• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN taking over the tennis world

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I absolutely loved this. Starting in 2015 they will have complete rights to the US Open which means they'll have complete rights to the 3 best Grand Slams. They don't need the French Open as it is a terrible Grand slam.

One thing I love about ESPN is unlike NBC they don't show us crap on tape delayed which just ruins the event for the viewers when you already know the result.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...hope they get some decent announcers for once. Pat Summerall and that ugly dyke Mary Carillo are unsufferable.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf: French Open is the best. Clay is the best surface.

As for ESPN, who cares the mix channel on D* rules regardless

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard courts doesn't give you entertaining rallies?

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wimbledon is my favorite grand slam with Australian Open being my least favorite. I did enjoy the Rafa vs Verdasco match in AO 2009 though. That match had everything you needed in tennis. Entertainment, godlike quality, and a pretty damn close match.

As for French Open, that crowd is so fucking annoying. They have the worst crowd out of the 4, and it's not even close.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you hate the Aussie Open?

Honestly Wimbledon is my favorite is Wimbledon with the US Open being my 2nd favorite. I love the Aussie Open but I think it happens way too early in the season. I would like to see the AO move back to mid Feb so the guys can have a few tournaments under their belt.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer the French because I play on clay every week. I would play on grass if I could. It's a really awesome surface for the sport. When you hit it really hard, like on a first serve, the grass flattens and the ball skids...making it really fast. But the grass grabs on slower shots making spin work great, especially topspin.
As a dude who plays with an extreme western grip, watching the Aussie and US Open was particularly lame during the Sampras years. I wish our fine country would get some great clay tournament...or grass like the ol' days.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you hate the Aussie Open?

Honestly Wimbledon is my favorite is Wimbledon with the US Open being my 2nd favorite. I love the Aussie Open but I think it happens way too early in the season. I would like to see the AO move back to mid Feb so the guys can have a few tournaments under their belt.

I don't hate any of the grandslams. It's just that AO happens to be my least favorite. I love it, but I love the other 3 slams more.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing can compare to the bad bounces and inconsistencies of playing on clay. That's what I want determining who wins and loses. The person who can spin the ball the most and get the most inconsistent bounce on his shot. And don't forget the sliding. I want to see those impressive slides. The best slider should definitely win tennis matches. Nothing more entertaining than seeing players miss-hit a ball because of crazy bounce or not be able to get back on the court because they have to slide a mile before they can reverse direction.

Crushed brick is not clay either. Real clay is not half as bad and I would not mind half as much. I thought the blue clay was a great idea. Red clay is unwatchable on TV. Cant see anything.

Only Wimbledon has a problem with the grass being to fast and the ball skidding by. The other 2 events are perfect. The surfaces are much slower than you think.

As far as Sampras goes, it was not the surface, it was actually his serve was just that good. Even though he did not hit it close to 140 like a lot of guys, it was still the best serve tennis has ever seen to this day. 125-130 with incredible spin and placement and heavy as a shot-put.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing can compare to the bad bounces and inconsistencies of playing on clay. That's what I want determining who wins and loses. The person who can spin the ball the most and get the most inconsistent bounce on his shot. And don't forget the sliding. I want to see those impressive slides. The best slider should definitely win tennis matches. Nothing more entertaining than seeing players miss-hit a ball because of crazy bounce or not be able to get back on the court because they have to slide a mile before they can reverse direction.

Crushed brick is not clay either. Real clay is not half as bad and I would not mind half as much. I thought the blue clay was a great idea. Red clay is unwatchable on TV. Cant see anything.

Only Wimbledon has a problem with the grass being to fast and the ball skidding by. The other 2 events are perfect. The surfaces are much slower than you think.

As far as Sampras goes, it was not the surface, it was actually his serve was just that good. Even though he did not hit it close to 140 like a lot of guys, it was still the best serve tennis has ever seen to this day. 125-130 with incredible spin and placement and heavy as a shot-put.

Because of Sampras' serve, I think head to head, he'd beat Roger most of the time except on clay! Hmmm, did I see you (Old Lion) on IMDb board; maybe in relationship to Doctor Who or Blake's 7? I've blogged them if you've seen the listings! :noidea: