• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

End of May and Boise State has only ONE Verbal Commit to date

Bronco754

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The early signing period is only 5 1/2 months away now and so far Boise State has only ONE verbal commit. That being Isaiah Bradford of Redlands, CA. I thought Bradford was a Defensive Back commit but he's listed as a WR on the 247 database. He was identified as a defensive back in this story in the Statesman when he committed:

Boise State football lands first 2020 commit, and he’s related to recent Bronco star

But I digress. What I'm getting at is USUALLY by this time of year - even before there was an early signing period in November - Boise State USUALLY had multiple verbal commits at this time of the year. This year they have only ONE so far. Is this cause for concern?

I know that Boise State has 15 scholarship players who (unless some of them are redshirted this fall) will be leaving the program after the 2019 season. Plus it's highly likely that Curtis Weaver will be leaving after his Junior year for the NFL (and possibly Ezra Cleveland as well). With the usual attrition that occurs every year my guess is there will be around 20 additions that will constitute the 2020 recruiting class for Boise State.