• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eternals (2021)

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have they ever said that they cant reproduce?? it was just that they were created without reproducing...
seeing as Starfox and Thanos are children of Eternals, I am guessing it doesn't need to be said

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was decent. Expected it to be a little better

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some Eternals are made in a “factory” (Gen 1s, if you will), and these are the ones who are deployed to “egg worlds”. Their default body type is “human”, but can be disguised as whatever the intelligent life form is for their destination world.

However, Gen 1s can have children, and these children are not deployed? So Thanos was a citizen? But Eros had an orb (whatever that thing was called).

Not sure I understand…

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Eternals are not organics in the sense that they do not get made during “Whoopie-time”. How can they be brothers?

have they ever said that they cant reproduce?? it was just that they were created without reproducing...

seeing as Starfox and Thanos are children of Eternals, I am guessing it doesn't need to be said

So some Eternals are made in a “factory” (Gen 1s, if you will), and these are the ones who are deployed to “egg worlds”. Their default body type is “human”, but can be disguised as whatever the intelligent life form is for their destination world.

However, Gen 1s can have children, and these children are not deployed? So Thanos was a citizen? But Eros had an orb (whatever that thing was called).

Not sure I understand…

(Also, @FaCe-LeE-uS, since you seemed interested. ;) )

Right, so that's where it diverges from the comics:

In the film/MCU, the Eternals and Deviants are synthetic beings (basically living robots) built by the Celestials.

In the comics, Eternals have a different origin: The Celestials go around to different planets repeating the same genetic experiment in which they insert genes to create three lineages:

- Eternals, by inserting genes for immortality and various superpowers
- Deviants, by inserting the Deviant gene
- normal/baseline people

So this created three lineages of humans: Eternal humans, Deviant humans, and normal/baseline humans. All three lineages reproduce as normal. Some of the Eternal humans moved to Titan, becoming the Titans. So, in the comics, there are no "normal" Titans; all Titans (including Thanos and Starfox/Eros) are Eternals. Thanos is unusual in that, despite being an Eternal, he had a mutation that gave him the Deviant gene.

So in the comics, Eternals aren't manufactured, but were the result of genetic engineering by the Celestials.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of the idea that Eternals are just robots created to let a Celestial hatch. Even less interested in Thanos being one somehow. Unless those threads are tied up neatly, it just doesn't make sense that we watched Thanos got off on his crusade for 20+ movies only to find out a Celestial should have appeared and yelled at him for not doing his purpose the whole time.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Eternals were not affected by the snap by Thanos?