right. I don't need too many flashy names, but I would like to see the team try to add NFL starting caliber players at linebacker and offensive line. The offensive line is getting better, but depth is badly needed. If Burrow is going to be successful early in his career, he'll need to be protected. If there was ever a good reason to overpay in free agency, this is it.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right. I don't need too many flashy names, but I would like to see the team try to add NFL starting caliber players at linebacker and offensive line. The offensive line is getting better, but depth is badly needed. If Burrow is going to be successful early in his career, he'll need to be protected. If there was ever a good reason to overpay in free agency, this is it.

Me too. What free agents would others think should be our targets and why? Say we have 30 million to spend on 3 to 4 players in FA, who would anyone else want to see come in?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, since Marvin isn't here we can't just check the FBI's most wanted list of wife beaters and drug users.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m surprised CB isn’t mentioned among areas of need. Dennard is likely leaving. Wouldn’t be surprised if Dre gets cut.

That leaves us WJ3, and a bunch of special teamers.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m surprised CB isn’t mentioned among areas of need. Dennard is likely leaving. Wouldn’t be surprised if Dre gets cut.

That leaves us WJ3, and a bunch of special teamers.

Dennard may be leaving. However, you have Kirkpatrick. He is better than a special teamer, but I was impressed with the last few games Phillips played. Not saying that is sustainable, or he didn't just have a good 3 game run, like Fred Johnson, but it is at least some promise at depth.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to make sure our CBs aren't too good, otherwise we can't do our job of making the other teams offense look good.

Burrow should gain lots of experience in our come from behind efforts. he might even make the probowl without winning more than 6 games.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to make sure our CBs aren't too good, otherwise we can't do our job of making the other teams offense look good.

Burrow should gain lots of experience in our come from behind efforts. he might even make the probowl without winning more than 6 games.

That much may be true!