• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everette Brown

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Twitter

Rivera says Norwood has moved ahead of E Brown b/c he's been more physical.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, didn't imac really him him that year? I was a big fan of us taking him in the 2nd round that year, but i thought when he went to a 3-4 he would be better off. That's too bad.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Twitter

Rivera says Norwood has moved ahead of E Brown b/c he's been more physical.

Norwood is 6'1, 240 lbs I believe. That's a pretty small DE. I saw a few places mention this, and how Carolina traded their future 1st rounder (we picked Mike Iupati) for the 2nd they used to pick him.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Norwood is 6'1, 240 lbs I believe. That's a pretty small DE. I saw a few places mention this, and how Carolina traded their future 1st rounder (we picked Mike Iupati) for the 2nd they used to pick him.

Carolina picked Brown of course. Sorry, that wasn't clear.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

We got the better deal...I think Mike iupati will be a all-pro right guard in a few years

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a few folks wanted him, I was one of them (though I hardly get real vocal about a prospect). I'm a bit surprised he's struggled so much. Still wouldn't mind experimenting with him if the price is cheap.

stilla9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, I really liked brown coming out of college! Give the panthers a 6th for him. he still might be better than haralson.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Bingo was a big Brown fan.

Yes I certainly was!!

That year though, I wanted Orakpo when we realized B.J. Raji was off the board. I had Orakpo ahead of Brown, but I wouldn't have been disappointed had we used our 2nd round pick on Brown had we not traded that pick.

Is Carolina playing a 3-4 this year, scheme wise?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes I certainly was!!

That year though, I wanted Orakpo when we realized B.J. Raji was off the board. I had Orakpo ahead of Brown, but I wouldn't have been disappointed had we used our 2nd round pick on Brown had we not traded that pick.

Ron Rivera is a 3-4 guy so I imagine so?

If we can pry away Brown, maybe a player for player swap, I'd be all for it.
What does Carolina need?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I certainly was!!

I know Rivera ran a 4-3 in Chicago but in SD he did "convert" to a 34 to match the personnel...

I would imagine he's sticking with the 43 in Carolina. That's my thought process without any articles or disclosures.

Yea i was a bit flustered that we traded the 2nd rder for the chance of Brown(pass rush need)... but ending up with Iupati may be worth it in this case.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mays for brown. :juggle:

Certainly understand the proposal... but is Brown, a pass rushing OLB in 34 what we need?

With Aldon(he needs a nickname, quick Clyde!), Haralson and to be proven Brooks, we have no OLB that can drop into coverage like Lawson could.

That may be an issue we would need to resolve in the near future.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know Rivera ran a 4-3 in Chicago but in SD he did "convert" to a 34 to match the personnel...

I would imagine he's sticking with the 43 in Carolina. That's my thought process without any articles or disclosures.

Yea i was a bit flustered that we traded the 2nd rder for the chance of Brown(pass rush need)... but ending up with Iupati may be worth it in this case.

I would suspect that they would be sticking with the 4-3 defense as well specially after re-signing Johnson to a huge contract.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall Clyde as being a huge Brown guy, as in he wanted him at 11. I would have been thrilled to land Brown in the second round.

Actually I wanted Malcolm Jenkins at 11, but yes, Everette Brown was up there. I mentioned repeatedly though that Brown is strictly a 3-4 player in the pros, not a 4-3 base end.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ah yes, the epic Everette Brown VS Brian Orakpo debates. I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong about a player (Matt Ryan was my bust pick in '08 :embarrassed face:) but I'm happy to say that even though I was in the minority about the subject I pretty much dominated all over the other guys' faces that time!

Ninerfan84 & Clyde were the most vocal saying Brown would be a better 3-4 OLB than Orakpo. imac liked Brown more than Orakpo too, but he wasn't as adimant about it. And he said he would've taken Jenkins at 10 if it were up to him. Like Bingo I wanted Orakpo after Raji was off the board. <----- ouch. :( However, all five of us were in agreement that taking Crabtree was an idiot move. :(

In Clyde's defense it's yet to be seen what Brown could do in a 3-4. But I think it's pretty clear he isn't as good of a pass rusher as Orakpo. And Orakpo is one of the best 3-4 OLB in the game. This was the subject about which we've most adimantly disagreed. The 2nd was probably Charles Brown. He thought Brown was a sure fire first rounder & I didn't and we agreed that the loser of this bet would be the other's butler for a year. ...or something like that. :) Clyde likes players by the name of Brown. But you know what they say. If it's yellow let it mellow...

Brown has a nasty spin move, but that's about all he does great. I wouldn't want him in SF (especially if Norwood is beating him out).