• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Every TOOL Album Instantaneously Hits Top 10

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your personal choices and perception of quality and support doesn’t make you right. It is just different.

Although CD’s have higher quality than most streaming/mp3, CD’s are not high audio quality either.

I support artists through my paid subscription to Prime Music.

In today’s day and age, computers, cars, and home systems, are made without CD players. They aren’t coming back. Turning back time (old model) isn’t going to happen!

Times are a changing
Screen-Shot-2019-04-02-at-19.03.26-1024x461.jpg

A lot of information here for you: IFPI Global Music Report 2019
There are downloads there too if you desire to read

....and will change beyond today's model. When the streaming services are losing money even when the artists are drastically underpaid for their product licensing, something is going to change further. Would you have predicted vinyl's rise from the ashes once cassettes then CDs replaced it? Hell, even cassettes have seen a bump in sales of late.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and will change beyond today's model. When the streaming services are losing money even when the artists are drastically underpaid for their product licensing, something is going to change further. Would you have predicted vinyl's rise from the ashes once cassettes then CDs replaced it? Hell, even cassettes have seen a bump in sales of late.
A bump in sales for vinyl and cassettes... ok. I suppose some audiophiles are stuck on it, but it's a market niche today. Physical media is getting lower and lower by the year.

Underpaid? Revenue is the highest it's been in 13 years, and it's had steady growth over the past 6.

I mean... did you even look at the graph?

I suppose you could justify a loss of income because the market is saturated. It is competition causing the perception that companies and artists are underpaid. Not the customers... The total revenue speaks for itself.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bump in sales for vinyl and cassettes... ok. I suppose some audiophiles are stuck on it, but it's a market niche today. Physical media is getting lower and lower by the year.

Underpaid? Revenue is the highest it's been in 13 years, and it's had steady growth over the past 6.

I mean... did you even look at the graph?

I suppose you could justify a loss of income because the market is saturated. It is competition causing the perception that companies and artists are underpaid. Not the customers... The total revenue speaks for itself.

That isn't artist revenue, that's industry revenue. In addition to what record companies, streaming services are now also earning money on the backs of the artists. It's a marketplace that didn't previously exist that is exchanging record sales and radio plays for streaming at a tiny fraction of the cost paid to the artist. For example, artists would need to have 300,000+ streams a month just to get the minimum wage level (which is already far to low to support even a single person, let alone a family of any size).

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't artist revenue, that's industry revenue. In addition to what record companies, streaming services are now also earning money on the backs of the artists. It's a marketplace that didn't previously exist that is exchanging record sales and radio plays for streaming at a tiny fraction of the cost paid to the artist.
Its one in the same. While industry revenue has gone up, so has artist revenue. Streaming companies are taking a bigger share from them than past years, however revenue is going up all around. Everyone is getting rich.

Do you need a graph? I can find a graph if you don't believe me.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t know how hard my dick is seeing Tyler Childers in the top 3. Maybe people are finally realizing what real country music is.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its one in the same. While industry revenue has gone up, so has artist revenue. Streaming companies are taking a bigger share from them than past years, however revenue is going up all around. Everyone is getting rich.

Do you need a graph? I can find a graph if you don't believe me.

Artist revenue has not gone up. Ask any musician that isn't already a million seller (and even those have felt the pinch). Streaming companies are another hand in the pocket essentially.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude who sung Despacito earned only a bit over 4.4 million dollars from youtube (the one that pays the absolute worst on your list). I see Google, Apple, Tidal, and Napster pay 10x as much per stream.

I wonder how he survives on that starving artist's wage.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know why vinyl has re-emerged? Because people can pay $10/month to have all the music they want and not have to hassle with CDs anymore. Collecting albums that aren’t portable, but provide a more enjoyable across the board home listening experience (plus have a certain nostalgic value, all in addition to the hipster factor) all of the sudden makes sense again.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't found an image yet, but this is what you get for 45 bucks:
Limited Edition Tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring: CD, 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2 watt speaker & 30+ page book + MP3 download card

Pretty cool. I wonder if you can play V-CDs or DVDs on the 4" screen, or if it's just that content.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New album released today. Anyone listen yet? Thoughts?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New album released today. Anyone listen yet? Thoughts?

I've gotten through one playthrough as I've worked. My first impression is that it's pretty standard Tool - fits right in with the rest of their discography.

As far as tempo and tone, the album is pretty mellow overall.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many semens were brought forth. With many more to come.

Seriously though, I usually need to listen and listen Before I fully appreciate Tool. My 1st impression is that I'm going to love doing it.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Came across this yesterday. This isn't every fan but there are quite a few.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just found out tools now in itunes!!! got new album and aenima

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point hating streaming today would be like hating the idea of the phonograph 100 years ago. Kind of ironic that a band with a sound that's as highly engineered as theirs is hates technological advances.