• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN talking head says that Barkley is the best back in the NFL

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Barkley will be the real deal.
Think it is a bit premature to name him best, but to be honest I think we keep switching who is best at RB literally year to year. So I would put him in the argument. Another guy that doesnt seem to be getting mentioned much is Kamara. When I watch him it doesnt even seem like he is moving very fast, as he goes right by defenders. he just seems to do it easily. Another guy I would put in the argument.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post #3 in the thread nailed this one.

Bottom line...whether he is the best or not matters little, you ain't winning nothing significant if you don't have a triggerman.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barclay is a freak. Gonna be serious trouble for my boys down the road.

Gurley is my second favorite non Cowboy player in the league and I would have to give him the nod just cause of that.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame that none of you know what you are talking about...

Zeke Elliott is the best RB in football.

Zeke runs against the most loaded fronts in the NFL, and still averages over 100 yards a game on the ground for his CAREER -- the only RB in the league who can make such a claim, and he does it against 8 man boxes 40-50% of the time. Zeke might not put up the receiving numbers of a Bell or Gurley (last year and half), but he is also not used in that manner. Put Zeke in an offense with a passing attack like Pittsburgh or LA Rams and it would be downright silly.

Everyone caught up on Gurley right now, and I am not trying to diminishing him at all, but you all really need to look closer at what Zeke does on a weekly basis. At the RB position there is no better runner or blocker, and Zeke's receiving ability is way underrated.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zeke runs against the most loaded fronts in the NFL, and still averages over 100 yards a game on the ground for his CAREER -- the only RB in the league who can make such a claim, and he does it against 8 man boxes 40-50% of the time. Zeke might not put up the receiving numbers of a Bell or Gurley (last year and half), but he is also not used in that manner. Put Zeke in an offense with a passing attack like Pittsburgh or LA Rams and it would be downright silly.

Everyone caught up on Gurley right now, and I am not trying to diminishing him at all, but you all really need to look closer at what Zeke does on a weekly basis. At the RB position there is no better runner or blocker, and Zeke's receiving ability is way underrated.

I still have Zeke above Gurley but it is really close. However, one thing should be taken into consideration. Zeke leads the NFL in yards before first contact. That means his line is doing a great job blocking and shoudl get some credit.....BUT.......Zeke is still a beast. What he does after he is hit the first time is still amazing. He is hard to bring down.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gurley and Gordon are Zeke lites

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have Zeke above Gurley but it is really close. However, one thing should be taken into consideration. Zeke leads the NFL in yards before first contact. That means his line is doing a great job blocking and shoudl get some credit.....BUT.......Zeke is still a beast. What he does after he is hit the first time is still amazing. He is hard to bring down.
He also doesn't dance around like Barkley though. Zeke usually gets going quickly which leads to more yards before contact. A guy like Barkley that is looking for the HR every play often times foregoes a 2 yard gain for a 2 yard loss because of it and also sees his first contact 3 yards deep because he didn't get going right away. I remember Zeke's first year everyone tried to use the stat that he had the most yards before contact to say it was his OL that made him, but they ignored the fact that late in the year (maybe even for the whole year) he had more yards after contact than any other RB had rushing yards. That's crazy. Most of Zeke's big holes this year have been when he cut back like the TD drive last week where the Jags over pursued due to his vision.

Last edited:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also doesn't dance around like Barkley though. Zeke usually gets going quickly which leads to more yards before contact. A guy like Barkley that is looking for the HR every play often times foregoes a 2 yard gain for a 2 yard loss because of it and also sees his first contact 3 yards deep because he didn't get going right away. I remember Zeke's first year everyone tried to use the stat that he had the most yards before contact to say it was his OL that made him, but they ignored the fact that late in the year (maybe even for the whole year) he had more yards after contact than any other RB had rushing yards. That's crazy. Most of Zeke's big holes this year have been when he cut back like the TD last week where the Jags over pursued.

It takes vison to see the hole which is something that Zeke has and I don't think Barkley does yet. It is why I have Zeke is the best RB in the NFL right now. He has better vision and he is doing it with a loaded box. I did not take into account the cutbacks. Zeke is a better back than Barkely and it is not even close. Barkely has the talent to be elite and probably will be a top 5 if not top 3 back in the next few years but to sugggest he is the best back in the NFL right now is just stupid to be honest.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zeke has been playing with dinged up wheel for the past two games and still gets 100 yards. Show me a better blocker in pass protection at the RB position than zeke. You WON'T be able to

Barkley is going to be at or near the top for a long time. So is gurley. But yeah lots of cowboys haters at ESPN and give no credit to zeke. I guarantee zeke would have a lot more yards if Frederick was playing.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of Zeke haters, for sure. Look no further than PFF, they have Zeke rated as the 41st RB in football right now -- that is comically bad, which is why I put no faith in PFF's grading system. Even if they really like Byron Jones.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley is going to be at or near the top for a long time. So is gurley. But yeah lots of cowboys haters at ESPN and give no credit to zeke. I guarantee zeke would have a lot more yards if Frederick was playing.

I can see this. Frederick was an outstanding center. It takes intelligence as well as skill to play center. The center calls the blocking and Frederick was one of the best at it.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also doesn't dance around like Barkley though. Zeke usually gets going quickly which leads to more yards before contact. A guy like Barkley that is looking for the HR every play often times foregoes a 2 yard gain for a 2 yard loss because of it and also sees his first contact 3 yards deep because he didn't get going right away. I remember Zeke's first year everyone tried to use the stat that he had the most yards before contact to say it was his OL that made him, but they ignored the fact that late in the year (maybe even for the whole year) he had more yards after contact than any other RB had rushing yards. That's crazy. Most of Zeke's big holes this year have been when he cut back like the TD drive last week where the Jags over pursued due to his vision.
Zeke gets no credit which is bs... everyone says it is the OL. Well last season and this season the OL is not opening up gaping holes like the 2016 line did. Frederick,Leary and smith on the left side from 2016 were much better combination than what we have had the past two seasons.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke gets no credit which is bs... everyone says it is the OL. Well last season and this season the OL is not opening up gaping holes like the 2016 line did. Frederick,Leary and smith on the left side from 2016 were much better combination than what we have had the past two seasons.
i think last year and this year narrative around the league changed more towards Zeke being great, but in 2016 it was "all the OL". IMO I don't know who is the best RB. I wouldn't trade Zeke for anyone, but there are a lot of great backs right now. I think a lot of people are looking at it from a fantasy perspective and overvaluing the receptions a little. A lot of those are just dumpoffs that show little skill. I suspect it will change weekly over the next few years based on who the "hot hand" is

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think last year and this year narrative around the league changed more towards Zeke being great, but in 2016 it was "all the OL". IMO I don't know who is the best RB. I wouldn't trade Zeke for anyone, but there are a lot of great backs right now. I think a lot of people are looking at it from a fantasy perspective and overvaluing the receptions a little. A lot of those are just dumpoffs that show little skill. I suspect it will change weekly over the next few years based on who the "hot hand" is

I say Zeke becuase he is elite in picking up bitzes. I think you can say it is a wash as far as running ability goes betweek Zeke and Gurley. I think Gurley is a better receiver and as I mentioned already Zeke is a better blocker. The reason I give Zeke the edges is because he has to deal with more extra defenders in the box and is still putting up elite numbers.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so crazy believing this now...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot's of Cowboy's homers take offense....