• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Espn/abc blackout for at@t/directv customers

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut the cord, get a Roku and subscribe to HULU Live. The only drawback is there is about 5 minute delay compared to normal providers so it makes posting in game threads a little harder.

I'll never go back.

I did this, but Uverse for my neigborhood cost the same for their TV as it would for Hulu Live.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always fucking something with these God damned providers.

I live in the sticks, cable isn't an option. It's either DirectTv or Dish Network. Direct has never blacked out anything that mattered to me until now, but you can't watch Braves games anymore with Dish Network.

Guess I'll be streaming.

I have Dish. When I lost my Brewers games, I did some research...

December 2017 Disney bought out the regional Fox Sports networks. When the existing contract with Dish expired a couple months ago, Disney made outrageous demands that would've jacked up consumer rates - so Dish simply dropped the channels (for now) so their entire clientele wouldn't suffer from Disney's greed.

Not-so-coincidentally, ESPN and ABC are also owned by Disney.

DirecTV, AT&T & Dish are not the bad guys here, Disney is. It sucks we're losing our sports right now, but it needs to happen to control Disney's greed and domination.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox too? Damn! Oh well, I still prefer Direct TV over streaming as a primary mode. I'll just deal with the inconvenience until they work it out - which they will. Sucks for Saturday Morning (GamedDay), but I'll be in the Stadium for the game, so after 10 am or so, I won't care about the ESPN-Direct TV dispute. All I can say is that both sides are stupid and pissing customers off. Let's Go State!
Normally I'd agree but we've been without fox for 4 months now . Can't risk that with ESPN . I had made my peace with missing the world series but I'm not going to do that and miss CFB too

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use Suddenlink so no problems like I had with Dish

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nice thing about the streaming services is you're only obligated for a month at a time. It's not like cable/satellite where you have to sign 12 month contracts. Cable/satellite companies give new subscribers a good deal for 12 months, but after that your bill skyrockets. I was constantly fighting with Cox cable over raising my rates.

I have the availability of multiple streaming services from my Roku stick. If I don't like my streaming service, I can change service from month to month without any penalty. I've been with PS Vue for years, as I don't know of another service that offers as good of a sports line-up.

There is probably a 45 second - 1 minute delay as compared to cable/satellite, but not 5 minutes. For the hassle and money saved, it's worth it to me.
I pay $100 total for mid-range internet speed (cox) and a streaming service. My cable/internet bill was $185/month (no movie channels, just basic 60 some channels), and I couldn't get a Nebraska game because it was on ESPNU.
I called Cox to complain and they went into the "For another $15/month, you can get the sports package"...... I said "Fuck you, I'm not paying you $200 for a Nebraska game. Shut the cable off right now". "Well, sir if you get a house phone we can...". "Fuck you, I don't want a house phone".
I went to my lap top, downloaded the one week free trial of SlingTv, ran a HDMI cable to my tv, and watched the game for free. I then signed up for SlingTv and they sent me a free Roku stick in the mail. I cancelled the SlingTV service at the end of the month and went to PS Vue because it had a better sports line-up. I have since bought two more Roku sticks for other TV's. They are like $35 IIRC.
I only lost History Channel going to PS Vue, but I can watch all the episodes (delayed a week) through the History Channel website, as my TV has a web-browser.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW... If a game is on ABC, NBC, CBS, or FOX, I have a $20 digital antenna I bought at Wal-mart to pick those up over the air without any delay. I just use the "Source/Input" button on my remote to switch back and forth from the Digital antenna and my Roku stick.
I watch local news via the digital antenna.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Dish. When I lost my Brewers games, I did some research...

December 2017 Disney bought out the regional Fox Sports networks. When the existing contract with Dish expired a couple months ago, Disney made outrageous demands that would've jacked up consumer rates - so Dish simply dropped the channels (for now) so their entire clientele wouldn't suffer from Disney's greed.

Not-so-coincidentally, ESPN and ABC are also owned by Disney.

DirecTV, AT&T & Dish are not the bad guys here, Disney is. It sucks we're losing our sports right now, but it needs to happen to control Disney's greed and domination.
Nah directv etc are bad guys too. They force u into bullshit packages to secure the espn networks. U need to pay for 100+ channels you never even turn on to insure you get espn, fs1, and local sports channels . Fuck the dish networks and cable companies

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing college football would suck but I also feel sorry for anyone that is stuck with only standard cable or satellite. We have a couple of fiber-optic choices here that are much more reliable. The stuff never goes out

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah directv etc are bad guys too. They force u into bullshit packages to secure the espn networks. U need to pay for 100+ channels you never even turn on to insure you get espn, fs1, and local sports channels . Fuck the dish networks and cable companies

You speak truth regarding those 'tard-y packages; however, if Disney wasn't asking for dump trucks full of solid gold bricks wrapped in diamond-encrusted linens for ESPN & the like, the satellite and cable companies would have better packages and better prices.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck DirecTV. I haven't had FOX since April. We lost NBC last week. Can't watch football on those channels. I cut the cord on the 22nd of this month. I can't wait to tell them to fuck off.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Like all of the extra channels too. This is where I disagree with the streamers. Having a big package is good IMO. All of the crap that needs to be done to stream, roku stick, etc. is a pain, pan, pain. BTW, I only pay $100 a month with my internet / Direct TV Bundle and am very happy with the exception of the ESPN Doom headed my way. However, that's not enough for me to jump off the deep end and start dealing with all of the streaming hassles, because I know that if Direct TV totally divorces themselves from ESPN, they will go under.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing college football would suck but I also feel sorry for anyone that is stuck with only standard cable or satellite. We have a couple of fiber-optic choices here that are much more reliable. The stuff never goes out
I had Cincinnati FiberOptics when I lived there! I loved it, but the Millennials in my building all want to go to streaming when the next HOA Cincinnati Bell contract is negotiated. They bitched about all of this because they wanted more internet which pushed it up $10 a month, and they decided to get rid of basic cable instead. Sorry, Millennialism can be very annoying to regular folks. :D

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I don't have cable anymore

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut the cord, get a Roku and subscribe to HULU Live. The only drawback is there is about 5 minute delay compared to normal providers so it makes posting in game threads a little harder.

I'll never go back.
This. I’ve tried most of the streaming services, ended up back with Hulu Live. It’s by far the best option from my experience.

Directv now was my second favorite, until they ruined everything (separate issue than this).

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word?

The amount of outrage over this will be stronger than the hippies protesting Vietnam.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Direct tv losing espn and dish losing fox sports.
You’ll need like 5 different subscriptions to watch sports pretty soon.
Basically all these satellite and cable companies can fuck themselves.