• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN's win projections for 2018

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no Lebron James in the East. The 8th seed in the East at 37.5 seems far too low IMO.

Vegas numbers, not mine. Regardless, East teams still have to play the West 30 times.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas numbers, not mine. Regardless, East teams still have to play the West 30 times.

I know. I wasn't getting at you.

Full year of Blake and new coach (better coach). I will take that over.

Did the West really get that better outside of the Lakers? Most of the teams remained the same. Last year there were 9 really good teams. Now there's 10.

The top 10 in the East did not do that terrible vs the West last year. They were around .500 and top 3 all had a winning % over .600 vs the West

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boston projection seems on the low side, too... but the only thing more useless than these projections is getting worked up over these projections... so, whatevers.

If healthy, the C's will be a lot closer to 60 wins than 50.

I'm not even talking welcome back Kyrie and Hayward, either... I'm talking, "Hello, another year of maturation for Tatum and Brown."

I would probably split the difference between the ESPN projections and Vegas and put the Celtics O/U at 55.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the Lakers are a playoff team this year. Lebron should be that good for the team. Not sure the Raptors do that well this yr. either.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably split the difference between the ESPN projections and Vegas and put the Celtics O/U at 55.
That's certainly not unreasonable. If I were betting on that, I'd take the over... but so many factors could intervene... (injury being the most prominent)... that it's a bit of a coin flip either way.

I'm upbeat on the C's, no doubt... but the #1 factor I'd highlight is anticipated growth from Tatum and Brown. That's what I'm banking on most of all.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean these two will see big advances in their bottom line stat's... (because the C's now have more mouths to feed)... what I do mean is they will be that much better ball players regardless of overall stat's, and the most noticable outcome of this will be in the W/L column.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To play the other side, they are also going to have (a lot of) growing pains as they reforge their identity...

Old identity was LeBron, LeBron, LeBron... that was the plan, and everyone knew it.

Now.... ? Yeah, they got Kevin Love... ok. But what's the plan? And they're working in a rookie PG for significant minutes...

They're gonna lose a lot of games, even in the (L)East.

True, but its not like that roster is bare like the last time Lebron left. Hill, Smith, Love, and Thompson are all good players. Hood, Clarkson, and Nance will be better for them after having time to actually fit into their roles instead of being tossed into the fire on a team that had remade itself 3 times in one season. Then's there's Sexton. Unless Ty Lue is total dogshit, that should be good enough to get you over 30 wins.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill, Smith, Love, and Thompson are all good players.
I'll be honest... my initial reaction to ^this^ statement was to hold back a bit of a chuckle.

I guess it depends on what we mean by "good." Love is certainly a player, but he is the only guy on the above list who would be considered an above average starter.

The other guys... maybe they once were "good", maybe for certain periods in their career... but these are also guys who have checked out at various times in recent history. I'm not thrilled with any of them as a starter on my team.
wt said:
Hood, Clarkson, and Nance will be better for them after having time to actually fit into their roles instead of being tossed into the fire on a team that had remade itself 3 times in one season. Then's there's Sexton. Unless Ty Lue is total dogshit, that should be good enough to get you over 30 wins.
I personally do not have a ton of confidence in Ty Lue to raise the level of this team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy looks more and more like the jilted ex-girlfriend we all know him to be, with every post. It's hilarious.

tenor.gif

I would have personally used the word 'pathetic'