• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Expect another boring offseason this year

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's free agent class is beyond weak. Andre Drummond may go down as the biggest name on the move in that department, which should tell you something.

Don't get your hopes up on Russ being traded. Perhaps this is the year Portland finally looks to move on from Dame, but they wouldn't exactly be selling high...

It's not especially likely that Brogdon is moved either, though I would look to pawn him off on a desperate Laker or Dallas team. Maybe Washington if they are able to match his salary in a deal.

And for God's sake if I'm Kemba Walker, I'm opting out of that trainwreck in New York in any way possible, even if I have to accept less money to do so.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I interest anyone in some Tobias Harris?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 5-10 free agents after going through the list quickly on espn

Lavine
Kyrie (if he opts out)
Brunson
Monk
Bobby Portis
Mitchell Robinson
Ayton
Nurk
Beal (if he opts out)

Honary mention- Solomon Hill

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this doesn't include any possible trades for top talent such as Dame, Beal, and possibly Zion

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if the Warriors think Klay will be back to normal, look for them to consider moving Wiggins who is an expiring contract in 2023.

This offseason will be cool

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lavine
Kyrie (if he opts out)
Brunson
Monk
Bobby Portis
Mitchell Robinson
Ayton
Nurk
Beal (if he opts out)

How many of those guys are actually going to change teams tho? Two or three at most.

FYI, can't include Solomon Hill without including Austin Rivers...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're trading Westbrook for Dame and winning the 6th seed

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if the Warriors think Klay will be back to normal, look for them to consider moving Wiggins who is an expiring contract in 2023.

This offseason will be cool

It will definitely be interesting to see what the Warriors do with Wiggins because he's a very LARGE expiring contract. But the Warriors will have some interesting decisions this off-season. A lot of their key quality role players will be free agents. Gary Payton II, Kevon Looney, Otto Porter Jr. are all free agents. Those three have been big parts to the Warriors success.

On top of that Jordan Poole is extension eligible and will be an RFA the next season. They could use Wiggins expiring contract to divide that up amongst some future contracts. Or they could move Wiggins for another large contract and take some draft equity/young talent back. Or they could simply move him for a big.

Warrior fans have no idea what the hell is going on with Wiseman. He's had numerous set backs in coming back from his injury, but more importantly what he's needed is court time. That hasn't been available to him just because of his injury. So while his upside might be high, it'll never be realized until he actually gets out there.

Warriors will probably the most interesting off-season because of all these reasons, IMO.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will definitely be interesting to see what the Warriors do with Wiggins because he's a very LARGE expiring contract. But the Warriors will have some interesting decisions this off-season. A lot of their key quality role players will be free agents. Gary Payton II, Kevon Looney, Otto Porter Jr. are all free agents. Those three have been big parts to the Warriors success.

On top of that Jordan Poole is extension eligible and will be an RFA the next season. They could use Wiggins expiring contract to divide that up amongst some future contracts. Or they could move Wiggins for another large contract and take some draft equity/young talent back. Or they could simply move him for a big.

Warrior fans have no idea what the hell is going on with Wiseman. He's had numerous set backs in coming back from his injury, but more importantly what he's needed is court time. That hasn't been available to him just because of his injury. So while his upside might be high, it'll never be realized until he actually gets out there.

Warriors will probably the most interesting off-season because of all these reasons, IMO.
I'm sure a key for them to bring Payton back, a legit defender and key bench role...he just needs to work on his shooting and he will be a great option long-term. Looney fits what they do, wonder what he will be fetching? The others are replaceable. Like you said, plus Poole extension probably gets done. Man, Wiggins is a good fit though...if he produces in the playoffs and is productive maybe they keep him but I'm sure either way they will be looking at trade options.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lavine
Kyrie (if he opts out)
Brunson
Monk
Bobby Portis
Mitchell Robinson
Ayton
Nurk
Beal (if he opts out)

No Snell? Heresy.

I still like Thomas Bryant (blocks and 3s). Culver could be a nice reclamation project. Mitchell Robinson could be a snipe target if the Knicks have soured on him. Ingles is a solid role player. Derrick Jones Jr could be a developmental target.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Wiseman situation is the low-key version of the Zion soap opera, albeit without the bloating.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Wiseman situation is the low-key version of the Zion soap opera, albeit without the bloating.

Hard to disagree at this point. I will say though it looks like he's bulked up some and put on some real muscle to help him with the physicality of the game. Wiseman is still only 20 years old, has a ton of skill, but he has little to no experience at this point. He had 4 games of a college season and basically didn't play organized basketball for a full calendar year before joining the Warriors. He had expected (although not to some around here) growing pains of a guy who hasn't played much basketball but still showed some real flashes. Then his season was cut short by injuries throughout, following by this long hiatus due to the meniscus tear.

The Warriors at least learned from their mistakes last year and have taken a complete 180 approach to their rookies Kuminga and Moody. And it has shown in their development this year. Last year the Warriors just threw Wiseman into the fire when he wasn't ready.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been developing for 5 years now

Sure, but as a role player he has value. All depends on what you're looking for and can afford. As a Laker fan knowing their cap, he's an option lol. Maybe Culver needs a Monk style role next season to reestablish his value. Bol Bol, Hartenstein could potentially be cheap gets (but the Clips would likely retain Hartenstein).

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure a key for them to bring Payton back, a legit defender and key bench role...he just needs to work on his shooting and he will be a great option long-term. Looney fits what they do, wonder what he will be fetching? The others are replaceable. Like you said, plus Poole extension probably gets done. Man, Wiggins is a good fit though...if he produces in the playoffs and is productive maybe they keep him but I'm sure either way they will be looking at trade options.
Looney is limited but he's valuable for what he brings. He's a big who can switch out and defend on the perimeter, rebound and defend at a decent clip. I think MLE is around his value because there's no real upside to him. He's pretty much maxed out on ability and production.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to disagree at this point. I will say though it looks like he's bulked up some and put on some real muscle to help him with the physicality of the game. Wiseman is still only 20 years old, has a ton of skill, but he has little to no experience at this point. He had 4 games of a college season and basically didn't play organized basketball for a full calendar year before joining the Warriors. He had expected (although not to some around here) growing pains of a guy who hasn't played much basketball but still showed some real flashes. Then his season was cut short by injuries throughout, following by this long hiatus due to the meniscus tear.

The Warriors at least learned from their mistakes last year and have taken a complete 180 approach to their rookies Kuminga and Moody. And it has shown in their development this year. Last year the Warriors just threw Wiseman into the fire when he wasn't ready.

Last year's team was a different situation than this year's too. Warriors' down years enabled them to refill that youth pipeline nicely.