• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN insider think that

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has better linebackers than the niners. That the niners can't run on Fletcher and it will be up to Smith to win throwing the ball. Predicted score 21 20 San Fran winning.

49ers LBers are way better than the Redskins

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i need a job at espn, because they're smoking the good shit there

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has better linebackers than the niners. That the niners can't run on Fletcher and it will be up to Smith to win throwing the ball. Predicted score 21 20 San Fran winning.

49ers LBers are way better than the Redskins

Overall, they are wrong. But Orakpo is a beast, Fletcher is strong and Kerrigan is doing well. Not super crazy but I think ours are better.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orakpo is someone to consider come sunday...... hmm, lets continue the good work Staley!

but our LBs have outperform theirs by a good measure IMO.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fletcher and Orapko are awesome, but has this "insider" ever watched Bowman play? Is Aldon Smith considered a DE or an OLB in this comparison? Brooks has played just about as well as Orapko too.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so I just looked.

Willis is a lot better on the inside than Fletcher but Fletcher is a very good player. Orakpo and Kerrigan are significantly better than Ahmad Brooks who is garbage and Haralson, if he is still starting. Bowman is much better than McIntosh, but just by a little. Rock is having a very good year.

The Redskins are better on the edge, and the 9ers are better in the middle. It is pretty evemnif you ask me.

None of it matters. The Redskins have zero, literally zero offense and will lose by double digits.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, they are wrong. But Orakpo is a beast, Fletcher is strong and Kerrigan is doing well. Not super crazy but I think ours are better.

Orakpo? A beast? This isn't college football anymore. He has 26 tackles this year. That ties him for 176th in the league. He does have 4.5 sacks, which is good enough to tie him for 20th in the league. And solo tackles he has 17. All season. Tied for 220th in the league.

Orakpo is going off of name only, his production has been non-existent.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orakpo? A beast? This isn't college football anymore. He has 26 tackles this year. That ties him for 176th in the league. He does have 4.5 sacks, which is good enough to tie him for 20th in the league. And solo tackles he has 17. All season. Tied for 220th in the league.

Orakpo is going off of name only, his production has been non-existent.

He is a 3-4 outside linebacker. His tackle totals are not supposed to be high :l He gets sacks and forces the play to the inside guys :L:L

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a 3-4 outside linebacker. His tackle totals are not supposed to be high :l He gets sacks and forces the play to the inside guys :L:L

His numbers translate to roughly those of Dallas' Anthony Spencer. Spencer is a scrub, and Orakpo is playing like one.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This. He hasn't had the high sack totals this year so far, but he's still playing well. DeMarcus Ware only has 31 tackles.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamarr Woodley, arguably the best 3-4 OLB in the league right now has 36. If you want to judge how good a 3-4 OLB is look at sacks, hurries and the amount of tackles his opposite inside guy (in this case McIntosh) has because that is how the scheme is set up, and what coaches look at.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. He hasn't had the high sack totals this year so far, but he's still playing well. DeMarcus Ware only has 31 tackles.

And Ware has 12 sacks. Orakpo of course can't be compared to Ware because few can, but Orakpo has 4.5 sacks, similar to Spencer.

Orakpo, as I said, is not playing like a beast. He may be a contributor, but he is no "beast". Ware is a beast.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you a Cowboys fan?

I am, but that doesn't mean a hill of beans. If the guy was playing like a beast, then I wouldn't have a problem. I can admit when a stud player is a stud. The hated Egirls have a few stud CB's. Hakeem Nicks is a stud WR. I've been a fan of Santana Moss for a while, even though he kills my team.

But when a guy is having a pedestrian year, and for the most part career, I can't agree with people calling him a "beast".

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are an aTm grad and Cowboys fan who is hating on a Texas grad playing for the Redskins. Got it.

You have not seen him this year if you are saying he is having a pedestrian season. The fact that you brought up fucking tackle totals as an indicator of skill in an edge rusher tells me what I need to know. No need to continue this discussion.

Cheers....

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are an aTm grad and Cowboys fan who is hating on a Texas grad playing for the Redskins. Got it.

You have not seen him this year if you are saying he is having a pedestrian season. The fact that you brought up fucking tackle totals as an indicator of skill in an edge rusher tells me what I need to know. No need to continue this discussion.

Cheers....

Ah, so you are defending an average player and deflecting by saying I must have an agenda because I don't agree that a guy who averages 2/3's of a sack per game is a "beast".

I have seen him this year, but I had to look for him REALLY close in the Dallas game. He had 1 tackle, 1 QB hit, and nothing else while going against a rookie and an out of place guy on a O-line that has no veteran presence.

You are right, there is no need to continue this discussion. You are a Skins fann that is over valuing your player and getting upset when someone points out that your guy is nothing more than average.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, so you are defending an average player and deflecting by saying I must have an agenda because I don't agree that a guy who averages 2/3's of a sack per game is a "beast".

I have seen him this year, but I had to look for him REALLY close in the Dallas game. He had 1 tackle, 1 QB hit, and nothing else while going against a rookie and an out of place guy on a O-line that has no veteran presence.

You are right, there is no need to continue this discussion. You are a Skins fann that is over valuing your player and getting upset when someone points out that your guy is nothing more than average.

Brian Orakpo = Average

...I am wrong....

Got it. I criticize the Skins more than anyone, but this is one guy who is a top caliber players in a sea of disappointment, over-hype and mediocrity.

Once again, I have a tough time taking someone serious who looks at tackle totals for an edge rusher. That alone tells me more than I need to know.