• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN's list of top stadiums

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the history at Lambeau, but other than that, that stadium sucks. Seattle and SF are both really nice.

I have been to more than half of those stadiums and for me, It is all based on personal preference. I prefer a nice climate-controlled stadium like state farm, although it is indoor, it has an outdoor feel as they play on real grass and the roof opens over the field. Also, the acoustics are crazy loud. Tailgaiting is great there as well.

I was surprised to see Levi Stadium so low.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't think Gillette is as bad this guy thinks. His biggest bitch was traffic in and out. You can tell he ain't from New England or he'd know that smart people don't pay $40 a game for parking and then try to deal with drunk drivers who can't find their way out. There are two major highways up and down the east and west side of Gillette and having to cross Route 1 is a nightmare if you're in the Gillette parking lot. If you know where your going and how you want to get there, you're all set. Price complaints? $5 for a bottle of 20 oz coke and $7 for a hot dog might be a bit steep but it is what it is.

I think it's a little bit of Patriots hate. Very low tradition score. How many other teams out there have been in 10 Super Bowls in the past 20 years?
How many have won their last 8 straight division championship, or 17 out of the last 20? Or went to 7 straight conference championships?
Tailgating? They have a specific parking area with toilet hook ups, water and it starts filling up on Thursday night when they have a Sunday game and Monday on a Thursday game. Yeah especially when they consider that it's still in great condition and only cost $625M and Kraft paid for it from his own piggy bank.

It's not #1 but it's better than #22.
You forgot to mention it was paid for by Kraft and not the local taxes.
Why would a liberal writer want to admit we have a good stadium that wasn't paid for by big government?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the history at Lambeau, but other than that, that stadium sucks. Seattle and SF are both really nice.

I have been to more than half of those stadiums and for me, It is all based on personal preference. I prefer a nice climate-controlled stadium like state farm, although it is indoor, it has an outdoor feel as they play on real grass and the roof opens over the field. Also, the acoustics are crazy loud. Tailgaiting is great there as well.

When were you last at Lambeau? There have been upgrades

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When were you last at Lambeau? There have been upgrades
I was there 3 years ago. I saw the museum, etc. The stadium itself was not for me. Sat on a freezing cold bleacher. The crowd was lackluster, etc., etc. Maybe I am getting old, but comfort is number 1 for me. Like I said it’s all personal preference.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I gotta jump up and say WTF is Seattle doing #8 overall in 'History?'

Well isn't this history of the stadium, not the franchise as a whole? If so, Century Link certainly has some great moments in history already.

Fail Mary
Beast Quake
3 NFC Championship games - 1 being that ridiculous GB comeback game.

It has more history than most stadiums that aren't the historical fields. Definitely put Lambeau, Soldier, Arrowhead, and Gillette ahead of it, but obviously none of the new stadiums have more history than Century Link.

Ahead of Seattle?
Arizona - No
SF- No
LA - No
Vegas - No
Chargers - Ha!
Denver - Yes
Minn - No
Detroit - No - Older but nothing to write home about
Dallas - No
Houston- No
Indy - No
Cleveland - No
Cinn- No
Tenn - No
Washington- Probably
Carolina - No
Any Florida team - No
NY - Eh, maybe
Buffalo - No
Philly - No
Atlanta - No

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only been to four current stadiums and one that's no longer in use (the Edward Jones Dome when the Rams were still in St. Louis). Of those, I'd say that Lucas Oil Stadium was probably the best overall that I've been to. Both the Titans and Panthers stadiums weren't bad but really not all that memorable. The worst was easily Fed Ex Field. Unless they've updated in the past 10 years since I've been there, having to pay $70 for seats that are behind pillars where you can't even see a quarter of the field is unacceptable.
The Edward Jones Dome was not nearly as bad as I was expecting. All the seats had a good view of the field from my experience. I feel like they definitely could've used some upgrades on it though (especially the sound system). But I could see why teams would really hate playing there during the Greatest Show on Turf days because even when the stadium was at 2/3 capacity, that place was loud. So I could only imagine what it was like when the stadium was sold out.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice stadium. What I did not like was it offered zero in game information. I like to glance at a board to see current info on game stats. Maybe that has now changed.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to mention it was paid for by Kraft and not the local taxes.
Why would a liberal writer want to admit we have a good stadium that wasn't paid for by big government?

Read my whole reply.........I said he paid for it from his own piggy bank.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrowhead is a very good NFL fan experience minus the problematic social elements unless you're really wedded to going to bars after the game or some shit. As someone who enjoys tailgates, it's about as good as it's going to get as far as traditional football experiences go. Just kind of a shame it's known as much for some spooky choking moments in the playoffs as much as anything else.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrowhead is a very good NFL fan experience minus the problematic social elements unless you're really wedded to going to bars after the game or some shit. As someone who enjoys tailgates, it's about as good as it's going to get as far as traditional football experiences go. Just kind of a shame it's known as much for some spooky choking moments in the playoffs as much as anything else.

I agree the setting and tailgate was great. I do not like the locations right downtown or in the middle of a big city. In the survey they say that is important for bars to go to and whatever. If you know how to tailgate you do not need fucking bars to go too. I consider travel and ease of parking and getting in and out of a location. A downtown location in a big city on the west coast right next to where all the interstates meet on a Thursday or Monday night with a game starting at 5pm in the middle of rush hour is a pain in the ass getting there

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the setting and tailgate was great. I do not like the locations right downtown or in the middle of a big city. In the survey they say that is important for bars to go to and whatever. If you know how to tailgate you do not need fucking bars to go too. I consider travel and ease of parking and getting in and out of a location. A downtown location in a big city on the west coast right next to where all the interstates meet on a Thursday or Monday night with a game starting at 5pm in the middle of rush hour is a pain in the ass getting there
Well using your own logic for tailgating, why would you be getting there during rush hour?

Century Link is smack dab in the middle of downtown, major highways on either side, and we get down there around 10AM for a primetime game. 4AM for normal games

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soldier Field is too high. No mention of this legendary fan ritual.

PA announcer: "There's a timeout"
Crowd: "WHERE?!"
PA announcer: "On the field."
Crowd: "OHHHHH"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take their word for it, I will never go to a live game. When the Pats were in the SB in Jacksonville the wife said Hey get tickets, go we can afford it. I replied nope don't like crowds don't like getting ripped off. Bought some steaks some bourbon stayed home

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont mind the Dallas ranking, but tailgating is WAY too low for us. There are sections of the parking for just tailgating even without a game ticket since they then show the game on the big screens outside the stadium. Or you can take the tailgate inside in the FanZone or whatever the standing room only tickets are that every new stadium is copying now.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take their word for it, I will never go to a live game. When the Pats were in the SB in Jacksonville the wife said Hey get tickets, go we can afford it. I replied nope don't like crowds don't like getting ripped off. Bought some steaks some bourbon stayed home
"added a room to the house, fully furnished it in bar attire, added a pool table and 80" OLED TV with Bose Surround sound and watched the game from home. Save a fortune". :dhd:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns stadium is ranked higher than I expected. But the Bungles should be ranked last. What's the name of the place, Skyline Chili Stadium?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"added a room to the house, fully furnished it in bar attire, added a pool table and 80" OLED TV with Bose Surround sound and watched the game from home. Save a fortune". :dhd:
Yes Sir. That is the way to go! My house is to small for a man cave but I get Carte' Blanch on Superbowl Sunday and the Hockey Playoffs

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Sir. That is the way to go! My house is to small for a man cave but I get Carte' Blanch on Superbowl Sunday and the Hockey Playoffs
Airfare plus hotels with their big event minimum stays plus game tickets and food during that week is way too expensive anymore. It's getting to where the SB is for local fans and corporate sponsors. Average fans can't really afford to go unless it is a once in a lifetime thing.

And then hope you don't pay all of that to get BuffaLLLLo'd.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad used to have season tickets for the Seahawks in the 80's. The Kingdome was a dump but there was a lot more room for tailgating back then. I love the CLINK but you now need to find a place nearby to pre-funk. Very expensive to hang around Seattle before and during a game.