• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL EXPAND D1 ROSTERS TO 20

EXPAND D1 ROSTERS TO 20

• IN FAVOR

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • LEAVE AS IS

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MilkSpiller22 @Barilko @TREFF @Trudem @The Foot @Bandit @broncosmitty @Yellow Fuzzies @HaroldSeattle @obxyankeefan @Ram Tough @Chef99 @SteelersPride @TKOSpikes

OK - so here is the poll noted in email to all league members. The point is basically to give owners a chance to give rookies a chance to develop. I'll let the commish decide if this is a simple majority vote or super-majority (2/3) required. I've put a closing date of March 24 so you have 2 weeks to decide.
im fully on board. When this league was created we smooshed the roster's to where they are because everyone said there just wasnt enough talent. But to me thats difference between a "dynasty" league, and a "glorified keeper" league. THere should be huge benches, there should be guys developing on your bench. the waiver wire should suck more than it does. You cannot keep rookies and let them develop. Scouting rookies outside the top few good guys is irrelevant. The guys that are getting rookie production, are generalyl just lucky, ala phillip lindsay, than guys actually scouting, grabbing guys. just my two cents

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Steeler ..... it's bad when you to have to chose dropping a developmental guy for a TE, K, or DST, just to fill your roster for 1 week.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Steeler ..... it's bad when you to have to chose dropping a developmental guy for a TE, K, or DST, just to fill your roster for 1 week.
that is my thoughts as well.

Yes, i know that at times someone may not have a qb. Someone may not have a tight end. Or someone may have a total dud to play. Thats dynasty. If you dont have a qb, and you get fleeced by giving a younger guy or valuable guy to trade for colt mccoy so you can have a starter for that week, well it happens thats dynasty. I fully support large benches. Im totally open to counterpoints the other direction. But , just like when this was started, i dont think the roster construction now supports "dynasty", it supports, a larger keeper league

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sire everyone's well aware of my thoughts. I like the difficult decisions aspect. You wanna stash a guy, go ahead, just gonna have to make a hard call.
That'll be the extent of my input on it, I'm not gonna campaign

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sire everyone's well aware of my thoughts. I like the difficult decisions aspect. You wanna stash a guy, go ahead, just gonna have to make a hard call.
That'll be the extent of my input on it, I'm not gonna campaign

Pretty much my feelings. 1 bench per 1 starter

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Introduction To Dynasty Fantasy Football - The Fantasy Footballers Podcast

I can find more supporting large rosters than not, for dynasty. For a keeer league , ‘tis different
For sure, and like I said, I'm not campaigning for my position, however, I just want it kept in mind, none of the MBBRL league were ever created to be more similar to everyone else's. There has always been a more challenging element to them. The standard scoring (no ppr means much tougher to find worthy RB's by week 13), the short benches.. Just sayin', we don't necessarily play by the standard rules.
I'll love the two extra spots, it'll make my decisions easier. I'll gladly play with those rules. I just enjoy the challenge more :)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure, and like I said, I'm not campaigning for my position, however, I just want it kept in mind, none of the MBBRL league were ever created to be more similar to everyone else's. There has always been a more challenging element to them. The standard scoring (no ppr means much tougher to find worthy RB's by week 13), the short benches.. Just sayin', we don't necessarily play by the standard rules.
I'll love the two extra spots, it'll make my decisions easier. I'll gladly play with those rules. I just enjoy the challenge more :)
i can see both sides. For me dynasty was always about developing rosters, scouting young talent, etc. Ive had to trade, or let go of guys i liked and well second guess myself into well crapping all over myself........obviously im not doing well

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what I'm trying to say is that if some want it because it'll enhance the league, than great, I'm all for it, I just don't want it to be because that's what most everyone else does..ya know?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what I'm trying to say is that if some want it because it'll enhance the league, than great, I'm all for it, I just don't want it to be because that's what most everyone else does..ya know?
absolutely understand:suds:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much my feelings. 1 bench per 1 starter
And yet D2 is not set up that way. …. interesting that this one has to be handled differently. ….

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, too, like the challenge of balancing a stash versus a bye week player. However I also like actually participating in the draft

even though I never seem to have a first round pick lol

What about a taxi squad or something like that? It allows a player or two at most players to be stashed but you can’t ply them until next season. Something like that

Although I appreciate the difficulty of policing that

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voted in favor. I'd have had Damien Williams still...but seriously, I like the challenge of a depleted free agency, and the trade uptick it creates.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voting against.

Unless this is for 2020.

Decisions were made based on the current roster situation, not an expanded one.