• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Every TOOL Album Instantaneously Hits Top 10

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also live in a timeline where people know who Post Malone is, but not Ozzy Osbourne, soooo...the greatness is debatable I suppose.:ohwell::tongue:

I mean, Post Malone is pretty good tho. And I’m a huge Ozzy fan.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing really unique on the album IMO. It's more of 10,000 days. Good sound, and I enjoy it.

Nothing mind blowing.

I think Invincible is pretty great and Fear Inoculum is rad. Haven’t gotten into the rest of it yet. Still listening to 10,000 days and Undertow regularly.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't even seen or heard him yet. Only heard OF HIM through tweets en shit.
I've heard a little of his stuff through my 18-year-old son. What I heard wasn't in my wheelhouse, but I didn't hate it. ...Like you & Tool.

...Would certainly rather listen to Post Malone than Taylor Swift.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard a little of his stuff through my 18-year-old son. What I heard wasn't in my wheelhouse, but I didn't hate it. ...Like you & Tool.

...Would certainly rather listen to Post Malone than Taylor Swift.

I've never heard PM but could probably already agree with that, tho I will say, my 7 year old daughter FUCKING LOOOOVES Shake it Off, and has subsequently endeared me to it as well. It's a catchy earworming fucker too.

Now I'm gonna hafta check out Post Malone, I guess...fuck.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also live in a timeline where people know who Post Malone is, but not Ozzy Osbourne, soooo...the greatness is debatable I suppose.:ohwell::tongue:
I disagree with this. I bet more people know who Ozzy Osbourne is. The guy was in Austin Powers, the chick Ghostbusters and had a reality show. He has a song called 'Iron Man' thats the main song in Iron Man. Classic rock is fairly well known throughout the country.

I get why people might think Tool is a tad bit overrated but the real tragedy is what passes for rock these days. The new Tool album is a masterpiece compared to the new Slipknot album or whatever Panic at the Disco is doing. Thats Tool's competition and THATS the sad thing.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this. I bet more people know who Ozzy Osbourne is. The guy was in Austin Powers, the chick Ghostbusters and had a reality show. He has a song called 'Iron Man' thats the main song in Iron Man. Classic rock is fairly well known throughout the country.

I get why people might think Tool is a tad bit overrated but the real tragedy is what passes for rock these days. The new Tool album is a masterpiece compared to the new Slipknot album or whatever Panic at the Disco is doing. Thats Tool's competition and THATS the sad thing.

I was just basing that off of tweets that have gone viral. He must sample ozzy or mention him in a song or something, cuz there's like eleventy bazillion retarded kids posting shit like..."Whoever Ozzy Osbourne is, he should thank Post Malone, cuz he's about to become famous af." Endless tweets just like that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just basing that off of tweets that have gone viral. He must sample ozzy or mention him in a song or something, cuz there's like eleventy bazillion retarded kids posting shit like..."Whoever Ozzy Osbourne is, he should thank Post Malone, cuz he's about to become famous af." Endless tweets just like that.
I bet Post Malone is more popular than Ozzy Osbourne with the kids but...thats what being a kid is. You listen to the 'pop' thing of your time. I didn't listen to Ozzy growing up but I started listening to him in college.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Post Malone is more popular than Ozzy Osbourne with the kids but...thats what being a kid is. You listen to the 'pop' thing of your time. I didn't listen to Ozzy growing up but I started listening to him in college.

OK, well I didn't set out for my post to truly be debatable or an argument, more was just making a joke based on recent viral trends.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, well I didn't set out for my post to truly be debatable or an argument, more was just making a joke based on recent viral trends.
Yeah, I had no idea that was a thing until you brought it up.

I probably live in a bubble.

I do kinda like this album, though, but just the three songs I mentioned earlier. Those 3 songs are 38 minutes of music.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never heard PM but could probably already agree with that, tho I will say, my 7 year old daughter FUCKING LOOOOVES Shake it Off, and has subsequently endeared me to it as well. It's a catchy earworming fucker too.

Now I'm gonna hafta check out Post Malone, I guess...fuck.
Thankfully, I have no idea what "Shake it Off" is - unless you're talking about a wet dog or piss.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new Tool album is a masterpiece compared to the new Slipknot album or whatever Panic at the Disco is doing. Thats Tool's competition and THATS the sad thing.

I like both the new Slipknot album and the new Tool album. I like the new Slipknot album better than the new Tool album, but I also like Slipknot more than Tool overall. Neither album is their greatest work ever, but both are good plays.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully, I have no idea what "Shake it Off" is - unless you're talking about a wet dog or piss.
Are you talking about Taylor Swift's Shake it Off? You must have avoided the radio for the 6 months that song was played on the hour every hour. Lucky guy.

If you did a Venn Diagram of Nine Inch Nails's the Perfect Drug and 14 year old girls with high self esteem then Shake it Off would be smack dab in the middle of it. Possibly the weirdest Venn Diagram ever but the song structures are very similar.

I like both the new Slipknot album and the new Tool album. I like the new Slipknot album better than the new Tool album, but I also like Slipknot more than Tool overall. Neither album is their greatest work ever, but both are good plays.
I only listened to the Slipknot album a couple of times but it looked like it was their hit song and then a bunch of also-rans. I wasn't a fan.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about Taylor Swift's Shake it Off? You must have avoided the radio for the 6 months that song was played on the hour every hour. Lucky guy.

If you did a Venn Diagram of Nine Inch Nails's the Perfect Drug and 14 year old girls with high self esteem then Shake it Off would be smack dab in the middle of it. Possibly the weirdest Venn Diagram ever but the song structures are very similar.

I only listened to the Slipknot album a couple of times but it looked like it was their hit song and then a bunch of also-rans. I wasn't a fan.

Yes. And yes, I do a very good job of sheltering myself from pop radio. I'm lucky enough to work in a quiet building with only a handful of programmers who all like rock and all listen to music independently through earbuds. If one of them did play pop, I'm their manager and have the pull to tell them to wear ear buds if I so chose.

I'm also lucky enough to have a wife that likes mostly the same stuff I do. She digs a little more into some more experimental rock/alternative stuff like Beck, so she was instantly a huge fan of "Spiders" off Slipknot's new album. "Spiders" is a cool track, but my wheelhouse is closer to "Orphan".

I have a 16-year-old daughter and I'm lucky with her too. She isn't into mainstream pop either. She likes more alternative/electronic stuff and only listens to music through her earbuds, so I really have no examples of what the hell she's listening to.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tool may be the most overrated band of all-time.

Rapidly approaching U2 status.
I don't mean to hijack this Tool thread, but I am genuinely curious about your hatred of U2. I've seen you make other posts on this forum before stating how much you hate them, and I didn't really think much of it at the time because obviously everyone has different opinions/tastes and what not. But over the past couple months, I've started to pick up on a fairly general dislike of U2 from rock fans, and then a couple weeks ago I was reading some article about how music sucks today and it said something like "Musicians today replicate U2's recent (2010s) output, without ever having even heard the decent music they once put out that made them famous in the first place."

Now, I'm not some huge U2 fan. I'm an albums guy, and I've never even heard one of their albums in its entirety. And I can see the criticism that a lot of their music does sound somewhat similar (not all of it IMO but a pretty substantial amount).

That being said, I think they're a fine band. Just off the top of my head, I think

"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
"Pride (In The Name of Love)"
"New Year's Day"
"Vertigo"
"Bad"
"Angel of Harlem"
"In a Little While"

are all good/really good songs, and

"One"
"Sunday Bloody Sunday"
"Sweetest Thing"

are all borderline great/legitimately great songs.

I'm a young guy, so I didn't grow up with U2. I don't know why they're hated so much. I just see a band that's got pretty boring guitar work but has some nice melodies and amazing vocals. Any particular reason you hate them?

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that's a meme/joke.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to hijack this Tool thread, but I am genuinely curious about your hatred of U2. I've seen you make other posts on this forum before stating how much you hate them, and I didn't really think much of it at the time because obviously everyone has different opinions/tastes and what not. But over the past couple months, I've started to pick up on a fairly general dislike of U2 from rock fans, and then a couple weeks ago I was reading some article about how music sucks today and it said something like "Musicians today replicate U2's recent (2010s) output, without ever having even heard the decent music they once put out that made them famous in the first place."

Now, I'm not some huge U2 fan. I'm an albums guy, and I've never even heard one of their albums in its entirety. And I can see the criticism that a lot of their music does sound somewhat similar (not all of it IMO but a pretty substantial amount).

That being said, I think they're a fine band. Just off the top of my head, I think

"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
"Pride (In The Name of Love)"
"New Year's Day"
"Vertigo"
"Bad"
"Angel of Harlem"
"In a Little While"

are all good/really good songs, and

"One"
"Sunday Bloody Sunday"
"Sweetest Thing"

are all borderline great/legitimately great songs.

I'm a young guy, so I didn't grow up with U2. I don't know why they're hated so much. I just see a band that's got pretty boring guitar work but has some nice melodies and amazing vocals. Any particular reason you hate them?

I just don't like their sound. I think they are immensely overrated due to one decent album. I think Bono is a supreme douche, and their fans are obnoxious af.

The sound of Bono's voice grates on me like not many others.

Mostly, I just think they are incredibly overrated. Just another shitty pop band that too many people like for unknown reasons. The amount of dick those guys must've sucked to get where they are is astonishing. :wink:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tool may be the most overrated band of all-time.

Rapidly approaching U2 status.
They don't hold a candle to The Beatles and Nirvana when it comes to being overrated.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't hold a candle to The Beatles and Nirvana when it comes to being overrated.

:sigh:

Nirvana sucks.

The Beatles are great.

Both could be stated as overrated a little due to the untimely deaths of Lennon and Cobain.

We couldn't be so lucky with Bono.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sigh:

Nirvana sucks.

The Beatles are great.

Both could be stated as overrated a little due to the untimely deaths of Lennon and Cobain.

We couldn't be so lucky with Bono.
I like a few of both band's songs and I can appreciate their contributions to rock and roll. However, the amount of people who worship them like everything they ever did was the greatest thing ever is a little off-putting and annoying.

We are in total agreement that U2 sucks donkey balls. The few good songs that they have are done better by other artists.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't like their sound. I think they are immensely overrated due to one decent album. I think Bono is a supreme douche, and their fans are obnoxious af.
The sound of Bono's voice grates on me like not many others.
Mostly, I just think they are incredibly overrated. Just another shitty pop band that too many people like for unknown reasons. The amount of dick those guys must've sucked to get where they are is astonishing. :wink:
Sandler did a great riff on Bono's singsongy delivery before getting his ass kicked by Piscopo's Sinatra...can't find it on YouTube.