• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Ebron in Detroit

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I think I have it figured out but I don't. I have always been under the impression that some QBs don't like throwing to TEs because it's not their style. So Ebron didn't cut it in Detroit and becomes better in Indianapolis. Surely, it has to do with the QB right? So why does Detroit draft a tight end in the second round knowing that TEs have had a poor record in Detroit with Stafford at QB. Part of me believes this pick had Patricia's fingerprints all over it trying to duplicate a NE offense (even though he's a defensive guy).

What did Ebron, however, lack in Detroit that this new TE supposedly has? I mean it's like teaching an old dog new tricks.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I think I have it figured out but I don't. I have always been under the impression that some QBs don't like throwing to TEs because it's not their style. So Ebron didn't cut it in Detroit and becomes better in Indianapolis. Surely, it has to do with the QB right? So why does Detroit draft a tight end in the second round knowing that TEs have had a poor record in Detroit with Stafford at QB. Part of me believes this pick had Patricia's fingerprints all over it trying to duplicate a NE offense (even though he's a defensive guy).

What did Ebron, however, lack in Detroit that this new TE supposedly has? I mean it's like teaching an old dog new tricks.
Andrew Luck, when healthy, has been able to use his TE's pretty damn good. Not his fault Fleener and Allen can't catch and Doyle couldn't stay healthy..............at least that's my take on it.

EDIT: Allen really couldn't stay healthy either. Bottom Line: It's a healthy Luck.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck likes his TE’s nothing new there. Lions under said coach want to try to love TE’s. We’ll see how that works out.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ebron while here, lacked focus, his untimely drops hurt his popularity, plus i doubt he ever wanted to be here. Maybe he was just a millionaire kid in awe of his offtime.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really it might just come down to Luck being a better QB than Stafford but to be fair Ebron still dropped some key passes last year still and still did well because of volume. There was a stretch last year where he was the clear #1 target for the team simply due to injury. Don't think that ever happened for him in Detroit.

I bet if you went back and looked at the stats, Ebron saw a ton more targets this last season than in any previous seasons with the Lions. I think you are right, they just don't like using TE's that much.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's my point which makes that whole draft pick completely stupid. Lions are in position to do well with an easier schedule next year but I have a feeling heads are gonna roll with Patricia if Stafford doesn't buy his way of doing things.

Do they still have P***y as OC?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron while here, lacked focus, his untimely drops hurt his popularity, plus i doubt he ever wanted to be here. Maybe he was just a millionaire kid in awe of his offtime.

Well, it didn't work much with Pettigrew either. Initially it did but Megatron, Reggie, Bell pretty much isolated him.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it didn't work much with Pettigrew either. Initially it did but Megatron, Reggie, Bell pretty much isolated him.
Pettigrew and Ebron both had dropsies issues. Both never lived up to potential. TE isnt a featured part of the offense, because they have had guys who just cant be consistent, sure they can make a great play once in awhile... but to feature a guy he needs to be sure handed.

Pettigrew should make this play and he didnt...

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stafford likes to really zing the ball in there(no touch on his throws) and Ebron doesn't have great hands it was just a bad match. Hockenson was drafted because of his blocking ability more than anything, but it doesn't hurt that he has excellent hands.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford likes to really zing the ball in there(no touch on his throws) and Ebron doesn't have great hands it was just a bad match. Hockenson was drafted because of his blocking ability more than anything, but it doesn't hurt that he has excellent hands.

So where does that leave Jesse James? I know he wasn't signed for his hands.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bob Quinn is clearly retarded.

He drafted a long snapper. Fired the only Lions coach to have back to back winning seasons in 25 years. Hired his fat rapist friend to replace him. He drafted Teez Tabor in the second, as a corner. He has linebacker speed and doesn't even like football. He signed Stafford to the largest contract ever. Then...He realized he needed a scapegoat for the shitty season ahead. And go busy depleting Jim Bobs offense of talent. He let Ebron walk rather than give him his 5th year. Did not replace him. He traded up for Kerryon Johnson. Then traded for the pick he used to trade up. Traded Tate, leaving no talent on offense. Then drafts a TE even higher than Mayhew took Ebron. Cuz "this is a running team."

His tenure won't be much longer. But he get fleeced by NE on a couple trades first.

The owner is a lady in her 90's. The Team Prez, her former personal accountant. It's a shitty franchise.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where does that leave Jesse James? I know he wasn't signed for his hands.

I think the idea is a cross between the Gronk/Hernandez Pats and Rex Ryans Jets(Probably closer to the Jets especially since Stafford is a lot closer to Buttfumble than he is to Brady), but i expect lots of 2 maybe even 3 TE sets this year. I wouldn't expect more than TE2 numbers out of either this year hoping for a 50-550-7 line out of Hock.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's my point which makes that whole draft pick completely stupid. Lions are in position to do well with an easier schedule next year but I have a feeling heads are gonna roll with Patricia if Stafford doesn't buy his way of doing things.

Do they still have P***y as OC?
Drafting a tight end in the first round is retarded. They usually don't work out. Lions are morons.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the idea is a cross between the Gronk/Hernandez Pats and Rex Ryans Jets(Probably closer to the Jets especially since Stafford is a lot closer to Buttfumble than he is to Brady), but i expect lots of 2 maybe even 3 TE sets this year. I wouldn't expect more than TE2 numbers out of either this year hoping for a 50-550-7 line out of Hock.
Much closer to buttfumble.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2000, theres only been 4 Rookie TE's hit 50+ catches, Evan Engram as the last man standing in NY, Jeremy Shockey, John Carlson, and Jermaine Gresham

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2000, theres only been 4 Rookie TE's hit 50+ catches, Evan Engram as the last man standing in NY, Jeremy Shockey, John Carlson, and Jermaine Gresham
funny carlson and gresham are on there

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really it might just come down to Luck being a better QB than Stafford but to be fair Ebron still dropped some key passes last year still and still did well because of volume. There was a stretch last year where he was the clear #1 target for the team simply due to injury. Don't think that ever happened for him in Detroit.

I bet if you went back and looked at the stats, Ebron saw a ton more targets this last season than in any previous seasons with the Lions. I think you are right, they just don't like using TE's that much.
Was actually the second lowest catch % of his career. (Rookie year being worse.)

Huge uptick in targets. 86 was his career high from the year before. 110 last season. More targets and more TDs.