• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Espn/abc blackout for at@t/directv customers

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These assholes better get this worked out.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sec commish has weighed in.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this shit goes down, I'm cancelling Uverse.

Somebody tell me what I need to get this Hulu shit working, please.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this shit goes down, I'm cancelling Uverse.

Somebody tell me what I need to get this Hulu shit working, please.

If your TV doesn't have streaming services built in, you'll need to purchase a wi-fi device to stream to. I use a Roku stick.

You can also download the streaming services app on your computer and hook it to your tv with an HDMI cable. They'll give you a one week 'Free Trial' to get you through this weekend.

I use the mid-level PS Vue streaming service.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your TV doesn't have streaming services built in, you'll need to purchase a wi-fi device to stream to. I use a Roku stick.

You can also download the streaming services app on your computer and hook it to your tv with an HDMI cable. They'll give you a one week 'Free Trial' to get you through this weekend.

I use the mid-level PS Vue streaming service.

My TV is not a Fredo.

It's smaaaat.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Dish. When I lost my Brewers games, I did some research...

December 2017 Disney bought out the regional Fox Sports networks. When the existing contract with Dish expired a couple months ago, Disney made outrageous demands that would've jacked up consumer rates - so Dish simply dropped the channels (for now) so their entire clientele wouldn't suffer from Disney's greed.

Not-so-coincidentally, ESPN and ABC are also owned by Disney.

DirecTV, AT&T & Dish are not the bad guys here, Disney is. It sucks we're losing our sports right now, but it needs to happen to control Disney's greed and domination.
CBS was blacked out all summer. That didn't involve Disney

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Like all of the extra channels too. This is where I disagree with the streamers. Having a big package is good IMO. All of the crap that needs to be done to stream, roku stick, etc. is a pain, pan, pain. BTW, I only pay $100 a month with my internet / Direct TV Bundle and am very happy with the exception of the ESPN Doom headed my way. However, that's not enough for me to jump off the deep end and start dealing with all of the streaming hassles, because I know that if Direct TV totally divorces themselves from ESPN, they will go under.

No it isnt. Its not a pain at all. I have an IPTV app that I pay $20 each month for, Nitro TV, on my firestick. Its absolutely fantastic, true hi-def, and channels from all over the world. My high-speed internet with spectrum is $69 a month, so i pay $90 and have the entire world's channels at my fingertips

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Domsday Clock has been extended!

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe 9 am Eastern Time, just in time to pull the plug before the First GameDay EVER in Ames. Most Cyclone Thing Ever! They'll be back though. Things are just starting to heat up in Ames, Iowa, USA!

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RP-29 You're embarrassing yourself. Disney does not own the Regional Sports Networks.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s still reddit cfb/nfl streams for free

This is literally all you need outside of your internet connection to watch any game in any sport for free.

I pay $40/mo for internet and that's it, no other monthly cost is needed to get whatever media you want.

Anyone who's still paying for TV in 2019 (whether it be cable, satellite, or a streaming IPTV service) just does not get it.

I have a Chromecast ($20) so I can cast the streams wirelessly from my computer to my TV. (Most new TV's these days already have Chromecast built in, so you wouldn't need to buy the separate Chromecast dongle in this case.)

I also have a Fire TV Stick ($25) for all the TV shows and Movies that anyone could ever want or need. All the Android apps that provide the content are free to install and use. No buffering, all HD quality, it's perfect.

This is the definition of being a true 'cord cutter' - i.e. not paying for anything besides internet. I've been doing this for over 6 years now. And streaming is 100% legal. It's only illegal if you download the streams to a hard drive to give yourself a saved copy.

I still can't believe there's suckers out there who pay for TV, Movies, and Sports. It just blows my mind when everything is available for free. Again, all you need to pay for each month is your internet connection.

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little over 1 hour away. I can almost hear Europe doing a sound check.