• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL EXPAND D1 ROSTERS TO 20

EXPAND D1 ROSTERS TO 20

• IN FAVOR

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • LEAVE AS IS

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The results are the league is basically split on this (7 for 5 against) at this point. With 2 more to go. So, not sure were that will leave us in the event of tie - assume status quo.

Just want to get this out there for those against.
I'm a little surprised that the thought of being able to use your first two draft picks without having to drop anyone doesn't appeal since your existing roster of 18 is your 'best' anyway - but guess you have your reasons.
Also, I fully understand the 'tough' decision aspect, but as it stands now the option of dropping someone as a bye-week replacement for K, DST and/or TE basically results in simply leaving that position blank for a week (or more) - there just are not enough bench spots have an option to do otherwise. ... in my mind that just doesn't make for a very balanced league. Even with 20 there will still be plenty of tough decisions to make at some point in the season. ....

There I'm done. .... let the chips fall where they may.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The results are the league is basically split on this (7 for 5 against) at this point. With 2 more to go. So, not sure were that will leave us in the event of tie - assume status quo.

Just want to get this out there for those against.
I'm a little surprised that the thought of being able to use your first two draft picks without having to drop anyone doesn't appeal since your existing roster of 18 is your 'best' anyway - but guess you have your reasons.
Also, I fully understand the 'tough' decision aspect, but as it stands now the option of dropping someone as a bye-week replacement for K, DST and/or TE basically results in simply leaving that position blank for a week (or more) - there just are not enough bench spots have an option to do otherwise. ... in my mind that just doesn't make for a very balanced league. Even with 20 there will still be plenty of tough decisions to make at some point in the season. ....

There I'm done. .... let the chips fall where they may.
Needing to roster my fourth round pick is not appealing to me in any way.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needing to roster my fourth round pick is not appealing to me in any way.
Well, obviously you like what you have. .... BUT, forgive me, I really didn't consider the fact that some people may have traded away early picks (not that the late choices will be much different). ....
ANYWAY, IN FAIRNESS TO THOSE WHO DID, LET'S MAKE IT EFFECTIVE 2020. ... Guess those of us in favor of, can make do for one more season. ...

@TREFF - the vote is 8-5 so can we make this official for the 2020 season ?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, obviously you like what you have. .... BUT, forgive me, I really didn't consider the fact that some people may have traded away early picks (not that the late choices will be much different). ....
ANYWAY, IN FAIRNESS TO THOSE WHO DID, LET'S MAKE IT EFFECTIVE 2020. ... Guess those of us in favor of, can make do for one more season. ...

@TREFF - the vote is 8-5 so can we make this official for the 2020 season ?
I'll go with the majority.

Just not a fan of adjustments that alter how a roster is put together without any prep time.

Scoring adjustments are a different animal than roster expansions and contractions.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it should be at the start of the league year next year mainly because we all had to make cuts to get down to 18 by the Monday after the Super Bowl and we might not have dropped certain guys if the rosters were being expanded. I would say it should be implemented on the date that we have always had to make our rosters right which is the Monday after the Super Bowl 2020. Next year we just won't have to drop anybody even if we have guys on IR.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it should be at the start of the league year next year mainly because we all had to make cuts to get down to 18 by the Monday after the Super Bowl and we might not have dropped certain guys if the rosters were being expanded. I would say it should be implemented on the date that we have always had to make our rosters right which is the Monday after the Super Bowl 2020. Next year we just won't have to drop anybody even if we have guys on IR.

You also had the tiebreaker to bring up.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds good enough to me. At least its just two spotd, not five. BTW, as Bandit stated, there will be no need to cut down at the end of this coming season, however, that rule will apply in following seasons.

In other words, after the Super Bowl 2020, we can have 20 players, once the IR opens for the 2020 season, we can technically have 20+2, but, back down to 20 after the Super Bowl in 2021..clear as mud?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds good enough to me. At least its just two spotd, not five. BTW, as Bandit stated, there will be no need to cut down at the end of this coming season, however, that rule will apply in following seasons.

In other words, after the Super Bowl 2020, we can have 20 players, once the IR opens for the 2020 season, we can technically have 20+2, but, back down to 20 after the Super Bowl in 2021..clear as mud?

Clear as the North Fork of the Embarrass River.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what
i just changed my vote

D1 came first so i wont compare it to D2

only way i compare the 2 is when we vote to have the same rules completely across the board for both

until then ill be content with the spinning avatar's original ideas....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what
i just changed my vote
only way i compare the 2 is when we vote to have the same rules completely across the board for both
Fail to see the reasoning - but doesn't matter. ... it's in the books for 2020 season. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what
i just changed my vote

Thats all true, D2 was intentionally created differently, more teams, ppr, taxi squad, its really an entirely different bird all around

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what
i just changed my vote
@Barilko - just to be clear on that - the original architect of D1 is the guy we kicked out after yr 1 (or 2) for tanking. Forgot his name but it was not a pretty departure. Now, as far as comparing to D2, that is simply not the point - the point is to allow 2 more roster spaces so we can, hopefully, get away from leaving starting spot like K, DST or TE blank during bye-weeks. .... which becomes the simple solution to the 'make it difficult' argument when you have no one you wish to drop for a 1 week filler. The whole concept of dynasty is to be able to build a team - not dump developmental guys for a warm body who's not on bye.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we were all the architect there, Micro just happened to be the commish, and he had plenty of suggestions, being one of the more "seasoned" in Dynasty at the time. We all had our voices heard throughout the process though. Roster size was probably the most talked about, and remained the most talked about up till now

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original architect was the vote...

not some ex MBBRLer who let us all down.....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we were all the architect there, Micro just happened to be the commish, and he had plenty of suggestions, being one of the more "seasoned" in Dynasty at the time. We all had our voices heard throughout the process though. Roster size was probably the most talked about, and remained the most talked about up till now
The original architect was the vote...
not some ex MBBRLer who let us all down.....

@leftypower but all is cool i wil go with the flow(Vote)....

At this point I really could care less. ... if it's actually a 'keeper league' under the dynasty name that's cool. ... leave it as is, just expect plenty of vacant spots when bye weeks hit. .... I now regret even bringing it up - proceed as you like.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with a few tweaks from time to time, I'm sure we'll all grow to love it, likely quickly

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I really could care less. ... if it's actually a 'keeper league' under the dynasty name that's cool. ... leave it as is, just expect plenty of vacant spots when bye weeks hit. .... I now regret even bringing it up - proceed as you like.
yes, it seems to be bringing up more trouble than its worth, and im for expansion into a true dynasty realm

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I see there are 15 total vote so it may be a tie if @Yellow Fuzzies was a 'for' since I was. … I always forget to enable the 'view who voted feature. .. in case of a tie assume the proposal fails anyway and I will never bring it up again. …