• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Power Rankings

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah like 9 out of ten :)
I agree but the NFC is stacked. Some good teams not gonna make the playoffs

The ebb and flow of the NFL makes it impossible to know how things will shake out from one year to the next.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ebb and flow of the NFL makes it impossible to know how things will shake out from one year to the next.

A bit... I agree but it takes more then a year for large scale changes.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s pretty obvious the power has shifted to the NFC. Teams like Buffalo made the playoffs... that’s bad
We've been through this, Buffalo is probably not even a top 8 team in the AFC last year and they made it anyways.

You keep saying shit is obvious when it ain't

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything it goes back to middle pretty quickly since the institution of the salary cap; and the AFC has added more QB talent than the NFC has while the AFC should benefit from some 1 score games evening out on top of it.

Really low chance the NFC tops last year.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been through this, Buffalo is probably not even a top 8 team in the AFC last year and they made it anyways.

You keep saying shit is obvious when it ain't

OK... take it up with me, ESPN, NFL.com, Fox Sports, USA Today and everyone else.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK... take it up with me, ESPN, NFL.com, Fox Sports, USA Today and everyone else.
Yeah, they suck. I don't give a shit. All of them are farming clicks. And that's the current narrative so they'll write it.

It took like 5 seconds to destroy FPI in this thread so utterly as to basically be children's scribble.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit... I agree but it takes more then a year for large scale changes.

See this is where I'll disagree. Teams can quickly turn things around in the NFL. Let's say in the AFC Mahomes becomes something good. Let's say Andrew Luck is back to MVP level type player. Let's say that Mariota starts looking more like he did earlier in his career. Let's say Keenum takes the next step in his career.

I mean even if half those things happen you are looking at another maybe 2-3 teams being in the top-10 of the NFL.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you regress 1 score games to .500

19-12 in 1 score games in favor of the NFC

NFC was 37.5-26.5 over the AFC

AFC added more QB talent than the NFC.

That gap is probably getting smaller. Probably.

Mayfield
Taylor
Darnold
Bridgewater
Jackson
Mahomes is a new starter
Keenum
Luck presumably returns

Ryan Tannehill returns
Healthy Watson

Lot of different ways for the AFC QB play (the quickest way to improve) to get better or maintain previous level of play.

Not even gonna list Allen as most everyone on this board knows my disdain for Josh Allen the football player.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you regress 1 score games to .500

19-12 in 1 score games in favor of the NFC

NFC was 37.5-26.5 over the AFC

AFC added more QB talent than the NFC.

That gap is probably getting smaller. Probably.

Mayfield
Taylor
Darnold
Bridgewater
Jackson
Mahomes is a new starter
Keenum
Luck presumably returns

Ryan Tannehill returns
Healthy Watson

Lot of different ways for the AFC QB play (the quickest way to improve) to get better or maintain previous level of play.

Not even gonna list Allen as most everyone on this board knows my disdain for Josh Allen the football player.

Completely forgot about Watson.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is where I'll disagree. Teams can quickly turn things around in the NFL. Let's say in the AFC Mahomes becomes something good. Let's say Andrew Luck is back to MVP level type player. Let's say that Mariota starts looking more like he did earlier in his career. Let's say Keenum takes the next step in his career.

I mean even if half those things happen you are looking at another maybe 2-3 teams being in the top-10 of the NFL.

Things can change rapidly... case in point the Eagles. But the NFC as a whole is MUCH stronger then the AFC and it will take more then an off season for this to change. Teams rise and fall in both conferences but it would be an oddity for a bunch of AFC teams to get better and none in the NFC.
Vikings, Rams, Eagles, Atlanta, Saints all could go to the SB. Only NE or Pitt can make it in the AFC

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things can change rapidly... case in point the Eagles. But the NFC as a whole is MUCH stronger then the AFC and it will take more then an off season for this to change. Teams rise and fall in both conferences but it would be an oddity for a bunch of AFC teams to get better and none in the NFC.
Vikings, Rams, Eagles, Atlanta, Saints all could go to the SB. Only NE or Pitt can make it in the AFC

First off it wouldn't shock me if half those NFC teams you listed struggled to get to 8-8. Second off if you think those are the only teams in the AFC I guess I have my answer for how much you have actually watched AFC teams in the last few years. Kind of makes this conversation pointless when you can't see past the NFC at all to what the AFC could be bringing to the table.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off it wouldn't shock me if half those NFC teams you listed struggled to get to 8-8. Second off if you think those are the only teams in the AFC I guess I have my answer for how much you have actually watched AFC teams in the last few years. Kind of makes this conversation pointless when you can't see past the NFC at all to what the AFC could be bringing to the table.

Fill me in... who do you see with potential in the AFC?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fill me in... who do you see with potential in the AFC?

Chargers are a darkhorse for the Super Bowl in the AFC. Good QB, great weapons on offense, decent OL, great pass rushers (maybe best in the league), very underrated secondary.

Jaguars obviously made it to the AFC Championship game last year and had the Pats on the ropes most of the game. They have an outstanding defense and a good running game. That can get you far in this league.

Houston if Watson plays at the level he did last year when healthy. Throw in they are getting back a ton of talent from IR that went down early in the season. Again when they had their guys they were right there with the Pats in ability on the field.

Chiefs if Mahomes lives up to the potential could be a top-3 offense in the NFL.

Broncos if Keenum plays at or above the level he played at for the Vikings would have them in talks especially with that defense they have and the addition of Chubb.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that potentially have pathways to being top 10 teams by year's end from the AFC

Pats
Steelers
Jaguars
Chiefs
Titans
Chargers
Ravens
Texans
Broncos
Colts

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE gets a 6 game handicap each year. that helps.

Then again, PHI gets to play DAL twice a year. Not as big of a handicap. But it helps. :D
Yeah that 3-13 Gnats team was a real powerhouse last season. The Skins haven't scared anyone since the John Riggins days. But yah you're right:rolleyes2:

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's just look at last year. They had the Packers with the best record in football at 12-4 (they went 7-9). They had this list of teams going 11-5...Arizona (8-8), Tampa Bay (5-11).

At 10-6 they had the Broncos, Chargers, and Raiders.

For the NFC they had Green Bay, Arizona, Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, and the New York Giants making it into the playoffs. Only 2 of those 6 made it.

They were better with the AFC but it is very top heavy. New England, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Denver, and the Chargers.

So 4 of the 6 right. They were 50% in predicting playoff teams. Yeah those great experts are no better than flipping a coin. But hey you keep leaning on that ESPN group thinking they know best.

You're preaching to the choir Sonny boy....I am the one who says all predictions are merely guesses , some educated, some not but guesses never the less...
Yours is in the uneducated column but you just don't know it, that's the funny part of it all !!! :crazy::dhd: