• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Expect another boring offseason this year

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's free agent class is beyond weak. Andre Drummond may go down as the biggest name on the move in that department, which should tell you something.

Don't get your hopes up on Russ being traded. Perhaps this is the year Portland finally looks to move on from Dame, but they wouldn't exactly be selling high...

It's not especially likely that Brogdon is moved either, though I would look to pawn him off on a desperate Laker or Dallas team. Maybe Washington if they are able to match his salary in a deal.

And for God's sake if I'm Kemba Walker, I'm opting out of that trainwreck in New York in any way possible, even if I have to accept less money to do so.
cmon

itll be interesting to see the Lakers do everything possible to rid themselves of RW and see what vet. min. guys they bring in.

Cavs should be interesting.

Your pacetrs should be fairly intriguing too now that they should have some cap room.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looney is limited but he's valuable for what he brings. He's a big who can switch out and defend on the perimeter, rebound and defend at a decent clip. I think MLE is around his value because there's no real upside to him. He's pretty much maxed out on ability and production.
MLE for Looney? lol.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLE for Looney? lol.
LOL you right. I didn't realize the MLE was all the way up to 10M per. That's too much.

For some reason I thought the MLE was closer to 6.5 - 7M. That I don't think is unreasonable for a backup big.

He's better than Khem Birch who got 3 yrs 20M.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon

itll be interesting to see the Lakers do everything possible to rid themselves of RW and see what vet. min. guys they bring in.

Cavs should be interesting.

Your pacetrs should be fairly intriguing too now that they should have some cap room.
KCP, Hachimura, and the WAS 2027 first would be a good haul for us in a Brogdon deal.

Killing two birds with one stone. We'd officially be handing over the keys of the franchise to Haliburton and getting Rui would allow us to wash our hands of the burden that is T.J. Warren's foot.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They'll try. But I don't see it happening. At least not if he opts in on that $47million. Which he would be insane not to because he ain't getting half that if he opts out.

He might be able to get more if they could find a sign and trade partner, but it's still not getting him anywhere near $47 million.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCP, Hachimura, and the WAS 2027 first would be a good haul for us in a Brogdon deal.

Killing two birds with one stone. We'd officially be handing over the keys of the franchise to Haliburton and getting Rui would allow us to wash our hands of the burden that is T.J. Warren's foot.

Why would the Wizards give up all that for a player you are itching to get rid of?

Stop dreaming.

Brogdon is a good player, but he is always hurt. The Wizards would probably take him on, but it would be more like KCP and Hachimura for Brogdon and a 2 from the Pacers.

You ain’t getting a 1st and a young player for Brogdon.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Wizards give up all that for a player you are itching to get rid of?

Stop dreaming.

Brogdon is a good player, but he is always hurt. The Wizards would probably take him on, but it would be more like KCP and Hachimura for Brogdon and a 2 from the Pacers.

You ain’t getting a 1st and a young player for Brogdon.
I’d still do it. Pritchard probably won’t, though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take that back... You guys hosed Dallas in your last deal. I'd demand the second rounder you got in that trade.

Not happening.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

You want Brogdon gone because he is a bad contract. You don’t get multiple assets in return for a bad contract unless you are also taking back a worse contract.

That isn’t happening in your scenario.

While I don’t think Rui + KCP has Much trade value, I think that duo has more than Brogdon who was negative trade value.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not happening.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

You want Brogdon gone because he is a bad contract. You don’t get multiple assets in return for a bad contract unless you are also taking back a worse contract.

That isn’t happening in your scenario.

While I don’t think Rui + KCP has Much trade value, I think that duo has more than Brogdon who was negative trade value.
You guys need a PG like fish need water. Demanding a pick that isn’t even yours shouldn’t be a dealbreaker. That Dallas trade was the ultimate fleecing. To score a pick while unloading one of the worst contracts in basketball in Bertans is robbery.

Rui would be the price for the Pacers, and even he has minimal value to the Wiz being parked behind Kuz and his stat-stuffing ways. KCP would just be a one-year rental for the Pacers at best…

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need a PG like fish need water. Demanding a pick that isn’t even yours shouldn’t be a dealbreaker. That Dallas trade was the ultimate fleecing. To score a pick while unloading one of the worst contracts in basketball in Bertans is robbery.

Rui would be the price for the Pacers, and even he has minimal value to the Wiz being parked behind Kuz and his stat-stuffing ways. KCP would just be a one-year rental for the Pacers at best…

KCP is a contract match, nothing more, nothing less.

Rui is an asset.

You don’t get 2 assets and an expiring contract match in exchange for a bad contract.

That just isn’t how players are valued in NBA trades.

So yes, you are being unrealistic asking for Rui and a pick.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCP is a contract match, nothing more, nothing less.

Rui is an asset.

You don’t get 2 assets and an expiring contract match in exchange for a bad contract.

That just isn’t how players are valued in NBA trades.

So yes, you are being unrealistic asking for Rui and a pick.
Below is what T.J. Warren had to say about the Pacers upon his recovery… Sounds as if he wants to be back. That said, if we’re able to land Rui in a deal for Brogdon, I would let him walk in a heartbeat.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offseason been sooooooo boring
Any hopes of Kyrie and KD switching teams was all for naught, and frankly I couldn’t be more thankful for it. Dejounte Murray, Malcolm Brogdon, and Jalen Brunson are now the biggest possible names to switch teams…

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to figure out what is in it for the Pistons to be helping out the Knicks clear up so much cap space. Eating Kemba's contract to get #13 pick, okay, but Burke and Noel?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any hopes of Kyrie and KD switching teams was all for naught, and frankly I couldn’t be more thankful for it. Dejounte Murray, Malcolm Brogdon, and Jalen Brunson are now the biggest possible names to switch teams…
You don't think much of Ayton or Bridges?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to figure out what is in it for the Pistons to be helping out the Knicks clear up so much cap space. Eating Kemba's contract to get #13 pick, okay, but Burke and Noel?
Sorry Burks not Burke, but you know that

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call that helping...help clearing space to overpay a very good player. We all thank you Detroit!! This will put New York into purgatory.

I think Detroit likes their young core and they don't think they will get Bridges or Ayton so from that aspect it makes sense. Those are all expiring contracts, Noel and Burks have clubs options next year and Detroit will still have ton of cap space with more options next season. Let your young core get experience together, still 2-4 years away anyway.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call that helping...help clearing space to overpay a very good player. We all thank you Detroit!! This will put New York into purgatory.

I think Detroit likes their young core and they don't think they will get Bridges or Ayton so from that aspect it makes sense. Those are all expiring contracts, Noel and Burks have clubs options next year and Detroit will still have ton of cap space with more options next season. Let your young core get experience together, still 2-4 years away anyway.

I think that is the right plan.

Once the core grows a little, they may prove promising enough to sign a legit free agent to complement them.

Not overpaying a good, not great RFA.