• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN’s Chris Fowler brings the UCFacts

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am giving LSU more than some credit. They were down multiple guys and still won as you said by a wider margin. But when did they win the fiesta bowl?

About four months ago. 40 to 32 over UCF.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some years they can beat Auburn when Bama can’t get it done.

Yup, congrats on one of your 2 ranked wins. Just like some years we lost to Mississippi when we clubbed everyone else like baby seals. The difference being that Mississippi actually had 4 top 20 recruiting classes, a top 10 and a top 5 over that same span, versus their best class being, lol, #55.

There is no amount of coaching that is going to take a team that averages the 69th best recruiting class over a decade and make them a national contender. Maybe if you averaged 69, but had two top 10's in there, maybe. But they don't, their best class puts them in the fringes of the P5. Evan that #55 class is bogus, because the top ranked signee out of that class...the only top 200 player they have ever signed, lol...is at Texas A&M now. We literally recruit 10-15 players a year that are better than the top recruit you have signed in a decade...and we've only one half of the national championships in the last decade, but I'm supposed to believe that you are on the same level, lol.

If you put the top 10 coaches in college football on this staff, placed them in any P5 conference, they would not only not win the CFP, they wouldn't make it there.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike Bama, UCF has to rely on actual coaching.

Washington recruits way better than UCF, and I'm assuming you think Petersen is a better coach than Hypeal or Frost....how did that work out for Washington..........

Hopefully y'all will make the CFP again someday, hope we draw you...we could use another bye.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\

LOL, get real, Here are the ranks of UCF's recruiting classes since 2012...96,79,68,71,65,55,62,57 and the they are currently trending for the #64 for the 2020 class.

They recruit at a fringe P5 level and they they play at a fringe P5 level. If anything the media gives them more credit than they are due solely for playing in the AAC.

Since 2012, they are 2-5 against ranked P5 opponents getting outscored 257-183.

You know what we call teams that go 1-3 against ranked SEC opponents....Mississippi State.

Mrs. State is 6-20 against ranked SEC opponents since 2012. While their 23% winning percentage is lower than UCF's 25% against ranked SEC teams, I think we should cut them some slack for playing 19 more ranked SEC opponents over that span.

UCF recruits and plays at a level that they can be P5 competitive when 1 or 2 recruits perform at a high level for a year or two, but not a level that will achieve, let alone sustain elite success. They, like Boise State before them, will continue to get more accolades than they deserve, because they are not challenged in conference.
You are ignoring the huge three star player they signed for next year. Top 5 class guaranteed now.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have a hard time giving too much credit to a really good team in a trash league as opposed to a really good team playing a power 5 schedule. Not saying they couldn’t compete in a power conference just they’d be 8-4,7-5 type team IMO :suds:
Same was said about all those teams that moved up in last few years like Utah TCU and Louisville

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, my bad. I totally forgot that was the fiesta bowl.

I go to that game pretty much every year along with any National Championship games that Phoenix gets. I saw your message and needed a sanity check. I could have sworn I was there!

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, congrats on one of your 2 ranked wins. Just like some years we lost to Mississippi when we clubbed everyone else like baby seals. The difference being that Mississippi actually had 4 top 20 recruiting classes, a top 10 and a top 5 over that same span, versus their best class being, lol, #55.

There is no amount of coaching that is going to take a team that averages the 69th best recruiting class over a decade and make them a national contender. Maybe if you averaged 69, but had two top 10's in there, maybe. But they don't, their best class puts them in the fringes of the P5. Evan that #55 class is bogus, because the top ranked signee out of that class...the only top 200 player they have ever signed, lol...is at Texas A&M now. We literally recruit 10-15 players a year that are better than the top recruit you have signed in a decade...and we've only one half of the national championships in the last decade, but I'm supposed to believe that you are on the same level, lol.

If you put the top 10 coaches in college football on this staff, placed them in any P5 conference, they would not only not win the CFP, they wouldn't make it there.
a) I’m an Ohio State fan and b) I’m just saying they deserve a playoff shot. Why else play in a system that’s designed by default to automatically exclude you? Again, on any given Saturday UCF has proved they can play with anyone. I’m not pretending they’d win the SEC. But they’ve shown they can hang and took care of everyone on their schedule. They deserve their shot.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a) I’m an Ohio State fan and b) I’m just saying they deserve a playoff shot. Why else play in a system that’s designed by default to automatically exclude you? Again, on any given Saturday UCF has proved they can play with anyone. I’m not pretending they’d win the SEC. But they’ve shown they can hang and took care of everyone on their schedule. They deserve their shot.
Would you be okay if a team like Boise State played 4 FCS opponents as their OOC games and send them to the playoffs since your record is all that matters, the quality of your schedule is meaningless?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you be okay if a team like Boise State played 4 FCS opponents as their OOC games and send them to the playoffs since your record is all that matters, the quality of your schedule is meaningless?
This is a false argument since thats not something happening and there are rules about it.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a false argument since thats not something happening and there are rules about it.
The rule is only one game counts towards bowl eligibility. If a team from a G5 wants to make it to the playoffs they need to make an attempt at having an extra ordinary OOC to over come the conference schedule. UCF has made no attempt at doing that and have in fact ran away and hid from scheduling a quality team.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A) Meh, anyone that spends this much time pimping out UCF has UCF G-strings in their underwear drawer. B) If you would have to pretend to envision them winning the SEC, then no, they don't deserve a shot. IF that were the criteria, everyone should just join a G5 conference. Would LSU be a perennial shoo-in to win 12 games in the AAC? Yet, they haven't been to the CFP...and neither should UCF for beating no one of note. Their two best teams have gone 1-1 against two SEC teams that did not make the SEC CCG...fuck them at their CFP shot. When we start rewarding mediocrity we might as well go back to the 1980's and give a National Championship to the Holiday Bowl winner.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same was said about all those teams that moved up in last few years like Utah TCU and Louisville

...and who did they beat? Utah has the best win, but quite frankly we were the second best team in the SEC that year. What have any of them done now that they have to play a big boy conference schedule...despite recruiting much better talent.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and who did they beat? Utah has the best win, but quite frankly we were the second best team in the SEC that year. What have any of them done now that they have to play a big boy conference schedule...despite recruiting much better talent.
You have all them division and conference titles between those teams since they joined P5 conferences. You best Wreckognize.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen this movie before. Play no one all year then go for broke in your one game against a decent team and claim moral victory if you're even close. If you actually win that game then claim that proves you would have beat any team.
USC has sucked recently true . This season they play Stanford in game number two followed by BYU then Utah then Washington then Notre Dame. Thats some serious teams.One doesn't fit
UCF plays Stanford early also but the difference is that they fill in their schedule with Florida A&M , Florida Atlantic , Connecticut and Pitt. One team doesn't fit there also but it's in the opposite way.
So UCF will probably have more wins but look at who they played.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have all them division and conference titles between those teams since they joined P5 conferences. You best Wreckognize.

ahhh yes, how could I forget. Perhaps they should start pimping out their division crowns like mutiger to remind us of their greatness.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) Meh, anyone that spends this much time pimping out UCF has UCF G-strings in their underwear drawer. B) If you would have to pretend to envision them winning the SEC, then no, they don't deserve a shot. IF that were the criteria, everyone should just join a G5 conference. Would LSU be a perennial shoo-in to win 12 games in the AAC? Yet, they haven't been to the CFP...and neither should UCF for beating no one of note. Their two best teams have gone 1-1 against two SEC teams that did not make the SEC CCG...fuck them at their CFP shot. When we start rewarding mediocrity we might as well go back to the 1980's and give a National Championship to the Holiday Bowl winner.

Whole lotta hypothetical BS per usual, and hard to take you serious when you can’t get your facts straight. The year they beat Auburn was the year Auburn won the West division and went to the CCG.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stupid absolute scenario but thanks. No, what I’m saying is the system is extremely flawed by giving participation to teams with no conceivable way of being included to win the championship. Needs to be 8 teams so BSU or UCF or whomever is the top rep from the G5 gets an auto bid.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid absolute scenario but thanks. No, what I’m saying is the system is extremely flawed by giving participation to teams with no conceivable way of being included to win the championship. Needs to be 8 teams so BSU or UCF or whomever is the top rep from the G5 gets an auto bid.
Fuck auto bids. It’s the worst idea possible. G5 can make the playoffs but when their best non-conference game they had the last two years is a 7-7 Pitt. The only other P5 team they have played is 4-8. If Alabama or Clemson or Ohio State played UCF’s OOC schedule we would be mocking them for playing such a shit schedule.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, my bad. I totally forgot that was the fiesta bowl.
How could you forget it??? All the SEC nutswingers claim it was the total demise of the UCF empire. They've been pumping that shit since the 2nd quarter.