• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Enough is enough Mora

RoyHobbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, when is this Myles Jack charade going to be over ? Do you see the top teams in the PAC-12, let alone any of the top 25 teams in CFB allowing a player to play both sides of the ball ? Sit Myles down and let him know its one or the other.
Case in point. Every time he went in as a fullback in the recent Texas game the odds were pretty good that the QB was going to hand the ball off to him. Now if you want to compound this carnival by making Eddie Vanderdoes the second coming of William " the refrigerator " Perry then why don't you return to the NFL ? This isn't a circus.
You know that you got very lucky in this last game with Texas. They gave you two golden opportunities by roughing the kicker penalties.Swoopes has a long way to go and still he was able to make pass after pass against a very mediocre secondary. What are you going to do when you face a seasoned QB that will take advantage of your very soft pass defense ?
Try and add a few more wrinkles in your very boring offensive scheme. You can't continue to run Paul Perkins up the middle and expect to be successful.
At least you got some good news today as ASU's QB Taylor Kelly won't be suiting up for next weeks game. Keep up this charade and you will find that the well will have run dry. You seriously can't be really that happy with three wins over teams that haven't even cracked the top 50 now can you?
Ahh, but what do I know.
:rollseyes:

overtone22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...Myles did get us a key first down last week.

I honestly don't think Mora uses Jack offensively enough for it to matter really. Did you read somewhere that Myles is confused about his role on the team? My understanding is that the team doesn't even practice plays with Myles.

RoyHobbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...Myles did get us a key first down last week.

I honestly don't think Mora uses Jack offensively enough for it to matter really. Did you read somewhere that Myles is confused about his role on the team? My understanding is that the team doesn't even practice plays with Myles.

Yes, Jack was able to use his athleticism and get outside the line of scrimmage and pick up a nice first down. I think it was a 9 or 10 yard scamper. But then you look at the rest of his touches and out of 5 he had a total of 14 yards. But this isn't the " Pop Warner " level and Myles is not as great as Jim Thorpe was.
Are we trying to be a top ten program? Isn't that why we went out and hired Mora ? If I am a DC for an opposing team and I see Myles heading into the huddle, I'm going to stack the box and bring up my corners to within 5 yards and have all the defense key on Miles or Vanderdoes .Its too predictable and Mora should know that. Now if he wants to make Eddie into being a short yardage full back and throw in some play action, that would be something worthwhile.
Its one thing to run these plays against Memphis and Texas and have a good outcome. What abut when we play the likes of Oregon, Stanford or USC ? Something is missing in Hundley this year. He isn't running the ball like he did in his fist or second year. He's playing it safe which is maybe at Mora's direction. Compare that to Mariota ( a true Heisman candidate ) . He's currently ranked 5th in the nation according to ESPN. Cal's QB and the ASU QB are both ranked in the top 10.Hundley is currently ranked 37th and is now rehabbing a sore left arm. Brett's gotta a lot of ground to make up if we expect to make it to the PAC-12 championship game in Santa Clara in December.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Jack was able to use his athleticism and get outside the line of scrimmage and pick up a nice first down. I think it was a 9 or 10 yard scamper. But then you look at the rest of his touches and out of 5 he had a total of 14 yards. But this isn't the " Pop Warner " level and Myles is not as great as Jim Thorpe was.
Are we trying to be a top ten program? Isn't that why we went out and hired Mora ? If I am a DC for an opposing team and I see Myles heading into the huddle, I'm going to stack the box and bring up my corners to within 5 yards and have all the defense key on Miles or Vanderdoes .Its too predictable and Mora should know that. Now if he wants to make Eddie into being a short yardage full back and throw in some play action, that would be something worthwhile.
Its one thing to run these plays against Memphis and Texas and have a good outcome. What abut when we play the likes of Oregon, Stanford or USC ? Something is missing in Hundley this year. He isn't running the ball like he did in his fist or second year. He's playing it safe which is maybe at Mora's direction. Compare that to Mariota ( a true Heisman candidate ) . He's currently ranked 5th in the nation according to ESPN. Cal's QB and the ASU QB are both ranked in the top 10.Hundley is currently ranked 37th and is now rehabbing a sore left arm. Brett's gotta a lot of ground to make up if we expect to make it to the PAC-12 championship game in Santa Clara in December.
I agree, using Myles the way we have so far wont continue to work Roy, but that 1st down wasn't just a key first down in my eyes. He picked up his 9 yards on a 4th and 1 which led to a made FG on that drive. It also gave us the lead at the time and just so happened to be the final difference in the game...

Also, I think once we get into conference play we do throw in some play action in there when Myles lines up in the back field....