• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

F U Auburn!

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread needs moar Chris Petersen.

fr8z8Ae.jpg

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike Woody Hayes, coach James wasn't a physco nutcase fvktard.

Haven’t read anything past this quote ^^ but I feel like this thread is about to get ridiculously awesome.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t read anything past this quote ^^ but I feel like this thread is about to get ridiculously awesome.
The Auburn posters don't seem to into this game so I figured I'd bring a few more fan bases into the mix after @Tomhusker pulled a Pearl Harbor attack in this thread.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Auburn posters don't seem to into this game so I figured I'd bring a few more fan bases into the mix after @Tomhusker pulled a Pearl Harbor attack in this thread.
The similarity between what I did and Pearl Harbor is that Japan didn't stand a chance of winning the conflict, either.

GO BIG RED!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are incredibly good business on a Sunday night. Man I wish you were in my territory.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 early predictions for 2018 college football season

1. Auburn-Washington a Playoff elimination game
The loser will likely be out of the College Football Playoff race on Sept. 1. Sure, Washington could still win its conference, but it'll be judged more by the Auburn game than its Pac-12 schedule. Auburn travels to Georgia and Alabama in November.

College football rankings: SN's pre-preseason top 25 for 2018

8. Auburn Tigers
Gus Malzhan opted to stay at Auburn, and with good reason. There's enough talent on both sides of the ball to repeat as SEC West champions, and perhaps finish the job this time around. Jarrett Stidham is back, but leading rushers Kerryon Johnson and Kamryn Pettway are gone and the defense loses Jeff Holland and Carlton Davis to the NFL. The Tigers do have to travel to Tuscaloosa and Athens this time around.

11. Washington Huskies
Chris Petersen has built a consistent winner at Washington. That will be tested when the Huskies and four-year starter Jake Browning take on Auburn in the season-opener in Atlanta.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football top-25 season previews: What to expect from each team in 2018

No. 8 Auburn : What to watch in 2018

For Auburn, the 2018 season probably can't arrive soon enough after the Tigers squandered their shot at a College Football Playoff berth in 2017.

The Tigers were a win away in the 2017 SEC championship game from becoming the first two-loss team to make the four-team field. But a loss to Georgia in Atlanta and subsequent loss to UCF in the Peach Bowl provided a disappointing end to a promising season.

Still, a 10-4 record is nothing to sneeze at, as evidenced by Gus Malzahn's raise and contract extension through 2024. That performance has the Tigers ranked No. 8 in Sporting News' way-too-early top 25, but they have an even tougher path to the Playoff in 2018.

Here's a look ahead at the Tigers' 2018 season:

Auburn football schedule 2018
Date Opponent Location
April 7 A-Day Spring Game Auburn, Ala.
Sept. 1 No. 11 Washington Atlanta
Sept. 8 Alabama State Auburn, Ala.
Sept. 15 No. 13 LSU Auburn, Ala.
Sept. 22 Arkansas Auburn, Ala.
Sept. 29 Southern Miss Auburn, Ala.
Oct. 6 at Mississippi State Starkville, Miss.
Oct. 13 Tennessee Auburn, Ala.
Oct. 20 at Ole Miss Oxford, Miss.
Oct. 27 Bye Off
Nov. 3 No. 25 Texas A&M Auburn, Ala.
Nov. 10 at No. 3 Georgia Athens, Ga.
Nov. 17 Liberty Auburn, Ala.
Nov. 24 at No. 1 Alabama Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Dec. 1 SEC championship Atlanta

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football top-25 season previews: What to expect from each team in 2018

No. 11 Washington: What to watch in 2018

Washington may be coming off a 10-3 season that ended with a trip to the Fiesta Bowl, but the standards have started to change under Chris Petersen. The Huskies expect more, and that should be the case in 2018.

With the return of quarterback Jake Browning and running back Myles Gaskin this season, Washington becomes a prime Pac-12 contender, given its opener against Auburn in the Chick-Fil-A Game has heightened importance not just for the Huskies, but also for the entire conference. After that, the Huskies' schedule is set up for success.

What to watch in 2018:
1. How will Browning finish career?

Browning's stats dropped dramatically after a 2016 season in which he passed for 3,430 yards, 43 touchdowns and nine interceptions while leading Washington to the College Football Playoff. Last year, Browning had 2,719 yards, 19 touchdowns and five interceptions. He's an efficient playmaker, but he needs elevate his play for Washington to accomplish those lofty goals without offensive coordinator Jonathan Smith, who took over as head coach at Oregon State. The good news? Bush Hamdan is back on staff as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach after spending a year with the NFL's Atlanta Falcons. That should add some wrinkles to Browning's game.

2. Who steps up at receiver?

Dante Pettis led the Huskies with seven touchdown receptions last season. Nobody else had more than three. Pettis is gone, but Aaron Fuller and Andre Baccellia are young receivers who can — and must — step up. The freshmen will have a chance to break in early. Tight end Hunter Bryant also returns, and Gaskin will be an active pass-catcher out of the backfield.

3. Will the defense be a game-changer?

The Fiesta Bowl loss to Penn State was a bad game for a unit that allowed just 14.5 points per game in 2017. The Huskies allowed 14 points or fewer in eight games last season, but gave up 30 and 35 points in losses to Stanford and Penn State, respectively. Leading tackler Ben Burr-Kirven returns along with Ryan Bowman, who had a team-leading 5.5 sacks a freshman. Taylor Rapp leads a young secondary. This unit gets to prove itself at the start against Auburn.

Washington schedule 2018
Date Opponent Location
April 21 Spring Football Game Seattle
Sept. 1 No. 8 Auburn Atlanta
Sept. 8 North Dakota Seattle
Sept. 15 at Utah Salt Lake City
Sept. 22 Arizona State Seattle
Sept. 29 BYU Seattle
Oct. 6 at UCLA Pasadena, Calif.
Oct. 13 at Oregon Eugene, Ore.
Oct. 20 Colorado Seattle
Oct. 27 at Cal Berkeley, Calif.
Nov. 3 No. 14 Stanford Seattle
Nov. 10 Bye Off
Nov. 17 Oregon State Seattle
Nov. 23 at Washington State (Friday) Pullman, Wash.
Nov. 30 Pac-12 Championship (Friday) Santa Clara, Calif.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, the biggest losses we suffered were on the O line. I really like JB Grimes and am glad he is back as our O line coach but I am not sure if they will be ready early. We will rise and fall on that unit.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, the biggest losses we suffered were on the O line. I really like JB Grimes and am glad he is back as our O line coach but I am not sure if they will be ready early. We will rise and fall on that unit.
I think Auburn will go into this game as 8+ pt. favorites.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don’t have time for this shit now. Way too busy winning a conference championship in basketball and being nationally ranked in baseball and softball.

I’m sorry most of your team sports suck.