• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Enough of Jim Scwartz

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The call on Fairley was weak, but 4 other personal fouls is crazy. He benched Willie Young for taunting, but no one got benched for late hits? It feels like he is coaching the team to make late hits. These kind of things take a lot of joy out of watching the Lions play for me.

The most common thing I hear from people when they find out that I am a Lions fan is that it is a low class organization filled with thugs, it has become very difficult to counter that point. Jim Scwartz is turning this team into to something hard to cheer for. It sucks, I will always be a Lions fan, but I had more pride in the 0-16 team then I do in what this team is becoming.

Fire Schwartz and let the talent we have turn into something that we can be proud of.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind getting rid of Schwartz and would like to cut back on the penalties, but I would rather see this type of aggression and guys hitting then trying to be too careful. The taunting should definitely be eliminated though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a fine line to walk. The reputation is there as a cheap shot team so the refs will be looking for it. You can't pull it back to much because then they become to tentative and it causes problems at the other end.

For the next couple of years the Lions will be under extra scrutiny from the refs for the lack of discipline that they have had for a few years now. Lions will be getting calls like that Fairley call all year, so they can not afford the other types of hits.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell your friends to stop being such media zombies.

NFL Penalties - 2012 League Penalty Stats - NFL Penalty Stats Tracker - List/Statistics/Data of NFL Penalties - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Would you pass on HC's like John Harbaugh? Jeff Fisher? Jim Harbaugh? Pete Carroll? Mike McCarthy? Mike Shannahan? All HC's who's teams rank higher than the Lions in penalties last year (the Ravens ranked 3rd and won the Super Bowl).

Tell your zombie friends it's not Thanksgiving 2011 anymore.

The difference being most of those HC's have winning football teams

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell your friends to stop being such media zombies.

NFL Penalties - 2012 League Penalty Stats - NFL Penalty Stats Tracker - List/Statistics/Data of NFL Penalties - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Would you pass on HC's like John Harbaugh? Jeff Fisher? Jim Harbaugh? Pete Carroll? Mike McCarthy? Mike Shannahan? All HC's who's teams rank higher than the Lions in penalties last year (the Ravens ranked 3rd and won the Super Bowl).

Tell your zombie friends it's not Thanksgiving 2011 anymore.

Lions came in 19th on total penalties per game, but 5th in yards per game. That is because they get so many 15 yard penalties from roughing the passer and late hits. I don't think they get more penalties then other teams, I think they get the most after the whislte penalties, which hurts the team the most.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a fine line to walk. The reputation is there as a cheap shot team so the refs will be looking for it. You can't pull it back to much because then they become to tentative and it causes problems at the other end.

For the next couple of years the Lions will be under extra scrutiny from the refs for the lack of discipline that they have had for a few years now. Lions will be getting calls like that Fairley call all year, so they can not afford the other types of hits.

I agree that the Lions get closer looks because of the type of penalties they have had, but they are not the dirtiest team in the league, or the most penalized. They got a lot of extra attention, but the numbers speak for themselves. You said you weren't sure how to debate your friends. Well there you go. It's hardly as bad as the media makes it out to be.

The difference being most of those HC's have winning football teams

Which is my point. No one cares how many penalties you have when you're a winner.

rd27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions came in 19th on total penalties per game, but 5th in yards per game. That is because they get so many 15 yard penalties from roughing the passer and late hits. I don't think they get more penalties then other teams, I think they get the most after the whislte penalties, which hurts the team the most.

According to that link that was provided, the Jaguars were the most penalized for roughing the passer. Unsportsmanlike conduct, Detroit is somewhere in the middle of the league. Sure, we get a bad rep, but it's not that we get too many penalties, just untimely penalties.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
schwartz.jpg

Schwartz1.gif