• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EPL Thread 2018-2019

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if Kane moves any time soon and if he does I'll be shocked if it's to anyone other than Man Utd.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man City:
  • Mar 30 - Fulham (A)-W
  • April 6 - Cardiff (H)-W
  • April 14 - Crystal Palace (A)-D
  • April 20 -Tottenham (H)-W
  • April 24 - Manchester United (A)-L
  • April 28 - Burnley (A)-W
  • May 4 - Leicester (H)-W
  • May 12 - Brighton (A)-W
Liverpool:
  • Mar 17 - Fulham (A)-W
  • Mar 31 - Tottenham (H)-W
  • April 5 - Southampton (A)-L
  • April 14 - Chelsea (H)-W
  • April 21 - Cardiff (A)-W
  • April 26 - Huddersfield (H)-W
  • May 4 - Newcastle (A)-W
  • May 12 - Wolves (H)-W

I think that is how it will play out which means Liverpool win by 1 point

Hope you're right. As a Liverpool fan I'm most worried about the Spurs game. I really think we need to win out if we're going to overtake City.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not sold on him just yet. New manager bump, plus a stretch against mostly bad to average teams, and a lucky break against PSG.

He's still basically playing for the counter, and parked the bus against Liverpool.

And Point of fact...when he took over, Liverpool was top and ManU was 16 points behind, Liverpool had their tumble, they are back on top (for now), and ManU are now 18 points behind them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not sold on him just yet. New manager bump, plus a stretch against mostly bad to average teams, and a lucky break against PSG.

He's still basically playing for the counter, and parked the bus against Liverpool.

And Point of fact...when he took over, Liverpool was top and ManU was 16 points behind, Liverpool had their tumble, they are back on top (for now), and ManU are now 18 points behind them.

He's doing something that Mourinho couldn't do. Beat the bad to average teams.

I don't think it is fair to try and make it seem as a negative because they dropped 2 points to the top team in the league.

He is 14-2-3 in all competions since becoming manager including away wins against Chelsea, Tottenham, PSG, & Arsenal.

Maybe they got a lucky break to advance vs PSG but they were going to win that game either way. Yeah they got lucky on the final goal to advance but in a must win situation, they were going to at least win that game 2-1.

Getting 32 of 39 points over a 13 game window is pretty darn good. I don't care who you were playing.

Liverpool are 9-4-1 in the same stretch

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's doing something that Mourinho couldn't do. Beat the bad to average teams.

I don't think it is fair to try and make it seem as a negative because they dropped 2 points to the top team in the league.

He is 14-2-3 in all competions since becoming manager including away wins against Chelsea, Tottenham, PSG, & Arsenal.

Maybe they got a lucky break to advance vs PSG but they were going to win that game either way. Yeah they got lucky on the final goal to advance but in a must win situation, they were going to at least win that game 2-1.

Getting 32 of 39 points over a 13 game window is pretty darn good. I don't care who you were playing.

Liverpool are 9-4-1 in the same stretch
True, and don't get me wrong, I like OGS and think he's a good guy and a good manager, but I just think ManU fans, and the press, should ease up a bit before crowning him the new SAF after just 19 games, and see where he's at this time next season. And see if they feel the same after April when he faces Barcelona, City, and Chelsea, and away games at Wolves and Everton (neither a gimme)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, and don't get me wrong, I like OGS and think he's a good guy and a good manager, but I just think ManU fans, and the press, should ease up a bit before crowning him the new SAF after just 19 games, and see where he's at this time next season. And see if they feel the same after April when he faces Barcelona, City, and Chelsea, and away games at Wolves and Everton (neither a gimme)

Oh yeah I agree with that

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solskjaer appointment reminds me of when Liverpool brought back Kenny Dalglish as a caretaker manager after sacking Hodgson. I don't think Liverpool intended him as anything other than a stop gap appointment but he did well enough that they had no choice but to appoint him full time when they really didn't want to and sure enough he only lasted a year.

Solksjaer has done a better job than Dalglish did with his temporary assignment but I bet that secretly United would have preferred to appoint a higher profile man in the summer.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solskjaer appointment reminds me of when Liverpool brought back Kenny Dalglish as a caretaker manager after sacking Hodgson. I don't think Liverpool intended him as anything other than a stop gap appointment but he did well enough that they had no choice but to appoint him full time when they really didn't want to and sure enough he only lasted a year.

Solksjaer has done a better job than Dalglish did with his temporary assignment but I bet that secretly United would have preferred to appoint a higher profile man in the summer.
My guess is Pochettino wasn't interested, Zidane is back at RM, and there aren't really any better options out there right now so they figured better to stick with Ole.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you're right. As a Liverpool fan I'm most worried about the Spurs game. I really think we need to win out if we're going to overtake City.

I think Liverpool needs to win out. Even if city loses at ManU, Liverpool still would need to win out. Especially since it’s looking like goal differential is probably going to city.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s Go Fulham!!!

Craven Cottage looks like a polo ground

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Liverpool needs to win out. Even if city loses at ManU, Liverpool still would need to win out. Especially since it’s looking like goal differential is probably going to city.

Liverpool got lucky against Spurs but a huge result.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves beat Man United 2-1, guess we'll see how ManU fans feel about Ole over the next few weeks. And if Nuno doesn't get Manager of the Year, it'll be a travesty.

Oh, and for today at least UP THE PALACE!!!!!

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a awesome documentary, was hilarious.

I guess here are the best parts.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need 3 here vs the Blues. Last team on paper that could stop us from winning out besides a home date with Wolves.

Palace also defeating City again is welcomed.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarri running a false 9 is maddening. The guy is a fucking bum.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chelsea should have played Giroud. He ALWAYS scores against Liverpool. Higuain just looked lost when he came on.